Chapter 7

Pretty faces and ugly thoughts

Damn, that's what went through my head when Maria started humming to the piano part in the beginning, that girl had a voice like his Mary, and then when she was pulled into the stage, he noticed how she resembled Mary, same hair,same smile, same flawless neckline, same dimples, same flawless figure, her figure is muscular yet fragile, "We sailed on together, we drifted apart, and here you are by my side." She sings, her voice perfectly playing the role of a hurt lover, she takes a deep breath, "So now I come to you, with open arms, nothing to hide, believe what I say," she subconsciously closes her eyes and then I see it, the sweet little angel that I fell for all those years ago, that puts others before herself, gives every person she meets her everything, always laughs and smiles, always cares, always as there for everyone, as arpeggios one of the notes and l notice how fragile she really is, putting up her façades so she doesn't hurt people,"But now that you've come back, turned night into day, I need you to stay." She plays with the chord, and I realize how this song fits my thoughts, "So now I come to you, with open arms, nothing to hide, believe what I say, so here I am, with open arms, hoping you'll see, what your love means to me." She takes a breath, "Open arms." She finishes, playing with the chord, how can someone's voice sound so beautiful, there is silence for a split second, then the crowd erupts into rounds of applauses and whistles, she bows her head and scurries up to me, "Did you like it?" She says, as I have to use all of my energetic to restrain myself from kissing her perfect lips, "Yes, anything you do is perfect to me." She blushes.