Sanghyuk Fried Egg

VIXX Love-Hate Story

“I’m home..”

Hyuk lazily steps into the dorm. Exhausted both physically and mentally after he finishes the college examination today. No one answered him means that he’s alone.

“hyungs must be busy with other schedule..”

He put his bag onto the couch and looking around to ensure that all of the hyung really aren’t presence in the dorm at this hour. He put his left hand right on the growling stomach.

“I am hungry….” He’s whining as if there’s a single human could hear him.

Since he hadn’t got to take proper breakfast thanks to the hyung who can’t even wake him up on time, luckily he didn’t get suspended from entering the exam hall because of 15 mins late. He took steps into the kitchen to check either they left anything for him to eat, but found none. There’s really no food left. No rice. No chicken or even kimchi. He sighs.

“Should I cook ramen? That is the easiest thing…” Took him 10 minutes in deep thought and he decided to refuse it.

“Ramen is too simple and can’t even fill my stomach though. I should cook something…”

“Remember, don’t touch anything in the kitchen. Unless drinks. Don’t you ever think about cooking”

Hakyeon voice suddenly filled his mind and Hyuk pout. The hyung prohibited him to cook in the dorm because they said he can’t cook and will burned both the food and kitchen if he tries it.

“Tskk..As if they know that would happen” Hyuk smirk.

He reaches his phone in the back pocket of pants and dial up someone. He put the phone near the ears and waiting the other side to pick up. He frowns as the phone failed to be connected. ‘Hongbin hyung must be busy. He rarely ignores my call’. He dials up another number and hoping this person picks it up.

“Shik hyung..please…”

“Urgghhhh” He groan as Wonshik aren’t picking up the phone too.

“Where the hell are all this people? Why no one answer my phone call?” Hyuk pissed off.

He decided to just go with his planned to cook. Doesn’t matter what kind of food will turned out to be, as long as he can fill his growling stomach. Quickly he took steps into the kitchen again and begins to search for raw foods in the fridge. Luckily there’s still few of eggs left. He reaches out them and put it near the sink. He grabs the rice cooker and put 2 scoops of rice and starts to rinse them.

“What should I do with these eggs? Fried? Boil?” Suddenly he confused.

 

Hakyeon mumbles to words that aren’t clear in Taekwoon ears. Currently both of them are on their way to the practice room bringing the lunch for other members. The manager who drove the car ignoring Hakyeon who seems like he cursing someone while holding the phone.

“What did you say Hakyeon?” Taekwoon in the back seat ask.

“Huh?” Hakyeon snapped out from his own world hearing Taekwoon soft voice behind him.

“I ask you, what did you say just now? Who did you called earlier?”

“It’s Hyuk. I can’t reach him. I tried to call him so many times already.” Hakyeon put his phone back into the snapbag.

“Aren’t he’s still in the exam hall?” Taekwoon ask.

“Today’s papers finish an hour earlier. But Hongbin said Hyuk didn’t reach at the practice room yet.. Did you tell him we have lunch there?”

“Yes. I told him eventhough he look so rushing this morning. I am sure he heard me”

“I hope he won’t forgot that or else he’s just heading back to the dorm.. He isn’t taking any breakfast earlier. He must be feels hungry..”

 

“Eh, I got a call from Hyuk 30 mins before..” Wonshik check his phone that currently charged in his studio.

“I put in silent mode no wonder I can’t hear it..” he dial up Hyuk number and waiting for respond but the maknae didn’t answer him.

“Food arrive!!!” Jaehwan loud voice outside startled Wonshik. He rushed towards the voice only seeing both Hakyeon and Taekwoon already there.

“I thought Hyuk will come with you, hyung”

Hakyeon frown. So did Taekwoon.

“He isn’t here yet?” Taekwoon ask to confirm.

Wonshik nodded and tell them that he got a phone call from him.

“Did he just heading to dorm instead? Maybe he forgets that we should gather here today?” Hongbin reasons.

“Okay, you guys eat first, I will check on him..” Hakyeon decides.

“I come with you..” Taekwoon insist.

Both of them leave the others and took steps to their dorm that isn’t far from the company.

 

“DAMN!”

Hyuk quickly turn off the stove when he saw that the eggs he tried to fried got burn and smokes are everywhere in the kitchen. He coughs few times and swaying his hand on the air to chase out the smokes. The frying pan is already half burned and the eggs, no one could even tell that’s actually an egg. Totally burned.

POP! Suddenly a loud sound explode beside him make Hyuk flinch and got away from it.

“I’m screw..If hyungs are coming back, I am sure they gonna freaking mad..”

He look at the rice cooker that half of the body already explode and the lid is open up. The burn smells coming from inside make him frown.

“What the hell this cooker suddenly explodes? What did I do wrong though? I do exactly what Taekwoon hyung did all this time..” He’s annoyed.

“I need to clean this up before they coming back..”

Before he could move, he heard someone pressing the pass code at the door. He rounded his eyes and his heart beat faster. ‘Who is that?’

“Hyuk-ah”

 He heard that voice. The leader voice. Hakyeon hyung! Hyuk stay stills in the kitchen because he couldn’t move his legs anymore. He gives up. His eyes caught up at 2 figures that are standing in front of him now.

“What?!” Hakyeon yells.

 

“What the hell just happen, Han Sanghyuk?!” Hakyeon yells straight to him.

“I..I just..” Hyuk stutters.

“Who give you permission to touch those things?” Taekwoon turn to asked.

Hyuk shaked his head furiously. He just look at Taekwoon that standing near him looking out the whole situation.

“Oh my God! My frying pan is burned!” Taekwoon scream.

“Sanghyuk come here..Now!” Hakyeon instruct in strict tone.

Hyuk took his steps approaching Hakyeon who look so mad.

“Who ask you to cook in the dorm? Didn’t I always told you don’t touch anything unless for drinks…” Hakyeon stare at the maknae that looking down in the floor.

“I am hungry..I just..cook..egg” Hyuk tried to explain.

“Didn’t you hear Taekwoon said come to practice room right after your exam?” Hakyeon frown can’t believe.

“No..”

“Why you always like this Hyuk-ah? Can at least for once you didn’t make a mess? Luckily the kitchen aren’t caught on fire, did you aware of that danger?” Hakyeon mad.

“I just want to eat..But no one was here..” Hyuk defense.

“Then you should go to practice room instead. Why insist to cook?” Taekwoon in and standing beside Hakyeon.

Hyuk feel betray. He thought Taekwoon would be on his side but he just joining Hakyeon to scold him.

“I can’t believe our rice cooker already broke and my frying pan…I used my own money to bought that though..” Taekwoon rolls his eyes and leave the kitchen, annoyed.

“Why did you guys blame me?” Hyuk raise his voice at sudden,

“Because you are at fault” Hakyeon respond.

“I am tired.. and I just want to eat peacefully. But when I call the members, no one answer me..”

“that’s why I decide to cook. I am hungry!!!”

Hyuk yells at Hakyeon feeling piss that they simply blame him but doesn’t want to understand his situation at all.

“Never mind..I will replace all those damage things. Hyung think I can’t afford it? Don’t worry, Taekwoon hyung, I will buy you the most expensive frying pan ever. Satisfied?” Hyuk scream his lung out then he stomping his feet leaving Hakyeon speechless and straight into the room.

 

The other members decide to pack the remaining foods and heading back to dorm. Shock at what happen to their kitchen, they knows why Taekwoon and Hakyeon didn’t coming back to practice room. The walls are burn at the exact same place where the frying pan caught on little fire when Hyuk try to cook. This is why they never let the maknae cook even for ramen because he really can’t cook and was clumsy everytime he did try.

“Hyung, should we ask Hyuk to eat? He hasn’t eat any since morning..” Wonshik ask Hakyeon who is still cleaning the mess at kitchen.

Hakyeon let out sigh upon hearing that. His mixed feeling right now makes his mouth shut. He turned to Wonshik who is still waiting for a reply. Finally Hakyeon nodded lazily.

“Thanks hyung..”

“Where did you want to go, Hyuk?” Hongbin voice from the living room heard.

“Away..It’s not like you guys want me to be here..” Hyuk put on his shoes ignoring the eyes on him.

“Can you stop being childish?” Taekwoon scold.

“Childish? Yeah, I am childish that you guys always pampered me, spoiling me too much that I can’t have freedom. Can’t even voice out my feels. Aren’t giving me chance to learn how to be a grown man.. Childish my ..” Hyuk is ready to leave when someone hold his wrist.

“Who ask you to be rude to hyung?” Hakyeon stare.

“Let go of me..”

“We settle things here. Right here” Hakyeon strict voice shut Hyuk and he drags the maknae back into the living room.

“Is it that hard to apologize?” The leader ask.

“If I am apologizing to you, I still got the blame..Why should I bother..?” Hyuk stare at Hakyeon.

It took 5 minutes that the whole dorm are full of silence. Hakyeon suddenly hug Hyuk making the maknae taken aback. He caresses Hyuk back softly.

“I’m sorry for yelling at you earlier..I didn’t mean it..I was just too shock when I found you in the almost burn kitchen”

Hyuk chokes. He didn’t expect that Hakyeon would hug him and saying sorry when it obviously his fault. He can’t hold his tears anymore.

“I know you are tired this week because of the examination. I know you are hungry..”

“I..” Hyuk sobbing hard and he return back the hug to Hakyeon.

“We are concern over your safety. That’s why we are mad that we found you in that condition. We scared something bad happen..” Taekwoon pats Hyuk head when Hakyeon broke the hug.

“We don’t want to lose you over the fried egg..That isn’t worthy..” Jaehwan remarks suddenly make all of them burst our laughing.

“what’s funny?” He questioning.

“Thanks Jaehwan. You just broke the sad atmosphere now..I feel awkward that we fight over Hyuk burn fried egg and Taekwoon frying pan.” Hakyeon chuckle.

“Hyung..Sorry that I burned your frying pan. I will buy you the new one..I’m promise..”

“Ok, since you insist to buy it, I will wait..Don’t forget that”

“Then, who gonna buy that rice cooker? Don’t you guys know that was manager hyung’s? He might get mad if he found out it was explode” Hongbin speak up.

They end up laughing because no one wanted to respond to Hongbin question as they didn’t want volunteering to replace it. They decide to throw it away as soon as possible before the manager find it out or else they are in trouble. 

That was just a normal life of VIXX at their dorm.