10

My Guardian Demon
Please log in to read the full chapter

Nayoung had attempted to go back to Earth a few times, but had always been stopped by Eunwoo or Minkyung. They would tell her to wait a little longer, so she did. But how much longer would she have to wait? She hated leaving Jieqiong alone for too long.

Meanwhile, Jieqiong was spending a lot of time alone in her room. One night, she heard her parents having a heated argument, something she’d never heard them do before. Then it went quiet. Her father came up the stairs and entered her bedroom.

“Jieqiong, I need to speak to you about your friend and those other girls.” He said, before sitting down next to Jieqiong. “I need you to be completely honest with me. Did they set the church on fire?”

Jieqiong frowned. “Of course not. Why would they do that?”

“Because the cameras around the church show you and Nayoung outside, and then another girl shows up out of nowhere and then some more girls show up and you all leave, then one of those girls comes back and then the church is on fire. It doesn’t add up, Jieqiong.” Jieqiong’s father said.

“You’re really accusing Nayoung and her friends of setting the church on fire?” Jieqiong sighed.

“The priest said he got weird vibes from Nayoung. Like… There was something wrong with her. He said she felt evil.” Her father said.

“Nayoung isn’t evil.” Jieqiong said, feeling anger beginning to bubble inside her. “Nayoung’s one of the nicest people I know, and so are her friends. They would never do that.”

“All evidence points to them though. The whole town are looking for them.” Her father said. “Do you know where they are?”

Jieqiong shook her head. “When you told me that the church was burnt down, I came back into the house and they were all gone. I don’t know where they are.”

Jieqiong’s father frowned. “Don’t lie to me, Jieqiong. You know where they are.”

“Would I lie to you?”

“Yes.”

Jieqiong sighed, getting up. “I’m not lying. Stop being so stupid. You really think they set the church on fire? Nayoung could barely even stand up when we were outside, she called her friends to help her. And the camera footage could’ve been edited easily. You’d really believe the that the priest says? I honestly can’t believe you.”

“Jieqiong, do not speak to me like that!” Jieqiong’s father shouted, standing up.

“I’ll speak how I want! You’re the one believing the priest! All they ever do is spread bull in church and I hate it! My Nayoung isn’t evil, and neither are her friends! You have no proof that they did anything to the church, so just shut up!” Jieqiong yelled, before storming out and leaving the house.

Jieqiong walked for about fifteen minutes. She arrived at the park and sat on a bench and cried. She hated yelling at her parents, but she couldn’t let her father think so badly of Nayoung and her friends.

“Nayoung, get back here!” A voice yelled from the darkness.

Jieqiong turned around to see four figures running towards her. She recognised them as Nayoung, Eunwoo, Minkyung and Siyeon.

“Jieqiong!” Nayoung shouted as she ran over.

Jieqiong stood up before running to Nayoung, hugging her tightly.

“I missed you so much…” Jieqiong sobbed into Nayoung’s shirt.

“What’s wrong? Why are you crying?” Nayoung asked as she ran her fingers through Jieqiong’s hair.

“My father thinks you’re evil and the priest knows Siyeon burnt the church down.” Jieqiong sniffled, looking up at Nayoung.

“Well, he’s not wrong.” Minkyung mumbled.

“Shut up, they’re having an intimate moment!” Siyeon hissed at Minkyung.

“Did you argue?” Nayoung asked.

Jieqiong nodded. “I shouted at him and ran away… But you really shouldn’t be here.”

Nayoung frowned. “Why?”

“The town’s looking for you all. I don’t want you to get arrested and taken away.” Jieqiong began to cry again.

“Well, we are demons, they can’t really do much to us.” Minkyung said.

There was the sound of a slap.

“Shut up!” Siyeon whispered.

“There was no need to slap me!” Minkyung gasped.

“We should probably leave then…” Nayoung sighed. “Are you going home?”

“…I want to come with you.” Jieqiong said. “But I need to get some stuff from home.”

“Then let’s go.” Nayoung said.

Suddenly, Jieqiong was lifted up by Nayoung and the group walked all the way back to Jieqiong’s. Jieqiong opened the front door, but the house was silent. She crept inside, the others following, although Eunwoo tried to close the door on Siyeon. They got upstairs and Jieqiong grabbed a bag and started to pack some stuff, then they heard the sound of footsteps approaching. The demons all scrambled to hide. Eunwoo and Minkyung went in the wardrobe, Nayoung hid under the bed and Siyeon hid behind the door. Jieqiong’s mother walked in.

“What are you doing?” She asked.

“Leaving.” Jieqiong said.

“Why? Is it because of your father?” Jieqiong’s mother sighed. “I told him to leave you alone.”

“I just want to go.” Jieqiong mumbled, continuing to pack clothes.

“Go where?” Jieqiong’s mother asked.

Jieqiong shrugged. “Wherever Nayoung is.”

Jieqiong’s mother’s expression darkened. “You shouldn’t go with her.”

“Why?” Jieqiong frowned.

“Because she can’t be trusted.” Jieqiong’s mother said.

Jieqiong looked up from her bag. “You don’t trust Nayoung? I stayed with her at college all year and she kept me safe. And her friends are great. They make me laugh.”

“I can’t let you go.” Jieqiong’s mother tried to take the bag away from Jieqiong, creating a tug of war.

It only stopped when Nayoung came out from under the bed and grabbed the bag, tugging it out of their hands with ease.

“Nayoung, what are you—“ Jieqiong was stopped.

Siyeon came out from behind the door, then suddenly disappeared. Then, out of nowhere, Jieqiong’s mother just walked out. A minute later, Siyeon appeared again.

“I locked her in the bathroom, let’s go!” Siyeon said with a bright smile.

“Your wardrobe is very crowded, especially with big over there…” Minkyung grumbled as her and Eunwoo came out.

“I do not have a big !” Eunwoo gasped.

“I have to pack a few more things, then we can go—“

Siyeon screamed and fell to her knees. Everyone looked up towards the door, Jieqiong’s father was stood there with a bible and a cross.

“Evil!” He yelled.

Eunwoo and Minkyung quickly grabbed Siyeon and tried to pull her back, but Jieqiong’s father began waving the cross around which startled them even further, causing them to screech and hiss. Meanwhile, Nayoung was just stood, flinching a little. Then, out of nowhere, Jieqiong’s father threw the cross at Nayoung, causing the stone demon to yell in pain and fall to the floor, which left her in a dazed state.

“Stop it!” Jieqiong yelled, trying to push her father out. “You’re insane!”

“Your friends are evil, they’re going to hell!” Jieqiong’s father screamed.

And then suddenly, he stopped moving.

Jieqiong looked to see who was missing.

Siyeon.

Jieqiong’s father began hitting himself in the head with the bible, screaming at the pain from of it burning his skin, Jieqiong wasn’t sure if that was Siyeon screaming, but through her father’s body. Jieqiong’s father stumbled backwards, before falling down the stairs and was temporarily stunned. The demons took this as their chance to go. Eunwoo picked the confused Nayoung up off the floor and Minkyung grabbed Jieqiong and her bag and they ran, Siyeon joining them at the door. They ran for about fifteen minutes, in complete silence, before stopping and sitting down.

“Okay, so, we have to get out of here.” Eunwoo said.

“Portal…” Nayoung mumbled, rubbing her head.

Please log in to read the full chapter