Here With Me

Picturesque

 

 

 

 

***

 

Before they knew, they were attending the first year end count down ceremony together.

 

During their trainee days, attendance at award shows like such was just a dream that they shared. To be able to stand on a grand stage that they could only once watched on the television felt incredible. 

 

There was something about the entire atmosphere that made Seulgi's heart pumped furiously against her chest. She was with her members but there was a particular one who she wanted to share her feelings with the most.

 

Staring at the back view of the girl shorter than she was, there was an unknown force attracting her to inch closer. 

 

It had only been so long since they debuted and it was still a habit to forget that Joohyun was better known as Irene then. 

 

She watched on as Irene was smiling and laughing at something Wendy said, heart full of adoration. 

 

Her sight darted between Irene and the fans who were waving enthusiastically towards them, unable to digest this euphoria that was engulfing every bit of her cells. 

 

If it wasn’t for Ire- Joohyun, she might have never been able to stand there on stage. 

 

There was countless times when she harboured the thought to quit training life because of her vocal issue back then as she sobbed alone in the dark recording studio in the middle of the night. 

 

Joohyun would search high and low for her when she didn’t turn up for their dance practice and when she found Seulgi, she would just sit quietly by Seulgi’s side, comforting her by just being there.  

 

When Seulgi finally stopped her cries, then Joohyun would pat her gently on the back and brought her out to have a bowl of hot cabbage soup. 

 

“Drink up and go home to have a good night sleep. Tomorrow will be a better day.” 

 

Seulgi smiled fondly at the thought of their trainee days. Attending a year end count down show was also a dream that they shared over a bowl of hot cabbage soup. 

 

“Someday you will get there.” 

 

Joohyun always told her that and in return she would ask,

 

“Will you be there with me, Unnie?” 

 

To which, Joohyun had always only gave an ambiguous answer of, “Maybe.” 

 

Irene turned around when she heard a soft, contented sigh and grinned when Seulgi approached her from the back, hands slipping into hers. 

 

“I’m so happy to be here.”

 

Irene chuckled.

 

“Haven’t I told you that you will get here someday?” 

 

“Unnie,”

 

Seulgi gave a light squeeze on their intertwined hands.

 

“I’m even happier that you are here with me.” 

 

***

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I don't know how everyone would like this kind of short writings based on pictures, 

so it would be nice to hear some feedbacks from you all! Drop me a comment to let me know what you think! 😊

There are more pictures that I received on Twitter and these 3 are just the beginning.

Heads up; so far it had been based on what it might have been in real life for SeulRene (minus the ambiguous love)

but in the coming short stories, it could be based on an AU that I feel may suit the pictures better. 

Either way, I hope you will enjoy this writing style and a quick shot of SeulRene every now and then. 

Till the next time! 💖💛