Chapter 5

Pretty faces and ugly thoughts

He decides to sit by me for the landing, and I decide to ask for his name, "So, Prince Charming, what's you're name?" I lean over to him. "He looks away from his window and at me, eyes flickering down to my lips, "Lance." Ha says blankly, I smile, "Lance," I repeat. He nods,"Who are you?" I smile, "Maria, just Maria, no fancy stuff added." Ha grabs my hand and kisses it, maintains contact with my eyes, which makes me go crazy with lust, but I just push him away, smiling.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I didn't know what to do when we landed, but Lance seemed to have figured it all out, he told me to wait by my terminal, terminal 3, and stall as long as I can, and if we don't meet up there, then we'll meet at a small café called 'La Chica Guapa' I shrugged and said sure, exchanging numbers with him, at first I decided to run off, but then I remembered that even could probably track my pretty easily, so did as I was told. I waited at my terminal, and waited, and waited, for what felt like forever until I saw Lance running to me from a distance, the attendant looks really inpatient, "You need to hurry dear, people are in line." She says in a slight accent, "Mhm." I nod pretending to look through my bag for my passport, and by the time I get them out of the right spot (my hand) Lance is beside me. The attendant looks confused but more angry at me taking forever, so i hand her my ticket and passport and she lets me go. I wait for Lance and we head out. My ears are going insane, I can barely hear anything, but I'm used to this, its mid afternoon here, and the weather is really nice. I take in a deep breath, Alyesha would've preferred to stay at the mountains, I think, reality hitting me hard, you will never see him again, l bite my lip in an attempt to stop the tears forming in my eyes. The only person that could ever make me think about them every moment of my life was my childhood crush, oh god what was his name even? I was in Korea at that time, and I fell pretty hard for him,  as did every other girl in Seoul, I mean, who could help themselves? He was fine as hell, with his sharp jawline and cheekbones, Kim Jongmyeon, yeah that was his name, I still shiver when I think of him, I was 13 when I showed up at the school, my hair messily tied in a topknot, the first 3 buttons of my uniform were undone, and my skirt was crumpled, converse perfectly dirty, and I had a hastily put on coat of mascara, with all of the running I was doing, my eyes  had a smoky tinge to them, and when I walked in some guys wolf whistled, I ignored them along with the death stares from girls, I was also tall, 5'6", that's tall in Korea for girls, I have no ethnicity, and that caused a lot of rumors, but I didn't care, I'll probably move in a couple of months anyway, no use in making friends, I thought, well I was never so wrong in my whole entire life. The teacher assigned me to the only open seat in the class, next to jongmyeon, he winked at me, but I ignored him, again along with the stairs I got from the fellow females in the room, "Hi, I'm Mary." I said, monotone, he looks up, blinking, "How do you have such good Korean if you're foreign?" He asks, amused. I shrug, pulling out some textbooks, "Languages are my only strength, I at everything else." I shrug, not knowing where else to lead the conversation, some girls come up to my desk and take my arm, "Let's go have a little conversation in the hallway, shall we?" An obviously jealous girl says, a couple of girls stand behind her with their hands on their hips. "No thanks, I don't want to skip anything important." I say, taking her hand off my arm, the girl seems surprised, and her face shows no signs of defeat, "But it's tradition." She hisses, l already want to but this back in her place, "Tradition? Honey I break those every day, don't think that today will be any different." I say, going back to my textbooks, she's angry, you'd have to be blind not to notice, I see others move if their heads in, giving us their attention, great, more rumors for me to deal with later on. I think rolling my eyes, the girl says something, l look up,"Hm?" I say, trying not to look too annoyed, "l said you're not the first one to try to break our tradition." She says and pushes all of my stuff into the floor, and in that moment, the teacher walks in, "Jakbi! How many times do I have to send you to the principles office to get it through your think skull that you do not bully anyone in this class." He says and shoos her out of the classroom, I get out of my seat to pick my stuff up, and I see another person get down to help me, I look over and see Jongmyeon, and I notice his flawless features, but show no signs of seeing them, because that never leads to any good, guys knowing you think they're attractive, they'll make it 50 times more embarrassing than it has to be.  He looks over at me and blushes, l realize that I look so different compared to all of the other girls here, I look, well, like a New Yorker in Korean clothes, you could see the New York aura oozing off of me, the way I swiftly handled that girl, who's name isn't even worth remembering, and already have a guy falling for me, I smile a little, and his cheeks go even more red, "Thanks." I say, bowing my head, "Awwww," I hear, and my cheeks go a slight pink, along with Jongmyeons. That's how we met and how I fell for him is a long story l don't feel like explaining right now.