13

My Guardian Demon
Please log in to read the full chapter

"If we had known what your inner demon was going to do, we would have never even thought about doing that, Nayoung." Eunwoo began. "We didn't want you to kill anyone. We were all horrified when we realised. It was a mistake, and we're really sorry."

"That person is dead because of me and I can never bring them back. Don't you know how serious that is?" Nayoung frowned.

"We know, and we know you have every right to hate us for what we made you do, but we miss you. How are we meant to be a team without our stone demon?" Minkyung asked.

"I'm an ugly crier and I cry every night because I miss you and it scares everyone. Come back to us, Nayoung." Siyeon said with a sad sniffle.

Nayoung stayed quiet for a moment, but it felt like forever to the three demons.

"This is your last chance." Nayoung sighed. "If you mess up again, then I'll really be done with you forever. I guess I was getting lonely without you..."

The three screamed and ran at Nayoung, crushing her in a very tight group hug.

"We promise we won't ever do anything like that ever again!" Siyeon squealed with tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Let's go back now. Jieqiong will be wondering where I am." Nayoung said.

And the three walked down the path together, talking and laughing, finally reunited after months of being apart.

 

Meanwhile, Heehyun had been hiding nearby in a bush, watching the interaction between the four in case things had turned nasty. She was about to go back home, when she felt someone behind her.

"Ki Heehyun. I didn't expect to be seeing you again."

Heehyun turned to face the being.

"Han Hyeri. I thought you would've left me and my friends alone after our last encounter."

Hyeri laughed. "You thought wrong."

"What do you want then?" Heehyun hissed. "Another round? I could beat you any day."

"Leave Jung Chaeyeon alone. We don't need another one tainted beyond repair." Hyeri growled. "I'm sick of dealing with demons, go back to where you belong."

"I won't leave her alone." Heehyun said with a smirk. "What are you going to do about it? Banish me? You know I'll come back stronger."

"Then I will have to take Chaeyeon." Hyeri said. "And I'll fix her."

"Touch Chaeyeon and I will kill you."

"Just watch me."

 

Nayoung was on the couch with Jieqiong. Chaeyeon was sat across from them, reading a book for one of her classes, whilst the other demons were in the bedroom sleeping. Suddenly, there was a flash of light and Hyeri appeared in the room, followed by Heehyun. Chaeyeon screamed and almost fell out of her seat.

"What the hell? Heehyun? What's happening-- Get off me!" Chaeyeon yelled as Hyeri grabbed her wrist.

"Get your hands off her!" Heehyun growled, tugging Hyeri back, causing her hands to burn from the holy aura.

Nayoung sprang to her feet and grabbed Chaeyeon, pulling her out of the room.

"What's going on?" Chaeyeon ask

Please log in to read the full chapter