First Prank + First Fan?

Check In (For The Summer)

"Summer officially starts tomorrow," Seungcheol commented as he snacked on a bowl of popcorn. They were in their hideout. Code Name: Mingyu's backyard. "We need a prank. Any ideas?"

Hansol raised up his hand.

"And no. There will be no farting pranks," Seungcheol continued. Hansol pulled down his hand.

"This is so hard. We've done a lot of pranks this year," Mingyu said, grabbing the popcorn from the eldest's hands.

Wonwoo nodded in agreement. He suddenly sits up from the couch that he was lying on and snapped his fingers. Hansol could literally see the lightbulb that was shining on top of the older's head. "I got it. Bugs."

"Bugs?" Seungcheol asked. Wonwoo nodded.

"Fake bugs to be exact. Lots of people do not like bugs."

"I know an ahjumma that lives down the street. Ms Yoon. She told me that her granddaughter is visiting her for the summer, and she's really afraid of bugs. Ms Yoon wouldn't mind us pranking her," Mingyu added. 

"Are you sure about that? She hates us," Seungcheol started.

"That one is Mrs Yoon, not Ms Yoon," the orange haired male corrected.

"Ahh, that one's the chill one," Hansol said, grinning.

"Yeah," Mingyu said.

Wonwoo could hear the gears in Seungcheol's head move as he thought about something. The eldest then snapped his fingers. "I got it! We pretend to be exterminators, well, most of us. One will dress like a giant bug. We then end with our signature move. We'll fill out the details later."

"I'll call Ms Yoon to inform her," Mingyu added.

"Looks like Mingyu is a ladies' man, am I right?" Hansol snickered. The orange haired boy threw a pillow at the younger, hitting him straight on the forehead. "Ow."

"I'll buy the bug costume," Wonwoo commented. "I need someone to come with--"

"I'll come with you," Seungcheol added. "We'll add up our money together to be able to get our desired bug outfit."

Hansol grinned, pushing his fist forwards. "We'll do great tomorrow, guys. Fighting!"

"Fighting!" the others added, connecting their fists.

 

---

 

"Who's going to be wearing the bug costume?" Wonwoo asked.

"You, of course," Seungcheol answered. They were currently inside a huge costume store and browsing the different options available.

"Why?"

"Being exterminators, we'll have to talk to a strangers, and I know you're not that good at that. Plus, you'll get to scare someone." With that, Seungcheol patted the younger's shoulder.

Wonwoo was about to object, but he realized that the older was very right. He'd much rather just hide than talk to the stranger, and a part of him was glad that Seungcheol understood that. So, he smiled instead. "Well, that is true."

"Exactly."

Wonwoo then picked up a rather large bug costume. "This looks like a beetle. If I put that on, I'll look like a fat beetle."

"It's kinda scary too. So it's perfect." Seungcheol checked the price tag. "And it's affordable, too."

"Oh, the things we do for pranking," Wonwoo started as they made their way towards the cashier. "How are the others doing so far?"

"Mingyu said that he informed Ms Yoon and she doesn't mind, as long as we don't mess up her property. He also said that she promised to keep our identities safe--"

"She's so chill," Wonwoo cut in, giving the costume and the small, fake, rubber bugs to the cashier.

"I know. Mingyu's also bringing the equipment for the sound effects. It'll actually sound like there's a mutant bug inside the house!"

Wonwoo smiled. Seungcheol was so excited. 

"Hansol's dad is an exterminator, so he'll lend Mingyu and I the clothes."

"This is going to be a blast," Wonwoo exclaimed as he and the older walked out into the night. 

Seungcheol nodded in agreement.

 

---

 

Journal Entry No. 2 (Summer Edition):

Date: 29th June 2017

Today's prank is going to be fantastic!

 

---

 

The downtown Pranksters make their way into the house early in the morning (thanks to Ms Yoon) and start to set up the equipment. The playlist with the sound effects was placed under the couch, which would be activated by Mingyu when it was time to use it. The fake, plastic bugs were stuck near the vents, making it look like the vents were heavily populated with bugs. 

Ms Yoon remembered to write something down on paper to remind her granddaughter to call the exterminators as she was going out later.

Space was created in one of the numerous vents in the living room where Wonwoo was going to stay before he pops out.

"My granddaughter usually wakes up at around 11:30 in the morning, so expect a call at around 12," Ms Yoon said, her voice stressing out the 'daughter'. No one noticed the small smile that she had on her face.

 

---

 

At around 11 Wonwoo was dressed in his bug costume, and yes, he did look like a fat beetle. A scary fat beetle.

"Whoa," Hansol exclaimed while laughing. "You look creepy."

"Did the beetle eat you, Wonwoo hyung?" Mingyu joked, earning a punch to the arm by the older. The younger, along with Seungcheol and Hansol, were dressed like knock off exterminators and had on fake mustaches.

"Says the one who looks like a freaking pedo," Wonwoo bit back, earning laughs from the eldest and youngest. Mingyu narrowed his eyes, but laughed soon after.

 

---

 

At 11:15, Wonwoo entered the house using the key that Ms Yoon and entered into the vent he was supposed to be in. He became bored after a couple of seconds, and hoped that the others would come in soon.

He became silent when the granddaughter of Ms Yoon woke up exactly around 11:30, and started to walk around the house leisurely, not paying any attention to any of the vents.

He sent a quick text to his friends.

 

Wonwow (Again, it was Seungcheol that put that there) : She's woke up and hasn't noticed the vents. I think she's going to call you guys now.

Cheollie: That's good. We'll be over soon ;)

MinMin: Seungcheol no winky faces at Wonwoo. Only I get to do that.

Cheollie: YOU DIDN'T CALL ME HYUNG

Vernon: Stob being salty, hyung. There, I called you hyung. Are you happy now????

 

Wonwoo then turned off his phone, chuckling at his friends' behaviour.

 

---

 

Soon enough, the 'exterminators' were there with there empty cases that they carried, and Wonwoo tried not to laugh at their 'manly' voices as they conversed with Ms Yoon's granddaughter.

 

"Grandma said that there was a bug problem in her house. That's why I called you here."

Hansol noticed that something was going on with the granddaughter's voice. Mingyu seemed to notice too. "Doesn't her voice sound deep to you?" the youngest whispered to Mingyu. The taller nodded.

"Yep."

"We'll start by checking out the vents, Ma'am," Seungcheol said under his mustache.

The granddaughter stopped walking, and watched Seungcheol with an unreadable look on her face. "What?"

Mingyu and Hansol shared a look as Seungcheol repeated his words. 

"You think I'm a girl?" the granddaughter asked incredulously.

Silence.

"I'm a guy. Jeonghan"

Hansol felt like laughing. Ms Yoon probably did that on purpose and he should've known that something was up when the granddaughter--or grandson speak. 

Mingyu muttered an 'awkward' as Seungcheol scratched the back of his neck nervously. The tallest then spoke up. "Let's check the vents, shall we?"

Seungcheol sent a greatful look his way as they walked to the living room.

The pranksters smiled when they saw how shaken up Jeonghan was because of the numerous bugs that littered the vents. "Oh my god."

"It'll take some time to get rid of all the--" Hansol started, but was cut off by a scratching sound. He looked at Mingyu. The older smiled.

"What was that?" Jeonghan asked quickly, his voice raising in pitch.

"I--I don't know. Probably a bug," Seungcheol answered, still looking embarrassed.

The sound was heard again, this time louder. It felt like a bug was scratching the walls, and Hansol felt like highfive-ing Mingyu for the sound effects. 

Jeonghan froze in fear, as Seungcheol walked closer to the vent that Wonwoo was in. The scratching sound was heard again, this time, it was accompanied by the sound of numerous bugs moving.

Jeonghan turned pale.

Seungcheol raised his right hand to touch the vent, then stopped and was about to touch it again. This was the signal for Wonwoo, who immediately burst through the vent in all his creepy beetle glory.

Ms Yoon's grandson/daughter let out an unearthly scream as the beetle fell down, the sound effects making the costume look way creepier.

Jeonghan was out the door in a flash.

"He's gonna find out that it's a prank around now, so let's get the hell outta here," Mingyu commanded as they grabbed their stuff and jumped out of the window.

After every prank, there was a note attached to where a hose was present which was activated when the target took the note. Jeonghan was probably getting drenched now.

The shout of rage heard after confirmed this.

They all jumped out of the window and Wonwoo quickly took out the beetle's creepy head, holding it in his arm as they all ran from the house.

When they felt that they were far enough, they stopped.

"Did you hear how loud she screamed?!" Wonwoo exclaimed.

"He. She's a he," Seungcheol confirmed, his ears turning pink again.

Hansol laughed. "That was a surprise. He really looks like a girl."

Mingyu agreed. "This was so fun!" He was about to take off his beanie which covered his neon orange hair when he stopped.

"What's wrong?" Wonwoo asked.

"Someone's spying on us."

"Don't tell me it's Jeonghan!" Hansol exclaimed. They all heard a thud and a bush ruffle, and then they heard a soft 'ow'.

"Who's there?" Seungcheol asked. After a few seconds of silence, a short boy who looked around their age came from the bush, his head bowed slightly. He then looked up, a wide smile on his face.

"OMG! I can't believe it! I've finally met the downtown pranksters! Eeeek!" the boy shouted. Wonwoo immediately shook his head.

"We're not--"

"Of course you are!" the kid shouted almost angrily, before his face reverted back to his smiling face. "I've always wanted to meet you guys. I heard about your pranks and I was like, 'you guys are so cool. I want to be like you guys'. Can I? Can I?!"

"Look kid--" Seungcheol began, but he was cut off by the boy.

"My name's Chan. Lee Chan."

"Look, Lee Chan. I'm sorry, but we can't let you join us. Thank you for liking us, we sincerely appreciate it."

Some silence, then a whimper was heard.

"Is he going to cry. Oh my god, he's going to cry!" Hansol exclaimed.

"Don't cry, Chan!" Mingyu pleaded. "Okay. When we meet again, we'll let you join in on our prank." he then gave Seungcheol a look telling him to shut up.

Chan stopped sniffing. "Really?" he asked, his eyes shining.

"Yeah, really," Wonwoo added. Chan grinned.

"Okay," Chan said, his voice doing down to a lower tone. "Remember that." The boy then grinned as the Pranksters shuddered. He then left.

"That," Hansol started, "was creepy."

 

----

 

 A/N: Lee Chan everyone!