Roommate Again

Picturesque

 

 

 

***

 

The clock read 2AM when Seulgi was already awaking to the deafening silence of the hotel room, stretching her long body wrapped warmly beneath the thick blankets. 

 

Must be the jet-lag, she thought as her eyes blinked repeatedly to adjust to the surrounding. 

 

It wasn't until she took a deep breath before a sweet scent was detected. Turning to the source of the fragrance, she could only see the crown of a petite figure snuggled under the same cover as her. 

 

It dawned upon Seulgi that she was rooming with Irene this time round; rare and very much appreciated. 

 

Tucking an arm under her head, she laid on the side to watch the sleeping face that was slightly covered with the falling fringe. 

 

Softly, she reached out to tuck them away behind the ear, Irene's sharp features coming to sight in the dimmed room. 

 

The brows were neat and the lashes were long, the nose bridge perfectly angled with the pair of soft-looking lips mildly ajar, quiet breathing heard upon each exhaling. 

 

Unknowingly, Seulgi matched her breathing pace against Irene's as she noticed how the tiny body raised lightly once in awhile. The tips of her lips defied gravity to form a comforting smile, glad that she was once again sharing a bed with the leader who had her own room back in Korea. 

 

Butterflies conquered her stomach as memories surged through her head, images of their trainee days came back in mind. 

 

Those stormy nights when she would wake to a warmth joining her on the small bed, cradling deep into her neck, as if she could be the protector against all night evils. 

 

Seulgi blame the fatigue that controlled her body back then because she would fall asleep almost instantly again once Irene settled down with her, missing years' worth of chances to admire the beauty that she was so customised to. 

 

At times, she couldn't even look into Irene's eyes for too long. 

 

Quoting Wendy, her actual roommate back in Korea, look long into the eyes of Bae Joohyun and be prepared to surrender your heart. 

 

But she was no longer the teen back then and neither was Irene just Bae Joohyun anymore. 

 

Boldly, she let the darkness masked the bliss on her face as she traced the features with her slender fingers, starting from the brows that tightened slightly when the trail began. 

 

The peacefulness that Irene emitted engulfed Seulgi's entireness, her body light and her heart calmed. 

 

There was a soft hum before Irene stirred against the lingering touches but she quickly regained serenity when Seulgi cooed,

 

"It's okay, I'm here."

 

In all honesty, Seulgi had temporarily forgotten that a baby figure like the sleeping Irene was in fact three years older than her. 

 

If jet-lag meant that she could watch Irene's angelic face, she wouldn't call it a suffering.

 

When her traces finally reached the corner of the lips, she paused. 

 

There was an undeniable force attracting Seulgi as she leaned closer and closer, until their faces were only inches apart. 

 

The scent was more prominent than it already was, Seulgi's heart fluttered at each breath she took. 

 

It was no news that Irene was a beauty, but looking at her up close made Seulgi felt like she was looking at Aphrodite. 

 

When she finally decided to make a move to close the gap, she chose to press her lips on the forehead. 

 

She let her kiss stayed longer than she was wanting to, desire obviously stronger than she knew. 

 

Her fingers brushed into the long silky hair of Irene's, thumb lightly caressing the cheek as she withdrew to look at her leader, before moving in to kiss the tip of the nose. 

 

The atmosphere was so alarmingly comfortable that Seulgi wished for time to stop permanently. 

 

The only thing that stopped for a second was her heart when Irene dawdled her face against Seulgi's touches, lips parting to let out a yawn before rubbing her doe eyes. 

 

The adorable sight eased Seulgi's heart instantly and she harboured no intention to widen their proximity. 

 

Irene finally looked into Seulgi's eyes with a perplex face, letting the effect of jet lag slowly overtaking her. 

 

She pouted, to which Seulgi wore a loving smile. 

 

"Jet lag?"

 

The pinch of sleepiness evident in Irene's whisper. Seulgi nodded before Irene closed her eyes again, this time taking the initiative to cuddle closer into the embrace of the younger girl.

 

Carefully, Seulgi rested her hand on Irene's back, fondling with much care. 

 

This time round, Irene was the one who reached for Seulgi's monolid eyes, brushing in downwards motion as if to tell Seulgi to shut her eyes too. 

 

"Let's get a little more sleep before we go find the kids." 

 

Resting her chin on top of Irene's head, the small frame in her hold, Seulgi knew that the latter was still trying to return to dreamland. 

 

"Unnie?"

 

"Hmm?"

 

Seulgi held Irene even closer. 

 

"You are so small."

 

She could hear a quick snicker that came with a nod and a pat on her . 

 

"That's because my little bear has grown so much since we first met." 

 

Many people around her nicknamed her bear but when Irene called her "little bear", it tickled her on the inside in a good way. 

 

She could feel Irene's body slowly relaxing entirely into her arms, a sign that the latter was about to fall back asleep in no time.

 

Feeling the most courageous through the night, Seulgi pecked Irene's ear, to which Irene ghosted a smile. 

 

"I like being your roommate again, Unnie."

 

***

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: 

It has been awhile isn't it? 😊

The views and comments for this story has been really slow so I'm considering to stop it soon...

But anyway,

Happy SeulRene Day 🐰💖🐻💛

Please support Joy every Monday and Tuesday for her drama, The Liar & His Lover! 💚