Chapter 15

Our Secret

A whole week passed and it was the day Baekhyun would go back to Korea. Suho stared at his phone, as he read the message that had just arrived. Baekhyun had just texted him at what hour he would arrive, the gate he would arrive through, everything so they could make sure it was safe.

"Well, everything has been calm, nothing can go wrong I suppose" Suho muttered with a shrug before placing the phone on his bag. He zipped his bag close and drank some water, readying himself for today. He was currently in one of the SM building's resting area, having just finished his vocal practice.

The group thought that some work before picking up Baekhyun and Chanyeol wouldn't kill them, so here they were. After they had arrived each member took off to their respective schedules of practice. The vocals had wrapped up their vocal practice early so they each had gone to check on others. Jongdae was the last to leave, going off to get some snacks for Junmyeon and himself.

Giving a once over everything, Suho nodded feeling satisfied with how tidy his belongings looked. He gave a step back, intending to turn around and leave, when something hard collided with the side of his head. After that everything went black for the leader.

-

Baekhyun chewed on his thumbnail, his bags and suitcase already done and ready for the travel. He stared around the living room trying to distract his bugging mind. It was easier said than done, the situation getting him even more nervous as the days passed making him think stupid things.

After he got that call from the group, telling that their manager had been fired, he hadn't know how to feel. For one he felt relieved, finally calm since he wouldn't have to face the manager when he got to work. He could go to his practices, his performances, everything without having to directly face that man. On the other hand, he was scared of the man being out of the label's hold. This meant that he could find Baekhyun, and do something without worrying about the company getting involved.

Baekhyun shook his head trying to stop thinking about all that and looked as Luhan walked into the living room. The man had been awfully quiet lately and deep in thought. Baekhyun doubted the man remembered anything from the night they talked and that question he asked about their bandmate, so must have been something else bothering him. He had gotten like that right after Baekhyun informed them that Xiumin had called. He had warned them about the manager saying that he knew their weaknesses and that he would get his revenge. He had to be careful.

"Baek, come on" Tao said with a smile, taking his things and walking out of the apartment to wait outside for the others. Baekhyun followed Tao and leaned against a wall when he was outside, grabbing the necklace that hung from his chest and playing with it between his fingers.

"Are you ok Baek?" Tao asked, noticing how worried Baekhyun looked. Baekhyun nodded, not looking at Tao. Tao nodded slowly and looked down for a moment, before his lips to speak.

"Ok guys, let's get going, wouldn't want you three to lose the plane" Luhan smiled, spinning the keys in his finger. Tao gulped and remained silent instead of talking to Baekhyun. He looked at them with a smile and followed after Kris and Chanyeol, Baekhyun following close by.

The car ride for the airport was very quiet, and for some strange reason it was tense. Maybe it was because of Baekhyun's mood that day. He had woken up rather cranky, but they all agreed that he was just anxious for the travel and what would happen.

Baekhyun couldn't sit still in his seat. He continuously tapped his foot against the floor on the car or rubbed his hands together.

"You'll be fine Baek" Chanyeol reassured the shorter man. Baekhyun just looked at him and nodded, before looking at Tao. The taller smiled at him and softly took his hand, giving it a gentle squeeze to reassure him. Baekhyun nodded a little again and sank back on his seat.

They reached the airport soon enough, and Baekhyun just got even more on edge. His hands started to tremble and his heart started to make flips in his chest. His stomach turned upside down and his head felt light.

"Take care Baek, please, if you guys need anything don't doubt in calling ok, please" Kris said with worried eyes. Baekhyun nodded, but his mood got the best of him.

"I can take care of myself" Baekhyun said, a little more harshly that what he intended. He wasn't a baby, he could handle whatever what thrown his way. Kris looked at him taken aback but nodded, turning to Chanyeol and wrapping him in a tight hug.

Luhan neared Baekhyun with a smile and hugged him tightly. He rubbed his back and pulled away.

"Have a safe flight and always remember what I told you" Luhan whispered in Baekhyun's ear, pulling back with a smile. Baekhyun was surprised that the other could even remember that, and he was thankful. His build up anxiousness and the mood however, made him say something he didn't actually meant.

"You should tell that to yourself" Baekhyun said, flinching and closing his eyes, scolding himself repeatedly. He felt sick at this point, he wanted to puke.

"Yeah man, I already do. Now deep breaths, don't let the nerves take the best of you, got it" Luhan smiled, patting Baek's shoulder, completely unfazed by Beakhyun's mood. Baekhyun side smiled and looked at the other.

"Thanks" Baekhyun mumbled, Luhan giving him a large smile in return.

"Don't worry about it, now go" Luhan shooed them off with a smile, stuffing his hands on his pockets. Baekhyun, Tao and Chanyeol walked past security, avoiding the fans that crowded around them, wondering why they were there and together. Once they passed the most crowded area, the fans didn't pester them

Chanyeol went off to get some snacks for the flight, leaving the couple there. Baekhyun started once again rehearsing what he would do, repeating it over and over in his mind. He would step out of the plane with Tao, get in the car, they would go separate ways for the time being, he would get to the company, he would ignore Yixing and anyone who bothered him, he would got to the office of the big boss and-

"Baek I... I want to tell you something quick" Tao called over, looking down at his boyfriend. Baek frowned and nodded once, taking a step forward towards Tao.

"Yeah, what is it?" He asked looking up at his lover, allowing Tao to take his hands into his own.

"Well Baek it's.... It's about the lawsuit" The tanned man said, softly caressing the smaller hands with his thumbs. Baekhyun looked at him and studied Tao carefully, he was nervous.

"Go on" Baek said slowly, his mind and emotions already causing a turmoil within him.

"I.... I really think that if you are going to do it, and if you really want to and are absolutely sure.... You should do it as soon as possible Baek" Tao said carefully, gulping nervously because of how unpredictable Baekhyun had been lately because of the whole situation.

"Wait, are you really pressuring me?" Baek asked in disbelief, ripping his hands away from the taller man’s grasp. Tao looked down at his lover in shock and shook his head quickly.

"What? No! I just think that your safety is in danger and that the more time you take the more you-" Tao tried to explain himself, holding his hands in front of him trying to calm Baek down.

"So now you think I can't take care of myself?! Really Tao?!" The short man snapped, now glaring at the taller.

"No Baek, listen to me! I'm just worried about you, that's all" Tao attempted on reasoning, only for Baekhyun's emotions to get even more fueled and make him think things that even he himself thought were stupid.

"I don't need you worrying Tao, I can worry about me myself, why are you always so god damned clingy and sticking your nose into my business" Baekhyun rose his voice, making Tao shrink back and gulp when some of the people that passed by gave them weird looks.

"Baek... I-I... Could you please at least lower your voice, people are looking at us" Tao whispered, his eyes still looking deep into Baekhyun's.

"Oh! Now you're worried about what others think, should have thought about it before starting this! But that's not really your thing now is it? Thinking before speaking!" Baekhyun accused, pressing a finger against Tao's chest with a glare. Tao gulped, looking worse than a kicked puppy by now.

"I can't believe you do this right before a flight, now we need to be with this atmosphere the whole flight." Baekhyun huffed annoyed. Tao gulped fidgeting lightly and looked down.

"About that Baek.... I won’t be going back with you guys" Tao mumbled. Baekhyun stopped dead in his tracks and looked back up at his boyfriend.

"What did you say? Why?" The older questioned, Tao looking down at the floor nervously. More eyes landed on them as some people even stopped and looked at them.

"I-I... Something came up... And they need me back at L.A so... I-I had to" Tao explained in a slightly shaky voice. Baekhyun pressed his lips into a thin line and nodded.

"Of course, I don't even know why am I even surprised, you always do the same! When you're needed the most, you just walk out on everyone!" Baekhyun glared at Tao angrily, and Tao just looked at him even more hurt, if that was even possible, which apparently was.

"Look, I really tried to change the flight, delay it, anything, but it's kind of a big deal for my new album, please, try to understand" Tao looked at Baekhyun pleadingly.

"You try to understand! Don't you see the situation I am in, everyone hates me, an insane man is harassing me, and I don't even know what I will do! Who knows! Maybe I won’t even file the lawsuit now that the man is not even in the company! Because what good does that do me now?!" Baekhyun shouted flailing his arms with a glare.

"Puppy please-" Tao spoke, his voice just as low and calm, trying to keep their conversation from escalating more than it already had. Baekhyun's hand twitched, and by the time he registered what he was doing, it was too late. He stared wide eyed as the sound of skin hitting skin resounded in his ears.

Tao looked at Baek in shock his eyes watery as his cheek starting to acquire an angry red color. Baekhyun gasped lowly lowering his now trembling hand.

"Taozi I-I, I am so sorry" Baekhyun whispered. A few tears left Tao's eyes as he stared at his boyfriend hurt and shocked. Baekhyun gaped and tried apologizing again, when their flight got called in through the speakers. Tao gulped and stepped back, looking down as he bit his bottom lip.

"I-I... I'm sorry... You're right, you need your space... I don't know what came over me" Tao whispered and smiled sadly at Baekhyun before turning around and walking away with his things, heading for the gate where his flight was assigned to.

Baekhyun gulped staring at Tao's leaving figure. His own eyes started to fill with tears as he grabbed his things. He wanted to run there, stop him and apologize, but his stubbornness made him turn around and walk into the plane. His mind tried to reason with him that maybe it was best to leave it like that, that they both needed some time and that it wasn't a matter of saving his pride.

-

After what seemed to be just some minutes of black nothingness for Suho actually seemed as longer. He slowly opened his eyes with a groan to a blur of lights and a voice talking to him. It sounded as if the voice was drowned by water, slowly clearing as he came back to his senses.

"Hyung! Hyung come on! Look at me!" Yixing's voice called over and over as he lightly patted Junmyeon’s cheek. Suho took a deep breath and got up to a sitting position. He groaned at the pain and dizziness that clouded his mind.

"Easy, easy" Lay said, placing his hand on Suho's back.

"Yeah, I'm ok.... What happened" the leader groaned rubbing his head. He looked around confused, spotting his phone on the floor instead of in his bag.

"I don't know Suho, I was just on my way here when I bumped with our manager.... Or more like former manager. He came from here so I got worried, when I found you here I panicked and tried to get him, he was already gone, Jongdae also came, he went to get some help" Lay explained, helping Suho on the couch. He calmed down when he saw that their leader hadn't been harmed in any life-threatening way and looked at him confused when the older took his phone and looked at it with wide eyes.

"He's going for Baek" Suho said with wide eyes. Lay frowned and looked at Suho, looking up when Chen arrived with an ice pack, a first aid kit and a nurse from the company.

"What do you mean?" He asked taking a look at the phone as well. Suho held his phone and stared at the last thing that had been opened, which was the text message Baekhyun had sent with the date and place of his arrival.

"He is going to get Baek, we need to get the others" Suho said, struggling to get up. They tried to keep him down but the leader wouldn't budge, he just kept pushing foreword to get up. Since it seemed impossible to settle him down Yixing gulped and nodded, helping him get up.

"Ok ok, let's go, careful Hyung" Yixing said, helping Suho steady his footing. The nurse huffed and left the room when it seemed she wasn't needed, leaving them to do what they wanted. Chen grabbed Suho's other arm, helping him from the other side while he recovered his balance, before rushing to get the group.

-

Xiumin brushed his lips with his fingers in deep thought. His eyebrows knitted together as he grabbed his bottom lip between his fingers and softly pulled at it.

The man was so confused at what he was suddenly feeling. He was sad, but he should be devastated. He should be trying to win the forgiveness of his parents, to get back in the family no matter what, but he wasn't. He softly ran his index finger of the other hand around the edge of the empty cup that was in front of him on the table as he settled what he was feeling,

For the first time ever he actually felt free. That morning he had ate a whole box of cookies without thinking that his father would yell at him, it was that extreme. For the first time he didn't care of what they thought, because they had already drawn their move. It was done, they couldn't do anything else to him. For the first time he didn't worry of who he helped, on how he looked, no worries at all.

He even gave himself a time to actually think of his love life and realized... That it made him want to puke. He had never thought of who he should like or when or how. All he had ever thought of was getting his parent’s approval, which ended up in getting him with the most uncomfortable dates in his life. He always got paired with girls his parents approved of, which always were stuck up es that were used to getting whatever they wanted. He had hated every moment of it.

He wasn't exactly wealthy, but he had a decent status and his parents wanted to keep it that way.

His mind also wondered to the people who had made him feel good in his life. He thought of his friends, how they were always with him. Now he was able to help Baekhyun, be there for him and without a single worry. He would be there for the other and anyone else that needed him, now that his parents were out of the equation.

He perked up when Suho slammed the door open with Yixing and Jongdae next to him. He was quick to get on his feet, looking at the others, his eyes scanning Lay instantly.

"We need to go, now" Lay said, motioning for them to get out the door. The rest of the group that was in the room with Xiumin looked at him warily.

"Why?" Jongin asked with his arms crossed and a glare on his eyes.

"The manager knows Baek is arriving today, he knows everything" Suho said. Kai looked at them shocked before locking eyes with Yixing and gritting his teeth. Kyungsoo looked at said man next to Suho in rage and neared him with gritted teeth. He pushed Yixing against a wall and glared at him.

"Why you little! Why do you do this?!! Do you get some kind of pleasure?! Why!" Kyungsoo snarled, slamming him against the wall.

"K-Kyungsoo, wait, I-It wasn't me this time! I swear!" Lay said hurriedly. Kyungsoo's eyebrow’s knitted together before he looked at Junmyeon

"He's telling the truth, we suspect that the manager knocked me out and looked into my phone for any clues as to where he could find Baekhyun… and he found it" Suho said with a sigh. Kyungsoo released Yixing slowly and took a step back.

"Then what are we waiting for?! Come on!" Chen said loudly. Everyone nodded in agreement and in less time that one could count they were heading straight for the airport.