Teenagers These Days + Surprise!

Check In (For The Summer)

Journal Entry No.1 (Summer Edition):

Date: June 28th 2017

Summer's gonna be great!

 

Wonwoo sighed in happiness as he stared at his journal entry. He tended to write in it when he was really excited. And boy, was he excited about this.

Today was he and his friends' (Vernon, Seungcheol and Mingyu) last day of school for the Academic year, which all for Wonwoo, as he was not a big fan of education in general. But now, he was happy.

He was going to spend Summer doing what he loved doing, pranks.

He and his friends were known as the 'downtown Pranksters' to the neighbourhood that they were from. Their identities were not known, which meant that they could prank whoever, and no one was safe.

So it's safe to say that they were hated by the majority of the older generation, especially the grumpy old and retired people.

As Wonwoo hid the journal under his pillow, his phone rang. He saw the time, 7:18, and the contact name, 'Seungcheollie <33!'

Seungcheol was the one who put it there.

Wonwoo immediately accepted the call, putting it close to his ears as he gets out of the bed at a pace familiar with turtles.

"Wonwoo, as you know, today's the last day of school! Then summer! Then everlasting pranks!" the older exclaimed. Before Wonwoo could answer, Seungcheol said, "hold on. Let me connect with the others!"

"Why'd you wake me up," the groggy voice of the maknae, Hansol, was soon heard from the other line.

"Because you wouldn't have done it yourself idiot."

"Good morning to you too, Seungcheol."

Wonwoo laughed. "Hey, Hansol."

"Hello Wonwoo hyung--"

"You call Wonwoo 'hyung' and not me?!" the oldest exclaimed, which Hansol laughed.

"What's up guys, just came from the shower--" the familiar deep timbre of Mingyu was heard and Wonwoo felt the edges of his lips lift up.

"Can you believe this Mingyu?! Hansol doesn't want to call me 'hyung'! I am the oldest!" Seungcheol ranted.

"Calm down Seungcheol--"

"So you won't call me 'hyung' too?! What sorcery is this?"

Wonwoo laughed at the craziness of his eldest friend as he heard his mom calling him from downstairs. "Listen, guys. Mom's calling me, gotta go."

"By Wonwoo hyung. See you in school~" Hansol said as he disconnected from the line.

"Are you seeing this. Gosh, teenagers these days, amirite?" Seungcheol exclaimed.

"Seungcheol, you are a teenager," Mingyu reasoned. Silence. Seungcheol then disconnects, causing both Mingyu and Wonwoo to laugh at their over dramatic elder.

"He's such a dad," Wonwoo said. Mingyu laughed again. Mingyu always laughed at his lame jokes, at least that's what Seungcheol always calls his jokes.

"I know right? Anyways, bye bye WonWonnie~~"

Wonwoo's brows were furrowed as he walked down the stairs. "I told you to not call me that."

"It's cute. By the way, I have a surprise for you and the others." With that, Mingyu disconnects.

Leave it to Mingyu to leave Wonwoo so very confused.

 

----

 

Turn's out, Mingyu's surprise was on his head.

Wonwoo was standing in front of Mingyu's home so that they can walk to school together since they live nearby to one another, when he did a double take at the boy standing in front of him.

Mingyu would've have looked like a normal Mingyu, if not for the fact that this Mingyu had orange hair. Flaming Hot orange hair.

"How's my hair. Let me guess: It's totally fantastic and out of this world! *fangirls*!"

Wonwoo couldn't hold back the next words: "Your hair looks like Cheetos."

Mingyu paused. "Well, okay then. Thanks for...the compliment?"

"It isn't a compliment. Why'd you do that for?!" Wonwoo wouldn't admit that Mingyu previous hair, greyish blonde, looked really good on the younger and made Wonwoo feel weird, in a good, warm kind of way.

"Duuuh. I wanted my hair to match the colour of Summer, and platinum is not a summer colour!"

Wonwoo felt like face palming himself.

"And this colour is only for the summer anyway, so it won't be permanent." Wonwoo saw the taller pout slightly. "Who cares if you don't like it? I'm pretty sure that Seungcheol and Hansol will like it."

"I'm sorry. Don't be mad at me, Mingyu--" Wonwoo started, but the taller was already walking away. The older sighed.

 

----

 

"Are you super saiyan, because your hair looks like it's fire--!" 

Mingyu 'playfully' pushes away a snickering Hansol, causing the latter to rubs his aching arms. "Seriously! Will you cut it out with the fire jokes?!"

"It's not his fault that you hair looks like hell's incarnate--"

"Shut it!" Mingyu shouted at the oldest.

"Stop it, guys," Wonwoo commented, only for Mingyu to turn away from him. "Look Mingyu, I'm sorry. Don't be mad at me. I'll do anything."

"Be careful what you wish for," Seungcheol laughed as he watched their class teacher telling them what to do and what not to do for the summer, like he was actually listening. This earned him a slap to the head, curtesy of Hansol.

"Shh~" a familiar tall classmate turned to face Seungcheol. "The teacher is speaking. Do not disturb."

"Whatever, Seokmin," Seungcheol answered, rolling his eyes.

"Excuse me, it's President Lee Seokmin to you--"

"Vice Class president, actually," Seungcheol corrected smugly.

"It's basically the same thing."

"No. It's not."

"This is going to be a long day," Hansol sighed. Wonwoo found himself silently agreeing.

 

---

 

It was few hours into the last class for the day before summer when a small note was shoved in front of Wonwoo's desk. The male took it and opened it.

'I was expecting you to like my hair colour, but you didn't, so I got mad. I'm sorry for being so immature. Also, ice cream sounds good. As you know, I really like strawberry <333.

Let's make this summer worthwhile!

P.S I'm gonna rock my new hair because I can! ^^'

Wonwoo found himself smiling as he looked up, meeting Mingyu's gaze. The younger grinned and Wonwoo also grinned.

 

 

----

A/n: the next chapters will hopefully be longer. Also, orange haired Mingyu is life!

P.s I just recently got into SEVENTEEN, and I really like them.