My Number One

Picturesque

 

 

***

 

“When was the last time we came out like this, carefree and all?”

 

Seulgi brought up their intertwined hands to run her lips gently on the slender fingers of her girlfriend's as the latter leaned against her shoulder. 

 

“School had me tied down for quite a bit, didn’t it?” 

 

Seulgi nodded with a pout, to which Irene giggled to.

 

“I’m all yours now, through the summer break.” 

 

“You better be prepared to face me 24/7.”

 

Irene’s legs were jelly-liked upon the kiss on her forehead, heart light with ease but filled with happiness. 

 

If it wasn’t for her girlfriend, she wouldn’t know how to last through her college semesters. 

 

She leaned deeper into the embrace to feel the entireness of Seulgi, to feel the reliability of her girlfriend and let the tips of gravitated upwards to form a contented smile. 

 

They stopped in the middle of the mall where a large crowd gathered beneath a stage.

 

Sticking her neck out like a giraffe, Seulgi got a glimpse of what was happening.

 

“Looks like they are promoting a music game launched under SM company.”

 

Irene made an amused expression, impressed that her favourite singer’s company had developed into the gaming industry too.  

 

“We are looking for volunteers who would win attractive prizes; tickets to BoA’s upcoming concert!”

 

That was the moment when the couple shot glances at each other, Irene’s eyes twinkling with envious. 

 

She had always looked up to the all-rounder performer since the tender age of 16, the strength of her younger schooling days. 

 

But she could only sigh as she resigned to fate, because she was nowhere near a pro-gamer to beat the other contestants on stage.

 

“Wait for me here.”

 

Before Irene could even gasp at the occurrence, Seulgi’s receding back was all that she saw, jogging towards the stage in no time.

 

Seulgi’s shy nature had always been obvious but there the younger girl was, standing on stage, about to compete with the rest under the watch of a rather huge crowd. 

 

The butterflies in Irene’s stomach made her felt like she was the one under the spotlight instead, her sight unwavering from Seulgi who at that instant, looked so incredibly charming. 

 

Like the avid gamer she had always been, it was almost effortless for Seulgi to earn herself a spot in the final round of three. 

 

There was a short interview with the host of the game, which Seulgi was dreading because she wasn’t good with words as her turn inched closer. 

 

“So are you also an avid fan of BoA like the other contestants?”

 

After a brief introduction of herself, she could already feel the heat burning on her cheeks. She scanned the area for the one who she was looking for and when she did, her fast beating heart eased down a little. 

 

Irene flashed her the greatest, proudest grin, willing her to be more determined to win the prize. 

 

“I’m..” She stuttered a little but not without a smile. “I’m playing for someone, my only one.”

 

The crowd cheered at her witty use of BoA’s song title and when she thought she couldn’t be anymore redder than she already was, the host along with the crowd, asked for her to bring her only one on stage. 

 

The slightest bit of hesitation in Irene burned into ashes when Seulgi mouthed,

 

“Come to me.”

 

She was made to sit beside Seulgi as the game commenced once again and she couldn’t help but to watch the tensed features of her girlfriend than to focus on the process.

 

Neat brows furrowed, monolid eyes squinted with full concentration, nose wrinkling a little as if Seulgi was holding her breath. 

 

Irene swallowed when her gaze traced towards the lips, slightly ajar. 

 

Competitiveness was almost Irene’s middle name, yet the results no longer matter to her anymore. 

 

There was absolutely no concerns over the outcome from the moment she saw beyond the concentration of Seulgi’s eyes;

 

Love. 

 

Seulgi was doing this because she loved Irene.

 

Conquering the rounds while tackling with the nervousness engulfing her on the inside, Seulgi was giving her utmost effort to win something for Irene. 

 

Little did Seulgi know, her attempt had already won herself Irene’s appreciative heart. 

 

“I can’t believe I missed the last beat!” 

 

An exclaim shook Irene out of her thoughts and a sulking Seulgi earned a chuckle. 

 

“You did great, Seul. Thank you for trying for me.”

 

Seulgi scowled. 

 

“But I’m only second in place..” 

 

Irene leaned forward onto the table to look into the pair of glistening eyes.

 

“Baby, look at me.” 

 

Playfully, the latter tucked her face closely to her girlfriend’s.

 

“Yes, my baby?” 

 

Irene held their loving gaze for a moment longer before she spoke again, hand pointing to her chest where her heart laid beneath. 

 

“You are already my number one.” 

 

***

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

This picture of SeulRene is one of the most heart fluttering moments 💖💛

If you have watched fancams of SeulRene during this event, sigh, your shipper heart will be so filled with happiness~

Also, Irene's teasers were released literally just minutes ago! 

Do support their upcoming comeback and let us enjoy it to the fullest! 💖💛💙💚💜

Not many people leave/left comments for this so I'm not sure how this kind of writing style is being received....

So if it's not too much to ask for, do drop me a comment! 😊 #대댕큐