Forever, Maybe

Picturesque

 

 

 

***

 

Seulgi sighed inwardly for the Nth time as she got her makeup done for the shoot they were about to do, eyes unable to control but constantly taking peeks at the girl beside her through the mirror. 

 

Honestly, there was nothing hard about magazine photoshoots, especially when Seulgi has been doing it since her pre-debut days. There was also nothing new about being paired up with her leader whenever such jobs were scheduled for them, especially when it has been a thing since their pre-debut days too.

 

Everything with Irene has been pretty peaceful for the pure minded bear in a human form until she overheard the conversation between Wendy and the eldest. 

 

When they first returned from their overseas schedule, she realised that Irene who would usually be by her side was nowhere to be found. Scanning the almost empty area it didn't take her too much effort to see Irene comfortably cuddled up against Wendy with a pouty face. 

 

“Why does our Seungwan have such a warm heart but cold body?” 

 

“I’m sorry~” 

 

Seulgi almost smiled at Wendy’s perfect English when the continuation got her heart dropping a little. 

 

“You know Seulgi is the warmer one between us right?” 

 

“You also know that Seulgi isn’t accustomed to skinship right?” 

 

The little sad smile on Irene’s face became a pinch on Seulgi’s heart. 

 

“An inch I take forward is another inch that she takes backwards.” 

 

Her actions were probably just an automatic reaction that she didn’t really take note of and it wasn’t that she was trying to avoid Irene.

 

If anything, Irene was somebody who she looked up to a lot since they first met when she was just a teen. 

 

The “boundary” that she unknowingly set was just out of pure respect but it came across wrongly to Irene and that…

 

Pained her heart. 

 

So there she was in the studio with Irene, determined to let things changed for the better. 

 

Shoulder to shoulder when the photoshoot began, Seulgi’s heart fluttered hard. 

 

Their fingertips brushing against each other, the breeze blowing softly and Irene’s sweet scent kept lingering around, tickling Seulgi on the inside. 

 

She was hesitating if she should interlock their hands, but it seemed like Irene preferred to gently wrap her touch around Seulgi’s wrist instead. 

 

The lack of opportunities made Seulgi realised how much ready-chances she had let slipped, her mind fully occupied while the staffs changed the set. 

 

“Did you leave your soul at home?” 

 

When her sight focused back to what was before her eyes, Irene was staring back at her with an unamused face. Her lips parted as if to explain herself, though nothing came out. 

 

Instead, she started to crack her knuckles, completely forgetting that her habit would trigger Irene’s nerves until a small hand cupped over hers. 

 

“Seulgi, how many more years do I have to do this?”

 

Forever, maybe; Seulgi almost answered out of cheekiness. 

 

“Sorry, old habits die hard.” 

 

Having such encounters for too many times to count, Irene wasn’t impressed at the excuse that her member gave, just side-eyeing disapprovingly, ready to leave for the next frame when a resistance held her back. 

 

“Wait, wait..” 

 

Seulgi blinked once, then twice, looking back and fro between Irene and the hand that she clutched onto tightly out of the sudden. She was clueless where she found the courage to let their fingers lace but the next moment she knew, she was smiling at her surprised leader. 

 

“Hold my hand so I wouldn’t crack my knuckles anymore.” 

 

Before Irene could even respond, she pulled the latter to get into position for their next shot, making herself comfortable by nuzzling into the crook of Irene’s neck, trapping Irene in her embrace. 

 

“Don’t you want to move now?”

 

“No.” 

 

The set finished faster than Seulgi liked, but there was no intention to disrupt this serenity. The original over-accelerating heartbeat tuned down to a relieving pace, as if Irene’s touches had magical effects to calm her down. 

 

“You are too comfortable for me to move away.” 

 

She wasn't sure if Irene could feel her effect in trying to be more affectionate, but she was sure liking this change and she was pretty sure she would make the effort to keep up with it. 

 

“Are you trying to be coquettish with me now?”

 

Seulgi closed her eyes, resting her head on the shoulder and nodded. When a soft pat caress across her cheek, it drew a grin across her face. 

 

“How long should we stay like this then?” 

 

Seulgi kept quiet after shrugging even though an answer was already born in her heart.

 

Forever, maybe.

 

***

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Haven't I been gone for a little long..? 😭

Over the 2 months many things got me so occupied but I was blessed enough to meet the girls twice in KL; 

I would like to shoutout to Mena for the latest trip, Taengyaa for giving out cute photocards if you both see this! 😊🙆🏻

Last but not least, Jazz (@SeulreneQ23) for this picture! 🐰🐻💕

It finally got me writing again but sorry for taking so long! 

This series has been too forgotten but I somehow still like the idea of writing stories accordingly to pictures so if you can and would like to, do send me your favourite SeulRene moments either through a link here to my inbox or tweet the photo to me! 

Till then, may we all have the ship sailing 💖💛

PS: Selamat Berpuasa to every Muslim Reveluvs out there! ✨