4.

My Guardian Demon
Please log in to read the full chapter

Eunwoo, Minkyung, and Siyeon didn’t make it back to the human world for a while, luckily for Nayoung. Things seemed normal for a while. Nayoung was fitting in fine and keeping Jieqiong safe. One night, there was a party. The theme was Halloween. It wasn’t really near Halloween, but nobody really questioned it. Humans were weird to Nayoung. Jieqiong went as a zombie and Nayoung went as a demon. Literally. Jieqiong had pretty much stuck some horns on Nayoung’s head and given her some clothes to make her look more threatening.

“I want you to scare lots of people tonight, Nayoungie.” Jieqiong was saying. “Do some demon stuff, it’ll be fun.”

“Like what?” Nayoung frowned.

“Possess someone? Summon the devil? I don’t know.” Jieqiong shrugged.

They arrived at the dorm the party was being held at. They knocked at the door before a rather drunk Sally came and let them in.

“Jieqiong, Nayoung!” Sally slurred as she pulled the two inside. “It’s nice to see you both!”

They made their way inside and lost Sally somewhere. They got some drinks and Jieqiong ended up finding some Chinese friends. Nayoung just stood next to her awkwardly, pretending she didn’t know any Chinese. However, Nayoung was a demon. She knew any language she wanted to. That was another advantage of being a demon.

The party got wilder as the night went on. Nayoung and Jieqiong ended up being dragged into a room by one of their friends, a girl called Chaeyeon.

“We’re playing spin the bottle and all that kind of stuff!” Chaeyeon yelled over the music that was playing.

So, they ended up sat with a few other people. A few minutes in and people were already kissing and fondling each other. When Jieqiong spun the bottle and it landed on Nayoung, there were drunk squeals from around the room.

“Come here, Nayoungie.” Jieqiong said with a grin as she crawled on Nayoung’s lap.

Nayoung automatically wrapped her arms around Jieqiong’s waist. Jieqiong leant in and kissed Nayoung deeply, and it seemed a little too neat for Nayoung to think Jieqiong was doing this only because she was drunk. It was only when Chaeyeon pulled Jieqiong back that they stopped.

“Jesus, I thought you two weren’t going to stop!” Chaeyeon laughed, before patting their shoulders.

Jieqiong crawled off Nayoung’s lap, her cheeks suddenly turning red as she realised what she’d just done.

The game continued and five people ended up making out with Chaeyeon. Nayoung was one of them, and she hadn’t exactly been that willing. It was more like Chaeyeon had thrown herself on Nayoung and started kissing her, and Nayoung wasn’t sure what to do.

The party ended at 3am after college staff had been to complain and said if they didn’t stop the police would come, so everyone returned to their dorms. Nayoung had to carry Jieqiong back, since she’d had a lot of alcohol and probably would’ve fallen over.

They made it back to their dorm. Nayoung put Jieqiong down on her bed and tried to walk off to the bathroom to get something to take Jieqiong’s makeup off, but the younger girl pulled Nayoung back and Nayoung ended up on top of Jieqiong. They didn’t speak, they just stared at each other, before Jieqiong pulled Nayoung down, closing the gap between them. Their lips crashed together and they kissed each other with urgency, like it was the last thing they’d ever do. Nayoung’s hands began to make their way up into Jieqiong’s shirt whilst the younger girl whimpered against Nayoung’s lips. But a few seconds later, Nayoung came to her senses and pulled away, getting up.

“We can’t do this.” She mumbled, before walking off into the bathroom.

But it was too late. The damage had already been done.

 

The next morning was awkward.

Jieqiong kept glancing over at Nayoung, who was sat reading a book. Eventually, the silence became too much for Jieqiong, and she got up, got dressed and left.

“Well, looks like somebody messed up.” A voice said.

Nayoung looked up from her book. Eunwoo was sat on the edge of her bed.

“How do you always manage to come back?” Nayoung sighed, putting the book down.

“I just do. Anyway, you’re honestly so dumb. I saw everything last night, by the way. I told you to be careful, and you completely ignored my advice.” Eunwoo shook her head. “Stupid.”

“I wasn’t thinking straight.” Nayoung said.

“You weren’t thinking at all.” Eunwoo said. “You’ve well and truly messed up. Honestly, I’m surprised you haven’t been sent back to hell and replaced with an angel. I thought those angels we saw would’ve fixed it by now.”

“I don’t think there’s a way to fix it.” Nayoung said. “Or else they’d have done something long ago.”

“So what do you do now? Where do you go from here?” Eunwoo asked. “You can’t exactly pretend everything’s fine—“

They b

Please log in to read the full chapter