♥ 여섯 ♥

My Life Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The minute I walked through the Cha's patio door, I was met with Chaos. 

Both Mr. and Mrs. Cha had left for the day, and the young ones were running around the house like mad men, trying to get dressed for the day and find their toys.

Shouts and crashes could be heard from upstairs followed by a coarse 'I'm fine.' It sounded like it had come from Joon's room. I had to smile at the welcomed unfamiliarity.

My house was silent this morning because my mom had already left for another important campaign event that I wanted no part of. She left a note and a glass of freshly squeezed OJ. 

Not exactly mom of the year material. 

I needed to get to work stat, Hakyeon nowhere in sight. It was very apparent that help was needed and it was needed quickly.

Opening their freezer, I pulled out two boxes of blueberry waffles, the door shutting automatically as I let go of the handle. I opened the fridge and took out some microwave bacon as well as a carton of liquid eggs. 

Walking over to the pantry, I pulled out the many boxes of cereal, not knowing whose box was whose.

I was noticing a pattern here real quick, however.

Convenience. The breakfast took no time at all to make and there was easily enough for everyone still in the house once I had laid it all out on the semi-cluttered table.

Pulling a stack of plates and cups from the cabinets, I laid out the silverware, and even managed to wash some of the pots and pans from the other day.

Pleased with my handiwork, I rallied the others together.

"Joon, YeWon, YeRim, DongJu! Breakfast!" I walked through the rooms of the house, looking for my little herd.

I spotted DongJu sitting in front of the television, watching a documentary about Dinosaurs in his pajamas. The corners of my mouth twitched and I plopped down next to him, legs crossed. "Do you like documentaries?"

DongJu only nodded, not sparing me a glance from the TV. I gave him a pat on the head. "Breakfast is ready, why don't you come eat, hmm?" 

DongJu finally pulled his attention away from the TV and looked at me. He shook his head. "I want to watch my documentary." I thought to myself for a moment, wondering what I could do to persuade the little child in front of me.

"How about I buy you a new Dinosaur toy if you go sit down at the table and eat nicely." DongJu jumped up. 

"Really?" Holding up my pinky, I gave my word. 

"Okay. YeWon and YeRim are upstairs." He practically ran to the kitchen, grabbing his usual spot at the cluttered table.  I stood up from the floor and walked up the small stairs of the split level.

There was an array of doors on both sides of the hallway. I only knew which room was Hakyeon's, as I'd been in there before, however finding YeWon and YeRim would prove to be a challenge.

Peaking into the open doors on my right and my immediate left I saw empty beds. Nothing. Walking farther down the hallway, two more wooden doors came into view. Gently pushing open one, I let out a little breath in relief at having located the twins room. 

"Ladies, it's time for breakfast! If you don't hurry all the bacon will be gone!" Dropping their dolls in a flash, they all but raced down the stairs.

I had to laugh at their innocence about bacon.

Looking farther down the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter