7

My Guardian Demon
Please log in to read the full chapter

Nayoung woke up to kisses from Jieqiong.

“Good morning, my favourite guardian demon.” Jieqiong said with a bright smile.

Nayoung laughed. “Good morning.”

They lay in bed for a little while, snuggling up to each other, before they had a shower and got dressed and went down for breakfast. Whilst Nayoung was eating, she noticed a bright light flash outside. She knew instantly what it was.

“I’ll be back in a sec.” Nayoung mumbled to Jieqiong, before she got up and went outside.

There was an angel stood outside. It was the one from before, Hyeri.

“I know what you did last night.” Hyeri said. “How did you even get back here though? I’m sure I banished you.”

“I came back stronger.” Nayoung shrugged.

Hyeri stared at Nayoung suspiciously. “I don’t trust you. I’m sending you back.”

Hyeri started trying to force Nayoung down to her knees, but a voice in Nayoung’s head told her to fight back. She stared hard at Hyeri, feeling some unknown strength fill her body, before she held out her hands, and suddenly Hyeri flew backwards and hit the wall.

“Ouch! I’ll… I’ll get you back for this!” Hyeri shouted, before she disappeared quickly.

Nayoung looked around, making sure nobody else was coming. She was about to go back inside, when she felt a hand on her shoulder.

“Are you okay—oh my, Nayoungie, your eyes are red.” It was Jieqiong. “What happened?”

“There was an angel, she tried to send me back, but I didn’t let her.” Nayoung said.

“Did you hurt her?” Jieqiong frowned.

Nayoung looked down, before mumbling. “I think so.”

Jieqiong glanced back at the door before looking up at Nayoung.

“We need to get you back inside, but I can’t because of your eyes… How do you make it stop?” Jieqiong asked.

“I don’t know. This is the first time it’s happened.” Nayoung said.

“Hmm…” Jieqiong paused, before she leaned in and kissed Nayoung.

When she pulled away, Nayoung’s eyes were back to their normal colour.

“Okay, let’s go back inside now!” Jieqiong said with a smile, before pulling Nayoung along inside.

They went back inside and finished breakfast, before deciding with Jieqiong’s friends and the three demons that they would go shopping. They all went back to their rooms to get some money and other things, before they got in their cars.

“I never knew humans could be this fun!” Siyeon said.

Minkyung nodded in agreement. “I haven’t even had the urge to possess anyone or eat their souls!”

“They’re nice.” Eunwoo said.

Nayoung followed the car with Jieqiong’s Chinese friends and eventually they made it to the shopping centre. They got out of the cars and started walking, Nayoung and Jieqiong following a little further back from everyone else.

“Nayoungie, let’s get couple bracelets and stuff like that.” Jieqiong said.

They walked inside and split from the rest of the group. Jieqiong dragged Nayoung into a few stores before they found one that did couples things.

“Before you even suggest it, we are not getting couple outfits.” Nayoung said.

“But Nayoungie…” Jieqiong whined. “Please…”

“No.”

They left the store twenty minutes later. Nayoung had said they could get couples bracelets and couples socks. After that, they went to find the others who were outside eating ice cream. They left the shopping centre and were about to find their friends, when three angels appeared in front of them. The angels they’d met before.

“Come this way.” Chungha said.

Nayoung sighed. “Why? You’re not going to send me back, are you?”

“Not at all.” Sejeong said with a smile.

So, Nayoung and Jieqiong followed the angels to a quiet corner away from everyone else.

“Now, Jieqiong. Stand in the middle of us.” Hyeri said.

“Why? What will you do?” Jieqiong asked.

“It’s just going to be a quick protection spell.” Hyeri said, the other two nodded.

Jieqiong reluctantly stood in the middle of the three as Nayoung watched on. The angels held hands and started chanting something. Nayoung felt something was off. Jieqiong also looked the same too. It felt like the bond between them as guardian and human was breaking.

Forgive me, Jieqiong.

Nayoung suddenly disappeared and went into Jieqiong’s mind. Then Jieqiong felt another strange sensation, and suddenly she wasn’t in charge of her body anymore. There was a lot of screaming and yelling, Jieqiong was throwing herself at the angels, scratching at them and hitting them.

“Nayoung, stop it! We know that’s you!” Hyeri hissed after a particularly hard hit.

Jieqiong went still for a moment. Her eyes closed. Then a demonic chant came from her lips. Suddenly, the three angels were blasted backwards, breaking their spell. They disappeared and went back up to heaven.

Nayoung left Jieqiong’s body. The younger girl fell to her knees, breathless. She opened her eyes and looked up at Nayoung who was sat next to her.

“I… I can’t believe you did that.” Jieqiong mumbled.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t have any other options.” Nayoung said. “Please don’t be ma

Please log in to read the full chapter