♥ 다섯 ♥

My Life Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was nothing like watching Baseball.

The fans cheering, the hot dog and beer guys coming around with concessions, screaming at the top of your lungs when Cleveland hits a Home Run, and even the 7th inning stretch! It was one of my favorite parts about the game.

I also got to wear my favorite teams jersey! But, even at the high school level, I was entirely enjoying myself.

Mei, Jackson, and I were all seated in the top row of the home team's bleechers. I was wearing a casual Indians slim fit T-shirt, dark blue jean shorts, and of course my personalized Cleveland Indians converse!

I may have overdone it, but, I can't help it. I just absolutely love baseball. When I'm watching the game, I feel truly happy.

Let me just add, however, that Hakyeon looks mighty fine in those baseball pants. He is everything I look for in a baseball player. He even has his socks showing! The style now a days is to just have the long pants over your socks, but I like it when players show their socks.

Okay that sounded really redundant but you get the point.

I saw the Cha's in the stands as well, near the bottom left row. Mr. & Mrs. Cha were there as well as Joon, the twins, DongJu and of course baby GoEun. I figured DaHae is probably at her job.

I waved to the big family and they all smiled and waved back. It was nice to interact outside of the neighborhood environment, especially without my mother worrying about those types of people.

I noticed some of the looks the Cha's were recieving and it was upsetting to be honest. What did they do wrong? So they like kids and have a big family, there's nothing wrong with that. 

I looked out onto the field and caught the eye of Hakyeon from the team huddle. I smiled and waved, giving him a fighting fist. He smiled and tilted his cap forward, a curt yet appropriate acknowledgement.

His team was ahead by two runs and it was their turn to bat. My full attention was on Hakyeon, much to the knowing chagrin of Mei. Jackson was surprisingly into the game as well.

Apparently his friend, YoungJae, also played for West Port.

"Hakyeon! Fighting! Sa-Rang-Hae!" a loud chorus of korean girls brought me out of my focus and I looked on towards the far right of the bleachers. There were a bunch of asian girls in the student section, holding signs and chanting. 

Hmph. They must be his fangirls. 

I mean, I knew Hakyeon was hot, but to have such a big fanbase? He must be quite the popular at his school.

Leading off the batting order, he popped a high ball into right field, which was easily caught.

As shame, but pop-up's happened quite frequently, even in the majors. The next two batter also met the same fate, and just like that the inning had ended.

It continued as 3 up 3 down, making the game progress faster then it normally would have. 

When the game finally did end,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter