8

My Guardian Demon
Please log in to read the full chapter

Nayoung rested. Jieqiong kept her in bed for days, telling the others Nayoung had gotten very sick and needed to stay in bed. Her friends believed her, the demons just nodded, they knew the real reason. One day, Jieqiong left to go to the beach. Nayoung told her she needed to go out and have fun, so she did reluctantly. Nayoung took that as a chance to return to hell. She got up from the bed, stumbled to the wardrobe, put her clothes on and teleported herself to hell.

Finding Chungha was easy. She was sat in a corner, her clothes tattered and dirty. She was crying.

“Chungha…” Nayoung called.

Chungha lifted her head up, wiping some of her tears away.

“W…What are you doing here? You shouldn’t talk to me…” Chungha mumbled.

“I wanted to see if you were okay.” Nayoung said, before slowly sitting down next to Chungha. “I know what it’s like to have this done to you.”

Chungha sniffled quietly, before whimpering. “Sejeong knew I came to see you. She told them to wait a little longer, but it was too late… I’m surprised she’s not here too.”

“She probably just stayed quiet because she was—“ Nayoung stopped.

A bright flash of light appeared, before it went dark, leaving someone behind.

“Bloody hell, they better stop throwing angels down here, it’s getting tiring…” Nayoung heard a voice nearby mumble.

Nayoung got up to take a closer look at who this new fallen angel was. She poked them a few times with her foot, before they groaned and sat up. To her surprise, it was Sejeong.

“Oh god, it hurts so much…” Sejeong groaned, before lying down again.

“Sejeong!” Chungha gasped, running over to the other fallen angel. “What are you doing here? What did you do?”

“I told them I knew you were going to see Nayoung and I tried to delay them so they wouldn’t catch you.” Sejeong said. “Hyeri got really mad, she told me I betrayed them, just like you, and she didn’t need me. We argued, I… I hit her. She sent me here.”

“We should probably get you two healed and get you some new clothes.” Nayoung said. “You’ll feel better then.”

Nayoung helped Sejeong up from the ground, before taking the two to Heehyun who would be able to deal with them better.

 

Meanwhile, Jieqiong had returned to check on Nayoung, only to find that the stone demon had disappeared.

“I never should have let her out of my sight… I should have stayed… Stupid me… Stupid Nayoung… Always running off…” Jieqiong grumbled to herself before hitting a nearby pillow.

It was then when she noticed the note next to Nayoung’s bed. She picked it up and read it.

I feel okay. I went to find Chungha to make sure she’s okay. I’ll come back soon. Heehyun probably wants to check up on me too, so I’m in safe hands. Don’t worry about me.

Jieqiong really wanted to slap Nayoung sometimes.

 

Nayoung was sat with Sejeong, Chungha, and Heehyun.

“Are we really demons now?” Sejeong asked.

Heehyun nodded. “Yep. Hell is a lot better than heaven from what I’ve heard. We actually do fun stuff here, unlike work away all day and get stressed. Heaven’s like… A busy workplace. Hell is a party. We just sit here, do whatever we want, occasionally go up to the world, cause trouble, come back here, laugh about it. It’s been quiet lately since Nayoung and her friends decided to go bother the humans, I’m surprised the angels haven’t sent any back yet so far.”

“Well, they were planning to…” Chungha mumbled.

“You don’t need to worry about that anymore

Please log in to read the full chapter