SCENE #1

A Scene To Remember
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

On this rainy day, my plane arrived safely to my hometown Seoul.

“Mrs. Kim?” a decent middle-aged man approached us.

“Oh! Mister Go~” I shook his hand pleased to meet him again.

“Hope you had a nice trip, Miss?” he asked politely. With a board smile that made his eyes straighten up with winkles appearing on the corners of his two eyes.

“Sure, the air here is really different.” I said while stretching my arms widely in this rainy early morning. “Just like what they say in the dramas in here.”

“Let me drive you Miss..” he opened the door for me, and my daughter.

“Choi Mirae, let’s go. Come over here..”

 

“Mister Go, you know why I came here for. Right?”

“Yes Miss, here is your schedule..” he was facing me in this wide limousine car. “And this file have all the information about the company and more details about each shareholder in it.” he turned to get another one, “This one include all the history about each deal we had, when and where and why and with whom.”

“Well, I will look into them. But our lawyer will take care of everything. You know me Mister Go, I don’t know much about business and deals.” I shrugged my shoulders up.

“As you like miss Kim.”

“Ah right, what about the favor I asked you about?”

“Here is it Miss..” he gave me a pink file. “Just what you asked about.”

While checking it, my eyes fell on the view outside.

“Where are we going Mister Go?”

“To your hotel Miss.”

“No, I want to stop by somewhere else first.”

“But you need to rest..”

“Its fine, and I think this visit will last longer this time.” I put the file aside, “So I will stay at our house.”

“As you like Miss Kim.”

“Please let’s stop there first..” I told him while poking the pink file that he handed to me earlier.

 

“Mirae-ya, mom will be right back.” I told my little panda while cupping he face, “Have fun with Mister Go till I come back.” I left a tender peck on her forehead and unloaded while waving for her a goodbye.

 

 

Jiyong

 

 

I was stretching my body up by roaming around, after a whole 32 hours without blinking an eye.

“Seungri-ya,” I called out. “What is going on? Why is it that chaotic over here?”

“Oh! You came president-”

“Ya!” I hit his head. “How many times I told you not to call me president around?” I yelled at him silently.

“S-Sorry,” he bowed down. “It’s the audition for the next movie.”

“Woah, a lot of them came this time.” I commented while my eyes following this endless line of people in front of the hall’s gate.

“Since the main actor is decided to be Lee Seunggi, all the girls are dying to have this role.”

I started marching toward the gate.

“President-” he called out again, “I mean hyung!” he was trying to grab me out from this.

 

“This audition is for the women only, please take the exit from here..” the bodyguard showed me the way out.

This is my workplace, a company where the employees don’t know their president’s face.

I kept standing there, waiting for Seungri – my manager – to solve this situation up without blowing my identity out.

“Oh! You c-came..” he tapped on my shoulder, “What are you doing?” he cried at the bodyguards, “This is.. the water boy.” He buffered out, I glared at him hard while sighing at how stupid he is to get these lame excuses every time.

“Ah yeah, I came to change the water bottle.” I said while lowering my cap’s brim down.

 

We went in safely, and I got to stand behind the judges table, inside the room that had a huge window that I was able to monitor them without them knowing.

Seungri brought me a chair, I sat there closing my eyes and depending on my hearing sense to pick out the right person as always.

Well, I rarely do this thing. But out of nowhere I found myself ended there, trying to find the best actress for this big project.

 

“Alright, we’ll start now the audition to choose the main actress for the next movie “The Prince Living Inside Me”, please take your seats and we’ll call you by the number as your turn comes.” The organizer instructed.

The first 40 women were really boring, and untalented.

One of them was kind of acceptable, but can’t reach more than 43% of my satisfaction.

More went by, and I couldn’t take it anymore that I found myself standing on my legs heading outside the room.

But then this conversation stopped me.

“Last candidate, hmm..” the organizer checked his list and called out, “Go Hyunjoo-ssi?”

Without answering, some woman that was alone in this huge hall got up and stood in front of the judges wordlessly.

I stood right there without any movement.

“Hmm, shouldn’t you start with your script?” one of the judges asked after few long moments of silence.

“Can you sing?” another asked, “Should we listen to one song from you?”

Again she kept standing over there without any sign of being alive than her chest bumping out and in.

“Alright Miss Go, your time is-”

That moment, as I already turned my back to her and held the door’s knop about to exit. The voice that I heard right then made all my organs stop and be concentrated with every note she belted with her crystal clear voice.

 

Everyone was shocked, stunned and breathless from this performance.

She bowed casually, after crying her heart out and took the knop from my hand and pushed it out widely enough to leave first.

I tried to follow her and see her face for once, but couldn’t.

This woman, no matter who she was or what she do for life, she’s certainly born for this.

 

 

Tae

 

 

After I finished my schedule for the day I went to see my daughter Yoon Mirae that was waiting for me at home with mister Go.

“Isn’t there's something strange in this house?" I asked him while roaming around.

"I'm sorry miss, it been really a long time since I bought a visit to here. And I didn't know that you'll be staying here, so the house isn't in its best status."

"It’s okay, I think it's me that don't remember it too much."

I found my daughter playing outside with the butterflies, while the housemaids unpacking our luggage.

 

We went out to have lunch, then came back immediately toward the bed.

 

As I wasn't adapt to the time difference in here, I woke up just 4:39 AM begging for water from all the pizza that we had earlier.

With half closed eyes I was able to notice a dim light coming from the living room. I turned my to check it out, then turned away toward the kitchen.

When I realized what I just saw back then while having the cold water sliding through my throat, I splashed all the water out and ran quickly to confirm my vision from earlier.

And here was he..

"AHHHHH~~" I cried out loudly, as I saw that hooded man standing over there.

He quickly ended up holding me up as I tripped with my own foot charismatically.

 

We left in hurry toward the real estate office with the break of the dawn, I called mister Go immediately as this man was so quiet and refused to talk with me and wanted the police to take place in here.

 

"Oh! Mister Go? What brought you here from this early morning?" the owner noticed him as he was opening his office.

Mister Go went in and took care of it with the owner personally.

"Miss, this house was really rented to this man since the last two weeks. And unfortunately it was by Mr. Choi's cousin."

"Oppa's cousin? How?"

"He faked Mr. Choi's signature."

I sighed, still confused about all this.

"Excuse me," that man talked. "But what's the solution in here? I have life to attend."

I glared at him sideway, as his tone was so arrogant.

"Mrs. Kim, can I have a word with you?" the owner came and asked from me politely, to live with this man for the meantime, as it's hard for them to return his rental money for 24 months prepaid already.

From what I understood, that this man doesn't even stay at home. In other words he takes this house as a hotel. He comes at the break of the dawn and leave right when the two clock's arms meet at 9 AM.

 

While walking back to home, I gave it another thought. It wasn't that impossible idea, since I lived in mixed dorm back in UK and also in the company's campus in US. So it's not my first time, and since he's from the same nation, I feel more assured.

 

"Choi Mirae!" I called we came back.

He entered after me.

"Good morning mom,"

I patted her hair gently, "Come over here, greet our new House-mate.."

My words stopped him from entering his room.

"Annyeonghaseyo Ajusshi." she bowed down respectfully.

He was about to complete his way in, until I called out again.

"Do you mind to have a word together?" I asked.

But he completed his way in.

I flinched my fist hardly, as I was annoyed already with his coldness.

 

I changed my clothes, got into my decent style that I wear out whenever I step out for work. Made two cups of coffee, to start a fresh day with this mind blowing scent.

"What do you have?" someone asked from my back, more like a whisper. That made me spill the coffee down on my hand.

I turned to see that man changed into another loose hoodie and black skinny ripped jeans with a black snapback as well.

"W-What?"

"You looked like you wanted to tell me something."

"Ah yeah," I poured two cups of coffee and took a seat at the bar's stools.

I pushed a mug toward him, and said calmly, "When will you come home tonight?"

This sentence choked him up.

"W-What?"

"When will you come? So I will fit the dinner by then."

His eyes widen up for few moments, then they returned to their usual glare mode.

"I don't eat at home."

"Alright then, 1. I will have the second floor. 2. Don't expect to have any romantic relationship in here." he looked confused, "You're free to do anything else other than these two rules in here. I won't middle in your private life, so I hope it will be the same with you." I stretched out a hand to shake.

He stared at it.

I took his hand and shook it.

"Don't worry, I just accepted to stay here since I knew it's unfair for both of us. Since you payed already for it, and I have it under my name. So I will stay here temporary till we catch him and return the money back to you." I bowed to him, "I bid my apologies on his behalf, and have a nice day."

He was gazing at his mug of my hand dripped coffee, "Why would you?" he said it so softly with anger coating his voice. I decided to ignore it, since he looked really annoyed with all this.

 

"Choi Mirae, let's go it's time!" I called my little 6 years old daughter.

"Coming~" she came running toward the front door.

This angry house-mate man surpassed her.

"Come back safely, House-mate Ajusshi." she bowed down cutely.

He turned at her with confusion contouring his face, as if it's his first time to hear these words in his whole life.

As mister Go brought the car in front the main pension's gate, that man flamed his engine and flew with his matte black Lamborghini.

"Mom, why does this ajusshi hate me?"

"No, he doesn't my little panda."

While pouting she said, "Then he can't talk? Why when I greeted him twice he didn't reply back?"

"From your overflowing beauty he is too shy to talk with you my cutie panda~" I told her and showered her with kisses affectionately.

 

"Seohyun-ah~" I met our lawyer and friend Joo Seohyun.

"Unnie~" she hugged me, "It been really a long time."

She looked at my daughter sticking by my side, "Mirae-ya, how are you little girl? Are you ready for your first day at school?"

"Sure."

"Aigoo our little panda is all grown up now to attend school alone~" I pinched her chubby cheeks that were totally unfit for her skinny body.

"Should I go with you?"

"No, I'm a grownup girl right now." she turned me and started pushing both of us away, "Now go and work together, don't worry I told Go ajusshi to pick me later."

"Mirae-ya.."

"Stop whining and go already, I'm running late!" she yelled as always.

"Yeah sure ma'am." we bowed and left.

 

 

"Are you ready?" Seohyun told me.

"Yeah sure thing, hope this will be the right thing to do."

We both entered the company, with confidence.

An out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter