14

My Guardian Demon
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Okay, I'm going to help you use this properly." Minkyung said to Siyeon, pointing to the phone in the younger's hand. "I learnt all this from the humans. First, you need to go to the app store--"

Siyeon stood up and started putting her jacket on.

"Where are you going?" Eunwoo asked, frowning.

"To the app store. Is it far?" Siyeon looked at Minkyung.

Minkyung sighed. "You know what, let's save this for another day."

"Why? I thought we were going to the app store!" Siyeon whined.

Jieqiong walked in with Nayoung.

"Where are you going?" Nayoung asked Siyeon.

"I was going to the app store." Siyeon said, before glaring at Minkyung."But she won't take me."

"The app store?" Jieqiong snorted. "It's on your phone." She took out her phone and showed Siyeon the app store on her phone.

"You let me think I was going to an actual store!" Siyeon yelled, hitting Minkyung's shoulder.

Jieqiong and Nayoung both sat down, and then Jieqiong's phone began to ring, so she answered.

"Sally? What's happening? My parents? Oh god... Uh... Just... Tell them I'll be there soon." Jieqiong sighed as she hung up.

"Your parents are here?" Nayoung frowned.

Jieqiong nodded. "Apparently so. They're at the campus asking for me... I don't want this to go wrong again, but I don't trust them."

"I'll get Heehyun!" Siyeon said as she rushed out of the room to pull the archdemon out of her bed.

A few minutes later, they were ready to go with a grumpy Heehyun.

"Why do I have to come again?" Heehyun asked as they all filed out of the apartment and began walking to the college campus.

"Because Jieqiong's parents are..." Siyeon stopped.

"Pyschos?" Eunwoo suggested.

"Insane?" Minkyung added.

"They're still my parents, you know." Jieqiong mumbled.

"Your crazy parents who somehow know we're all evil and they want us dead." Eunwoo said.

They reached the campus within fifteen minutes. Jieqiong told the demons to stay close by but to stay out of sight. She didn't want to cause a commotion.

Jieqiong saw her parents sitting down on a bench outside. She went over to them.

"Jieqiong! We've been worried sick!" Mrs Zhou said, standing up to hug her daughter.

"And you're without those evil beings, which is even better." Mr Zhou mumbled.

"They're not evil." Jieqiong sighed. "Please don't say that about my friends."

"But it's true--" Mr Zhou started.

"Don't." Mrs Zhou said with a sigh.

"Why did you both come all this way? Did you need something?" Jieqiong asked.

"We just needed to make sure you were safe, since you left so abruptly." Mrs Zhou said. "Your friend says you don't stay at the campus anymore, where are you living now?"

"I live with my friends in an apartment." Jieqiong said.

"The evil ones?" Mr Zhou asked.

Jieqiong sighed. "They're not evil--"

"So you're living with them? You're going to be possessed by the devil!" Mr Zhou suddenly yelled, grabbing Jieqiong's arm. "You have to come back to the campus, Jieqiong, you can't live with them."

"Stop it! Let go of me!" Jieqiong hissed, trying to escape from her father's grip.

"Let go of her." A voice said from behind.

Heehyun,

She was the only one that Jieqiong's parents didn't know.

"Who are you?" Mr Zhou asked.

Heehyun shrugged. "I was just passing by. I don't think she likes what you're doing. Are you going to let go?"

"Mind your own business." Mr Zhou hissed.

"I'm afraid I can't." Heehyun said, before she closed her eyes.

Suddenly, Mr Zhou let go of Jieqiong's arm and took a step back, and his arms were pinned to his sides.

"You're one of them!" Mr Zhou suddenly screamed, frightening anyone who was nearby.

"So what? I don't like it when people hurt the ones I'm close to." Heehyun growled. "And I wouldn't mess with her again, or me, or any of us."

The others stepped out from their hiding places. Nayoung pulled Jieqiong back and held her closer.

"Why? What will you do?" Mr Zhou laughed.

"Well, you said we're evil. We could do anything." Heehyun said as she approached Mr Zhou. "If we can burn your precious church down with a simple flick of our fingers, imagine what we could do when we try really hard."

Mr Zhou suddenly lost his confidence when Heehyun lifted up a hand and a small red light began to glow just above her palm.

"Just leave them." Mrs Zhou suddenly mumbled. "It's Jieqiong's choice if she's going to stray from the light."

"Go on, then. Go home. And don't come back." Heehyun hissed. "Or else."

Suddenly, there was a loud bang, the red light had fired itself out of Heehyun's hand and hit the wall right behind Jieqiong's parents, causing them to jump, before they rushed out.

"Well, that's ov

Please log in to read the full chapter