♥ 일곱 ♥

My Life Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wanted to die.

I always hated going to my mother's political events. The fake smiles, polite small talk, and stuffy atmosphere was most unbearable. I swirled the sparkling grape juice in my "wine" glass staring lazily at the long line of people my mother still needed to talk to.  

Shoot me now. I'd much rather be with the Cha's. 

"You must be miss Jieun. I've heard a lot about you from your mother." the voice of an old man pulled me from my musings and I felt my chest tighten at the prospect of having to make small talk with people I could care less about.

"Ah yes. You're Mr. Stonerock, right? I've also heard good things about you." The old man laughs pleasantly, his wife also playing along. It was all so fake I wanted to hurl. 

"Your mother is quite a piece of work. I think her re-election will go swimmingly. Don't you think so?" I wanted to say no. Tell him all the horrible things my mother puts the family through, but instead I practiced bullting.

"My mother is definitely a strong candidate. I admire her so much and I'm so proud of her. I can't wait to see what she does for another term." The man clinked wine glasses with me and went on his way after that. 

I walked out onto the balcony, trying to escape the stuffy atmosphere. I felt a presence next to me on the left side of the railing. I rolled my eyes when I saw who it was.

"What could you possibly have to talk to me about, Tommy?" Tommy smirked, twirling his own grape juice around in his glass. Tommy was the son of my mothers opposition and he was also the biggest on the planet. 

Soft blonde hair, blue eyes, tan skin, sharp jaw, incredibly tall and had a nice body to boot. Typical jock rolled into one. And my ex for all of five minutes, but, that's another story.

"Now now JiEun no need to be so hostile. I'm just coming to say hello." I swear my smirk must have been farel.

"So which did you bring along with you this time?" 

"Still bitter, I see." I had to grip the railing to keep from smacking him upside the head.

"Still an , I see. I'm going back inside." Tommy clicked his tongue.

"You've been hanging around with that Cha boy lately, haven't you? I'd be careful if I were you. A family like his is never good news." 

I swear, I've never gotten so red in my entire life. Spinning on my heel rapidly, I all but stormed up to Tommy, my face inches from his.

"Hakyeon is nothing to worry yourself over. I choose to hang out with Hakyeon and his family is wonderful! I love being around the Cha's. If you know what's good for you, you'll leave me alone before I really do something I'll regret."

A retort full of snark. "Ahh, it seems just like yesterday we were making out in the bed of my pickup truck, listening to Sam Hunt and sneaking 40's. Shame it didn't last."

The nerve. I coldly turned away. "Goodbye, Tommy."

Hakyeon's POV

I miss JiEun.

It's pathetic, I know, but I never realized how boring it was watching my siblings without her. The Yoo's house was completely dark and devoid of life.

No one was home and it didn't seem like they would be home anytime soon, as it was already half past eleven. My parents were out on a date night, one of the rare few they get to have. 

With my dad running the hardware store and my mom raising eight kids it really leaves very little time for romance, I suppose.

So I volunteered to babysit and here I am, I'm lying in the dark, in my bedroom, absolutely bored.

I wonder when JiEun became such a constant presence in my life. I never noticed it until now.  It seemed odd not having her around, even though it hadn't been very long since she actually started to come around, but all the same I find myself missing her when she's not around and extremely happy when she is.

I pulled out my cellphone and pulled up her contact info. Should I text her? I don't want to bother her, but at the same time I really want to talk to her.

I bit my lip and hit send. There, I did it. I sent the first text.

Not even thirty seconds later, a ding on my cellphone alerted me of her reply. 

'SOS. My mother's political events are so boring. Be my knight? '

I smiled so wide, I swear I felt my heart skip a few beats. I felt so giddy, like a little school girl. It was embarassing.

'Why, is this begging I see? >:)'

'Hakyyyyyy pleaseeeeee (>^_^)>  <---- See I'm reaching for you,'

God she's adorable.

'I'm home alone. Well, not entirely because I'm babysitting, but my pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter