Take Me With You

Picturesque

 

I recommend for you to listen to Ubran Zakapa as you read this! 🐰🐻💕

 

 

 

 

 

"To me, you, who is so warm and smells so beautiful"

- Urban Zakapa, Coffee

 

***

 

Honestly, Irene was never a fan of ending stages and Seulgi knew that. 

 

The amount of people on the stage makes the leader a little anxious about losing all her other rather petite members, especially when the youngest is a well-known social butterfly who flies everywhere upon seeing the other girl groups. 

 

She simply doesn’t like to be alone in the midst of many other idols who are generally much younger than her. 

 

And then there are the fireworks

 

Regardless of how Irene prepares herself for it, she was always getting caught off guard. 

 

If there was anything that makes her feel a little better, it would be the chance to see the reveluvs who waved their light sticks and balloons hard, making her feel a little closer to them. 

 

Each having a flag in hand, they hurdled up as the ending song resounding through the stadium of Dream Concert, mingled with the echo of fans’ screams.

 

Watching Irene’s expression turned worrisome, Seulgi slid herself through the tiny space, circling her arm around the shoulder carefully.

 

She merely hovered her hand gently, but soon rested protectively around the small frame.

 

Irene was a little too occupied in her thoughts, wondering when the fireworks were launching that it took her a moment to realise the close proximity between Seulgi and her. 

 

She may have never openly admit it; she really liked the height difference of themselves.

 

Seulgi was just tall enough to make her feel safe and sheltered whenever they stood together, and it was needless to say that it felt incredibly comfortable to be wrapped in the long arm, feeling the warmth emitting from Seulgi. 

 

Before she could even look at Seulgi, the fireworks went off loud and sudden as goosebumps rose across her arms beneath her sleeves, her mind paralysed at the crackling noises. 

 

Seulgi was just standing there, amazed by the booming in the air while her members were ducking around into each other’s protection until another louder boom came along and shook her out of her daze. 

 

Irene may be three years older, and she may be the leader who holds much authorities, but none of that stopped Seulgi from garnering the will to become Irene’s sense of security, urge to protect her strong and burning. 

 

Irene could sense all the movements around her as idols began to parade around the stage and she just couldn’t bring herself to move along with her limbs weak from the deafening explosion.

 

“Unnie?”

 

It wasn’t even a second before that she was standing vulnerable in the crowd and the next, she was leaning against Seulgi’s chest, soft touches resting on her waist, a sweet scent conquering her senses. 

 

The gentle caress relaxed her tensed nerves, her heart blooming together with the fireworks at the thoughtful hug initiated by her member who supposedly, was not used to. 

 

“Unnie, are you okay?”

 

Seulgi laughed as she watched Irene shook the residues of whatever sparkles or dust out of her hair just like how a puppy would shake itself dry after a shower, heart full of adoration. 

 

Like unlike poles of two magnets, Irene automatically laced their fingers together when Seulgi reached out to take her hand delicately, guiding her to join the parade of the night. 

 

“Don’t go too fast, Seul..”

 

Irene was still slightly deranged as she tried to match her pace.

 

"Take me with you."

 

It would be a lie if Seulgi denied that her heart melted upon the cutest request, and she complied by once again curling her arm around the waist so they could walk side by side. 

 

It wasn’t just her heart that was in joy but also Irene’s as she enjoyed this warmth by her side, this scent of security as they weaved through the human traffic to join their members who were way ahead of them. 

 

In the midst of waving and smiling while greeting fans and other performers, Seulgi never let her tiny leader out of sight, hands constantly stretched backwards to pull Irene to her side whenever the latter fell back. 

 

When they finally made it back to their changing room, Seulgi giggled inwardly at their still intertwined hands. 

 

“Unnie,”

 

Seulgi smiled lightly.

 

“Are you still scared?”

 

Irene clinched their hands tightly, mirroring the grin when Seulgi did the same.

 

“Not anymore,” She shook her head. “Not when you are with me.” 

 

***

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Seems like I only update this story once a month or more, don't I? #guilty

Drop me a comment to let me know what more do you like to read! 😊

I hope this light story will help you start July on a good/better note as we prepare ourselves for #THEREDSUMMER 🍉🍍🍊🥝🍇

This will be their first comeback with us as REVELUVS so let's give them our 100% so we can hear them call us on stage during their wins! 🌈

Till the next time (which might be sooner than usual), let's all enjoy the RED FLAVOUR 💖💛💙💚💜