Chapter 2

Pretty faces and ugly thoughts

The driver mumbles something about me not having to pay them for the ride. This only hurts more, I dropped the only person who loved me because of my past, the only person who pulled me out of my worst times, who gave me a reason to actually smile, to actually laugh, not because I would get paid in the end, but because it make me happy, he made me appreciate myself, made me think i was worth something, he loved me, ME, not my body like most of the people in my past, but my personality, my flaws, and I will always love him for that, always, I look up from my hands, "Forget me, please, I'll only bring you pain, never happiness, only struggles and work that isn't worth it in the end, please forget me and move on, that's all I ask." I whimper, lowering my face back into my hands. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walk into JFK, my favorite airport, and Alyesha (almost) completely leaves my mind. This is my airport, the one where I escaped, started anew, and I'm planning on doing that again. I pull out the ticket I printed, I rolled a dice and chose that country, and the country I was going to was Peru, I love Peru, it's pretty and has a nice climate. I dont know how long I'm going to stay here, as long as I need to. I sling my carry on over my shoulder and pull my small suitcase onto the long journey to my terminal, I stop suddenly, and take in my surrounding, I take a deep breath, " You ready María?" I whisper to myself, in my head I reply, yes, always have been, and my journey begins.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I step onto the plane and head towards business class, those tickets are the easiest to hack, a blonde flight attendant greets me, the bags under her yes extreme and her lipstick smeared, and let's not even start on the eyeliner, "You are out only business passenger, so makes yourself at home." I smile and reply," I'll be fine, go get some rest." She shakes he head but I keep pushing," If I see your pretty face over here or helping out, I will make a huge announcement." I say, my face serious, she blushes and says,"Thank you," and rushes of to the flight attendants place. I put my carry on in the over head bin and slide my luggage under the seat in front of me, pulling my earbuds out of my pocket. I unlock my phone and put on my mellow playlist, some k/j/mando-pop calming songs with piano accompaniment. My favorite. My hard expression fades into my relaxed face, that I never show anyone, so I won't get take advantage of again. I hum to the music and enjoy the vocals.