Chapter 11

Our Secret

Looking at the exchange, Baekhyun had to pick up his jaw from the floor. Tao chuckled and placed his hands on Baekhyun's shoulders, giving them a gentle squeeze.

"What's with that face love? It's not like you don't know how this works" Tao chuckled, Baekhyun looking at his boyfriend with wide eyes.

"I know, but are they... They're like us and you knew! And didn't tell me!" Baekhyun asked faking to be offended and punching Tao's shoulder. Tao chuckled shielding himself with his hand and shrinking back.

"Sorry! Sorry!" Tao laughed apologizing as he kept trying to avoid Baek's playful hits.

"Ok ok! Settle down you guys, fifth wheel speaking here! Now, let's get going, my car is outside" Luhan said clapping his hands. Chanyeol laughed and followed the baby faced man, interwinding his and Kris's hands.

"Apparently you still drive that van around, why?" Chanyeol asked jokingly as they neared a sky blue minivan.

"Well, my mom allowed me to use it to pick you guys up" Luhan informed them with a chuckle, starting to stuff their suitcases on the trunk of the vehicle.

"Come on" Tao said with a grin, pulling Baekhyun into the back seats of the car. Baekhyun chuckled and looked at Tao grinning widely.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Baekhyun asked with a smile, looking at Tao when he settled on a seat.

"Because I thought it would be a nice surprise" Tao said with a shrug, softly kissing Baekhyun's lips before pulling away.

"Still, I thought you were mad at Kris or something... Because of your interviews and since you never mentioned him whenever we talked about them" Baekhyun asked in a hushed voice looking at Tao.

"Yeah, I didn't talk with him for almost a year, maybe a little bit more, but we got contact and cleared things out, everything was talked and we worked things out in our friendship, we took some time on fixing it as well, it's not like we got back to being great friends over one day" Tao answered with a smile, placing a soft kiss on Baekhyun's temple. Baekhyun made an 'oh' and nodded in understanding, looking at Kris and Chanyeol when they got in, Chanyeol snickering at Luhan.

"Yah! Lover teens! No smooching nor making out on the fifth wheel's car! That goes for you Kris!" Luhan shouted around as he got on the driver’s seat.

"Come on man, what do you take me for?" Kris asked with a chuckle, draping an arm around Chanyeol's shoulders and pulling him closer once they were set in the middle seats.

"I know very well what I take you two for" Luhan said, waving a finger around.

"Yeah yeah, shush and drive, Lu" Chanyeol said with a grin, earning a grumpy snort from Luhan. TaoBaek laughed quietly in the back, Baekhyun burying his face on Tao's side.

"Hey Baek, I noticed that ugly bruise on your face, what happened? If it was Tao let me know and I dump him on the next curve" Luhan called back, glancing at the pair through the rearview mirror.

"Yeah, I saw that too, what happened?" Kris asked, turning around to look at Baek. Baekhyun just looked at them and sighed, shifting a little in his seat to get a more comfortable position.

"The manager did it.... He's not too happy about ... What's going on" Baekhyun said in a sigh. The two Chinese men on the front hummed nodding.

"Yeah, we saw the pictures when they leaked and Chanyeol told us you wanted some time off since you were having problems, but we didn't thought it was this bad" Kris said scratching his chin.

"Then again, that man was seriously homophobic and aggressive" Luhan added from the front, Kris nodding along.

"And how did he found Baekhyun, I thought you guys said you were being careful" Kris said and looked at Chanyeol.

"First off, put your damn seatbelt on, you could die" Chanyeol huffed, reaching over Kris and pulling the seatbelt on the man. Kris chuckled watching Chanyeol secure him and looked at Baekhuun and Tao rolling his eyes.

"We think someone told on us, a snitch" Baekhyun said, not wanting to tell them it was Lay, not now at least. Kris hummed and looked at Chanyeol grinning when he straightened up and looked at Kris.

"Well, at least no one will know you are with us, so rest assured that you'll have some time of peace and quiet." Luhan said, smiling back at them when they stopped at a red light.

"Yeah, also, you guys will stay at my place if that's ok" Kris said looking at Baekhyun with a warm smile.

"I-I... Are you sure? I mean, I wouldn't want to be a burden" Baekhyun said waving his hands in front of him. Kris chuckled and shook his head.

"Trust me Baek, you wont be a burden" Chanyeol reassured with a smile.

"Yeah, if I already have to put up with Luhan, having you around will be a walk down the park" Kris chuckled giving a reassuring smile at Baekhyun. Baekhyun blinked tilting his head to the side looking at Kris questioningly.

"Wait, you two live together? That means he really went for it?" Tao asked before bursting out in laughter. Baekhyun looked at his boyfriend with an even more questioning look before looking back up front.

"Yah! Don't laugh! Trying to make a soccer career at my age while trying to keep up a singer career is not exactly easy! Plus I told you I would make it up to you, I even paid for some of the things at home" Luhan defended, parking the van in front of a nice looking apartment complex.

"We did warn you not to do it, to focus on only one of those, preferably the one that has already taken off" Chanyeol pointed out, getting out of the vehicle with a chuckle. Baekhyun couldn't help but laugh as well, getting out of the van and stretching himself a little.

A pair of arms wrapped around Baekhyun's waist and brought him back against a hard chest. Tao smiled down at his boyfriend and kissed his cheek softly, looking at the shorter man with loving eyes.

"Come on, we need to get inside and help them out with our things" Tao said, letting go of Baekhyun and taking his hand softly. Baekhyun nodded and walked with the taller to the back of the car, reaching over Chanyeol's shoulder to take his backpack .

The group of friends got inside the building and into an elevator, joking and messing around on their way to the right floor.

"Say Baek, I think I have some cream for healing the bruises, I could give you some to take care of that" Luhan said pointing at Baekhyun's bruise.

"N-not it's ok, really guys, stop babying me, I'm great" Baekhyun said looking around and leaning back against Tao.

"We are looking after you Baek, it's not babying you, it's being friends, he would like some of that cream" Chanyeol said with a grin, stepping out of the elevator when the doors opened after a ding. Baekhyun huffed rolling his eyes, a grateful smile tugging at his mouth as he followed Luhan and his two giant friends. Kris unlocked the door of the apartment he owned and walked in, holding the door open with a foot for the others and the keys between his teeth.

"Sorthy abouth the meth guyst" Kris mumbled through his teeth and the keys in his mouth. Chanyeol chuckled and dropped his backpack and suitcase, walking to Kirs and taking the keys from his mouth, giving him a peck on the lips before closing and locking the door of the apartment.

"New tv?" Chanyeol asked looking at the large boxes that were scattered around the living room. Kris chuckled and nodded, shrugging off his jacket and hanging it on the back of a chair.

"Yeah, let's say our last game of Wii sports ended in Luhan crashing the old tv" Kris said with a huffe and a small chuckle.

"IN MY DEFENSE, YOU SHOULD BUY THE SAFETY STRAPS FOR THE CONTROLLERS" Luhan's voice came from a hallway to their left.

"We both know that even if it had the strap you wouldn't use it" Kris said matter of factly before walking to the kitchen.

"I like your house Kris, it's really nice and cozy" Baekhyun complimented, looking around and enjoying the view that being on a high floor granted them.

"That's because you haven't been to my house" Tao said with a smug grin, chuckling when Baekhyun elbowed him.

"Thank's Baek,would you like something to eat? A drink?" Kris asked, glancing at Baek before looking inside the fridge.

"No, I'm good, thank you for the offer" Baek said looking around.

"Do you want help installing the tv Kris?" Tao offered, looking at the owner of the apartment.

"Sure, but first get settled, your bedroom is the first door to the right, bathroom is the door next to that one." Kris informed the couple, pointing at the hallway where Luhan's voice had come from.

"Ok, thanks" Tao said, smiling at Baek as they made their way to the bedroom to get set.

A smile crept up Baekhyun's face as he enjoyed the place. He could already tell, he would have fun.