Chapter 8

Pretty faces and ugly thoughts

Awwww, perfect to me, I think sweetly, then I snap to my senses, be can't fall for me, I'll only hurt him, "I'm hungry, let's go eat." I stall pulling him towards someone selling food. He gets some fancy burrito thing and I get a taco sandwich thing, it was so good, I can't believe how good all of the food is here. We go to a park and sit down at a bench, some kids in front of us are playing, I lean my head on his shoulder subconsciously, then I realize what I've done and lift it up, but he only pushes it back down, you can't do this to me, I'll only hurt you, I'm only here to please people, I think, gritting my teeth, we look at the street, it's pretty, lights and music, he plays with my hand, I try to pull away but he only holds on tighter, "You're mine, remember?" He says, not meeting my eyes, i grunt, oh yeah, that. Part of me is hurt, I though he liked me, but I guess he's just like everyone else, liking my body, not me. "Want to go home?" He says, getting up, I stand up too, "Sure." I say, bummed from who I'm here. We get into the house and everything is perfect.There was one big problem though, only one bedroom. I certainly did not want to sleep with Lance, yes he's hot, but I do not feel like ing anyone today. "Make yourself at home, princess." He says as he throws his bags onto the bed, and soon after, he throws himself into it. I unpack a few belongings into one of the dressers and lay on the bed next to him, I notice how bad the bags under his eyes were, they were really bad, like mine almost, "You should go to bed." I say, brushing his bangs away from his forehead. He replies with a snore, I laugh and play with his hair, I can't believe how lucky l am, I didn't have to steal anything or anyone to find a place to stay, I'm supposed to be hostage, but I feel like royalty. He stirs, and my heart floods with warmth, my hand freezes, I can't hurt anyone else, it's too much of a risk, they'll fall for me and then I'll have to leave them because of my job, oh yeah, by the way, I'm a runaway agent, I worked for many companies, but they were all the same, making it look like they're doing good for the world, when in reality the second something goes wrong, everyone's dropped. I fell too many times to go back. But I don't regret it, I have so many skills, I can steal basically anything, fight really well, and lose a tail in a couple seconds. I think back to those countless nights I spent with my buddies in either a sewer, private shop or hotel lobby, those were the days. Lance stirs and l roll him over to the other side of the bed, pulling the covers off and the sheets up, l tuck him in and he smacks his lips, mumbling something, l lay down next to him and listen to what he's saying, "Just like her," l furrow my brows, "Same eyes," he mumbles something I can't make out, "Same smile, I'm not letting go that easy again." He says, a little clearer, l then realize that he's waking up, I fake sleep and am sort of uncomfortable, but this is better than being accused of stalking, I can hear him turn to me and I stick out my bottom lip, taking in a deep breath, he laughs quietly and moves the bangs out of my eyes, "Why do you remind me of her?" He says, carefully caressing my hair, "Why did she leave me?" He says, his voice hurt,"Why did she leave me even though she knew I wouldn't be able to survive a single day without her." I try my best to resist a frown, "Why, why did she just throw me away and leave me alone in my worst time, and not even give me a backwards glance?" He says, I can hear the tears in his voice, "But l won't lose you, no matter what it takes, l will not lose you, you are the sole reason why l didn't jump off that plane, I'm never going to lose such an angel ever again," he takes a shaky breath,"Even though you look and act like a e, I know it's because of your paste, you make me want to help you, protect you, show you the light in this world, to heal you," he brushes his hand across my chin, "You and I think that we are made to please people, that we only exist to cure others' lust, we only exist because of our bodies that everyone told us were blessings, but ended up being burdens, we came with duties, and we can't go back, but we can," he says, his voice becoming stronger and stronger, "Everyone is equal, and we were like this because we were brainwashed, that's it, you deserve better, you deserve to run yourself, only you, not anyone else dictating over what you do with your body but you, my angel, don't forget that." He says, brushing my cheeks. He pulls me into a hug and I don't resist, no ones ever cared about me this much in my whole entire life, except Jongmyeon, he would tell me how important I am and how I'm his priority, then something hits me, all of those past hookups have been because they remind me of him, anything, either it's their over protectiveness or smile, or even cheekbones, I hastily open my eyes and see that he's asleep, that's when l realize how similar he looks to Jongmyeon, he definitely has the cheekbones and jawline, same eyes, same ruffled hair, same lips and nose, and the same body, y yet fragile, I love it, I need to protect it, I notice how fragile he is, and how many façades he's put up, you're really something, I think, he stirs and I make a vow, "I'm never going to lose you out of my sight, even if I have to leave you, I'll always watch you, help you out when I can, you remind me too much of Jongmyeon for me to leave him like that again, you're basically a grown version of him," I pause, tears threatening my eyes, "You're so beautiful and you don't know that and it hurts me, you've been abused, hurt, taken for granted too many times, but I'll change that." I sniff, "I'll prove to you that people do care." I whisper.
She stirs and brushes a hand over my cheekbones, "I'm never going to lose you out of my sight, even if I have to leave you, I'll always watch you, help you out when I can, you remind me too much of Jongmyeon for me to leave him like that again," I freeze, "You're basically a grown version of him," wait, could it be? "You're so beautiful and you don't know that and it hurts me, you've been abused, hurt, taken for granted too many times," you got that pretty damn right, "but I'll change that," that voice, it reminds me an awful lot of Mary, "I'll prove to you that people do care." Then she cries, it hurts for me to see her like, this,  but i know that it's better if she thinks that I don't know her, and vice versa, so I let her cry, and slowly, she falls asleep on my shoulder, but I don't get a wink of sleep.