1.

My Guardian Demon
Please log in to read the full chapter

A four year old Zhou Jieqiong was bored. She had nobody to play with. She had recently just moved to a new country and had left all her friends in China. She really wanted a new friend, so she sat and wished really hard, mumbling to herself. When she opened her eyes, there was a woman in her room.

“Oh, heck.” The woman said.

 

Nayoung was a demon. She’d been happily living in hell for as long as she could remember with her friends, who were also demons. They hadn’t done anything bad, of course, that’s just how they were made. Hell needed demons, obviously, so that’s why they were there. Anyway, Nayoung was sat minding her own business one day, when someone came up to her, looking rather sheepish.

“Uh, Nayoung… There’s been a mistake somewhere… But…” They stopped, looking down.

“What? Spit it out.” Nayoung frowned.

“You’ve become a child’s guardian demon.” The person said, and then they ran off.

“I didn’t even know that was a thing.” Nayoung’s friend, Eunwoo said.

“Neither did I. What am I even meant to do?” Nayoung asked.

Eunwoo shrugged. “Do the job of a guardian angel, I guess?”

“But I’m a demon.” Nayoung said.

“You used to be an angel.” Eunwoo pointed out.

That was something Nayoung always used to forget. Her friends may just be harmless demons, but she used to be an angel. That was until she was caught doing something unspeakable, and she was disowned and sent down to hell.

“So you think they may have forgotten they got rid of me?” Nayoung asked.

“I don’t know. Do you still have those cool scars where your wings used to be? Can I see them?” Eunwoo waddled closer.

“Not now.” Nayoung said. “I need to think.”

 

Nayoung spent a few hours thinking, then she decided to accept it and continue living her demon life. Nothing really happened much for a few years, until one day.

Nayoung was sat with Eunwoo, Minkyung and Siyeon. They were just talking about the usual things.

“I’m thinking of going up to Earth for a while to possess someone.” Siyeon was saying.

“That’s not very nice.” Eunwoo said.

“But I’m bored.” Siyeon groaned.

“Once I hid in someone’s closet for a year, but then they got some demon hunter people in and they sent me back here.” Minkyung said.

“What about you, Nayoung? Have you done anything wild? You did fall from heaven, after all.” Eunwoo grinned.

“I haven’t really done anythi—“ Nayoung paused.

There was a loud voice in her head.

“Nayoung! What’s happening?” Siyeon yelled.

Nayoung looked down at her hands. She was disappearing.

“Uh… I don’t know. I’ll come back soon, maybe.” Nayoung said, then she disappeared from hell, leaving her friends baffled.

When Nayoung opened her eyes again, she was in the bedroom of a young girl.

Then she realised.

This was the girl that she’d been assigned to.

“Oh, heck.” Nayoung said.

“Who are you?” The girl asked, tilting her head a little.

“I’m Nayoung—“ Nayoung started, but when she heard a voice approaching, she panicked and closed her eyes, and a second later she was possessing the girl’s body.

Well, possessing sounds a bit mean.

Nayoung didn’t want to hurt her… She just needed someone to hide. She wasn’t doing anything to the girl, anyway. She was effectively just hiding and could see through the girl’s eyes and speak to the girl without anyone else hearing.

A man came in, Nayoung assumed he was the girl’s father. Whilst they were talking, Nayoung took the time to learn some things about the girl. Her name was Jieqiong, she was four years old and originally lived in China, but had moved to Korea with her parents. It was hard to get much more information, since Jieqiong was only four. Children didn’t carry much information.

The man and Jieqiong kept talking for a little while, then he left Jieqiong to play for a little longer.

“Where did you go?” Jieqiong asked, looking around for Nayoung.

Nayoung appeared in front of her again.

“Okay, so, this is going to sound really weird and you won’t get it, but I’m Nayoung, your guardian demon.”

Jieqiong frowned. “What does that mean?”

“Uh… You know how people usually have guardian angels? Like… The angels that watch over you in heaven?” Nayoung asked.

Please log in to read the full chapter