Chapter 1

Pretty faces and ugly thoughts

I look back at him, his expression almost makes me run back into his safe arms, almost, I can't put the only person that I love and truly loves me in danger, so I give him the cold shoulder and say "I just don't like you anymore, everything you do is the same, always the same, you only like me because of my looks and the way I treat yrou, not because of my personality." I snarl, my heart shaking, his expression goes from unbelievable to looking like a kicked puppy, my heart shatters into a million pieces, I pull off my ring and strut up to him and drop it into his hand, looking disgusted, "Don't wait for me, I don't want to deal with you again."I snap as I walk away, not looking back, I walk away, knowing I did the right thing, but still a small part of me wants him to stop me and say it's all ok, but I hear nothing. I hail a cab and slide in, telling the driver to take me anywhere they want, and they just nod their head in agreement. Alyesha looks at me and runs up to the cab, "I don't care how long it takes, I will wait for you, and you will someday see that you are my everything and I can make you the happiest person in the world." His voice brings tears to my eyes, liar, I think, you'll probably forget me after a week," I love you María." He whispers, and even though I'm a decent distance from him, I can still read his lips, and that's when I lose it, I cry, right there, in front of the driver, my hands shaking, the driver pats my back.