♥ 셋 ♥

My Life Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This was officially uncharted territory.

If you'd asked me yesterday, if I would ever cross the fence the separates the Cha's home from ours, I'd tell you you're crazy. There's no way I'd dare to cross the boundary physically.

I've only ever observed from the sanctuary of my rooftop. I've imagined it countless times, actually getting the balls to hop the fence, but I have never actually acted...until now.

I mean, when Cha Hakyeon extends his hand to you, and invites you to come hang out on a Sunny Saturday morning (while you mother is gone), you certainly don't say no.

Especially when he's only in a cutoff and what appears to be swimming trunks.

A few awkward seconds, an internal debate, and one yes later and I'd found myself lounging on the Cha's dark wooden pool deck, watching Hakyeon and Joon race back and forth in the pool while simultaneously keeping track of the two youngest siblings.

The twins were inside watching TV and I could see them through the patio door screen. I was starting to suspect Hakyeon just needed an extra hand in watching his siblings while he goofed off with his younger brother Joon.

Which was fine, because, I was already completely taken with them. All the Cha's had their own personalities and quirks. A real mish mash of everything my family was not and I absolutely loved it. 

There were two siblings missing, apparently, DaHae was working as a personal care assistant at Bellevue Hospital because she wanted to be a nurse when she graduated. It was commendable and honestly I was jealous that she could so freely pursue her dreams. 

Anywho, so far, I'd gotten along real well with all of N's siblings. DongJu had taken a strong liking to me and the little 6 year old boy was so cute I couldn't get enough of him. 

He loved to talk about history facts and scifi documentaries. To him, apparently, Aliens exist. Then there was the youngest, baby GoEun. GoEun was the most well behaved baby I'd ever seen.

I've been gently rocking her in her cargo carrier beside my lounge chair (she was shaded with a blanket don't worry) and she'd yet to cry or fuss once.  I'd periodically peak down at her and she was just snoozing away, enjoying the gentle summer breeze.

A splash of water drew me out of my thoughts and I turned to see Hakyeon with a knowing twinkle in his eye and a devilish smirk. He slowly crept closer and closer towards the edge of the pool, wading the five and a half foot deep pool.

"Cha Hakyeon don't you even think about it. I'll tell your mom you splashed the baby!" I all but screeched, gesturing towards the peaceful GoEun and the complacent DongJu.

He smiled, slowly at first, then laughed throwing his head back, and I swear it was the most drama-esque scene ever. I felt my heartbeat quicken at the sight before me, it was unnerving. 

Water droplet's fell in slow motion from his hair, dripping down his long, tan, neck and drawing attention to his bobbing adams apple with each laugh. His well built chest and broad shoulders did nothing to subtract from his overall athletic physique. 

I'd been trying really hard not to stare at his very prevalent six pack and was doing a pretty good job of it.

Damn water droplets, the lower they travel the more my eyes want to follow.

When he'd calmed down, he propped his arms up on the deck's edge. "Aww, JiEun you're such a stick in the mud." 

"A dry stick in the mud, mind you." I felt a tap from DongJu, pointing towards the driveway (if you stuck your neck out far enough, you could see the outer edge of their driveway).

"Mom's home! FOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!" The six year old boy practically ran for his life, wanting the first pick of the bunch. I supposed, when you have 7 other siblings, you had to be first to get the good stuff. 

I'd never actually met Mrs. Cha before. I've seen her in passing and had waved, but I've never actually talked to her. For some reason I was feeling a little nervous.

By now Hakyeon had gotten out of the pool to dry off and was currently rubbing a fluffy blue towel over his hair. His tan arms flexed with each movement and the boy looked good. Damn go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter