Wow + The Unexplained.

Check In (For The Summer)

"Seungcheol, are you really still thinking about what happened two days ago?" Hansol asked a now pink Seungcheol. They were both at the Love & Letter park and about to get some ice cream from one of the numerous food stalls that littered the place.

Seungcheol didn't answer as he paid for his and Hansol's ice cream. Mingyu and Wonwoo said that they were going to come later. Sometimes the eldest wondered if they were secretly dating or something. As he collected them, he gave the cookies and cream one to Hansol, since it was his favourite flavour.

"Thanks," Hansol muttered, understanding that Seungcheol wasn't willing to talk about it. Ever since they walked home after the prank, it seemed like the eldest was lost in thought, which was weird to Hansol, as Seungcheol was usually one who lived in the moment.

They were walking towards the Jam Jam skate park, where they usually hung out since they liked to skate when Seungcheol started to say something.

"Hansol--" he couldn't continue because Hansol had just crashed into someone, resulting in both him and the stranger falling down on the grass. What was worse was that the ice cream was nowhere to be seen, which meant-- "Wow."

Hansol and the stranger that was around his height, both stood up at the same time, which resulted in them bumping their heads, followed by their consecutive 'ow's.

Seungcheol stood there awkwardly as Hansol faced the stranger, his eyes widening as they landed on the stranger's stained white shirt. "Oh my god. I'm so sorry--"

The stranger chuckled good-naturedly, surprising Seungcheol. Who would laugh when there was ice cream on their shirt, courtesy of someone bumping into them? "It's okay. I wasn't looking at where I was going, either."

Seungcheol could guess that Hansol was surprised too, as his widened eyes gave it away. "A-Are you sure? I'll get it cleaned for you. You know what, here--"

Hansol was in the process of taking out his coat, and man, was today full of surprises for Seungcheol. It was a cool day, and Hansol always wore this coat when it was cool out.

The stranger shook his head. "No. You don't need to do that. I live close by, so I'll be able to get a new shirt."

"Really? I'm really sorry."

"No need to apologize."

"But really--"

And Seungcheol watched them both apologize for bumping into each other like he was watching a tennis match. He then realized that he had to intervene.

"Um, Hansol and I have to go somewhere," the eldest started, pulling a still apologizing Hansol towards him. The stranger nodded.

"So, your name's Hansol?" he asked. Hansol nodded, completely ignoring Seungcheol. "I'm Boo Seungkwan."

"Nice name. I was just going to the Jam Jam skate park," Hansol started. Seungkwan's eyes lit up at the name.

"Really? My friends and I hang out there all time time!," Seungkwan answered, a grin on his face.

"No way. My friends and I also hang out there and skate!" Seungcheol's friend exclaimed.

Here we go again, Seungcheol thought, slightly mad that his friend has forgotten him because of someone that he just met. He figured that he should just leave Hansol to talk with his new friend as they seemed to be around the same age and clearly had the same interests.

As he walked into the skate park alone, he wondered where the heck Mingyu and Wonwoo were.

 

--

 

"Are we actually gonna meet Seungcheol and Hansol at the Jam Jam skate park or are we gonna stay at your place?" Wonwoo asked, currently lying stomach down upon his friend's bed as he read a comic book.

Mingyu was lying next to Wonwoo, his face buried into his pillow. He let out a long groan. "Tell him that I don't wanna go anymore. You can go if you want."

"Are you sick?" Wonwoo asked, concern in his voice. He quickly added, "because I'm not getting sick because of you."

"Shut it," Mingyu muttered as Wonwoo grabbed his phone, calling Seungcheol, who picked up almost immediately. "We're not coming anymore. I think Mingyu's sick."

"I'm not sick," Mingyu added, but was ignored by Wonwoo, who continued to speak.

"I'm gonna have to take care of him."

"You're like a mom to Mingyu, you know that?" Seungcheol started. "Anyway, I was just going home. Hansol made a new friend, by the way."

"Ooh, is someone jealous?" Wonwoo teased. He heard Mingyu mumble something before the taller started to poke his arm. Wonwoo could feel Seungcheol rolling his eyes.

"No one's jealous. I'm glad Hansol found somebody his age to be friends with and--" the eldest stopped talking.

"Hello?" Wonwoo asked, prying Mingyu's fingers off his arm, the other giving a whine. Wonwoo chuckled. "Hello? Seungcheol hyung, are you there?"

He heard the older almost...running? Seungcheol never ran, unless it was really necessary. 

"Oh my god!" Seungcheol exclaimed. There was a rustling of leaves. "I just saw Jeonghan, and he almost saw me!"

"You were wearing a disguise--"

"So? He could still recognize me!"

"Calm down, Seungcheol--"

"He's gone, so I'm good. I'll see ya later, Wonwoo."

"Bye, hyun--"

The call ended. "That was weird." Wonwoo had a sense that Seungcheol was hiding something. His thoughts were distracted when he felt someone poking his arm again. He turned to watch Mingyu, who was facing him directly now.

Wonwoo was used to Mingyu and his childish antics, and he was used to his friend just staring at him out of the blue. But at this moment, he felt...weird. "Mingyu, Seungcheol said that he saw Jeonghan. I think he was hiding from him."

Mingyu moved closer, and started playing with Wonwoo's fingers. He always did that, plus always compare the sizes of their hands. Wonwoo didn't know why he did that.

"I hope you're not sick," Wonwoo muttered, turning his attention to the comic book.

"I'm not sick."

"Then why didn't you want to go to the skate park?" the older asked.

The orange haired boy just shrugged. He then took the comic book away, causing Wonwoo to look up, immediately locking eyes with his friend. "Give it back."

"It's my comic book, so I get to read it, hyung."

"Fine," Wonwoo muttered, about to get up from the bed when a hand stopped him from doing so. "Yes, Mingyu?"

"You said you'll take care of me. So stay."

"But you're not sick."

"Please," Mingyu pouted, causing the older to sigh.

"Fine," Wonwoo agreed, lying back on the bed, face down as he and Mingyu stared at each other, trying to see who'd blink first. 

Mingyu did. They both laughed, and then Wonwoo felt warm hands entwine with his. He looked at his orange haired friend, and the other just smiled, closing his eyes.

Leave it to Mingyu to make Wonwoo so very confused.

 

--

 

Hansol was at the skate park with a new clothed Seungkwan and his friends after Seungcheol told him that was was going home, the other adding that he was glad that Hansol was making new friends.

The younger was pretty sure that Wonwoo and Mingyu weren't going to come anymore. He chuckled. They were always doing something together when they weren't pranking someone and he swore that they were dating.

Turns out, Seungkwan had many friends who he introduced to Hansol. 

One of them was a very lively guy by the name of Soonyoung, but Hansol quickly learnt that the guy was super competitive. Soonyoung challenged him to a skate boarding competition, and Hansol, being the easy going person that he was, agreed.

He seemed like he didn't know what the heck he signed up for because Soonyoung basically crushed him. It turned out that the guy was really good at skate boarding.

Hansol felt his zeal for skate boarding decrease. Seungkwan seemed to have noticed this as he then put a hand on Hansol's back reassuringly.

"Don't feel bad. Soonyoung hyung did that to all of us. He's competitive," the older said. Hansol nodded, watching Soonyoung as the other gave him a thumbs up. "Plus, you're a good skater."

Hansol took some time to watch the others skate and Soonyoung challenge another kid to a skate boarding duel. He snickered and wondered what'll happen if Seungcheol and Soonyoung met, as Seungcheol was really good at skating.  

He then noticed that something was off. Everyone became silent as they seemed to stare at a group of frowning boys with orange and black t-shirts coming their way. Hansol jumped off the bench that he was sitting on and walked towards Seungkwan, who was staring at the boys too.

"Who are they?" Hansol asked, noticing the frown on Seungkwan's face.

"The Tigers, or that's what they call themselves. They're our rival skate boarding team. We have history." Something in the older's tone told Hansol that he didn't want to speak about them any more.

The boy in the middle of the 'Tigers' stopped the rest of the team and walked towards the group of guys that Hansol was just skate boarding with. He was a tall guy, his expression icy. Hansol remembered seeing him in one of his classes.

"We're using this park now, so get lost," the boy said in a bored tone.

Soonyoung stepped forward, a sneer on his face. "And what makes you think that we'll leave?"

The other boy seemed to smile, and another tall boy with red hair joined him. Their heights kind of intimidated Hansol a little. Red hair snickered. "If you don't leave, what happens next won't be pretty."

"Shut up, Minghao!" Soonyoung answered. He looked furious at the sight of the Minghao guy, accompanied with another emotion that Hansol couldn't figure out.

Minghao just smirked. "You shouldn't say that, Soonyoungie."

A guy Hansol knew as Jihoon pulled Soonyoung back from punching Minghao. People were starting to look like they wanted to fight the Tigers and vice versa.

The guy who appeared to be the leader stopped Minghao from saying anything else. "But Junhui--" 

The guy who appeared to be Junhui walked closer to Soonyoung, who still looked angry. "How about we compete for the Jam Jam skate park. The team who wins, gets to keep the park...permanently."

Murmurs were heard, and Hansol's eyes became wide. He and his friends always went to the Jam Jam skate park to skate since they were young, and he wouldn't let the 'Tigers' or whatever they were called to take the park away from him.

He didn't seem like the only one who liked the park as numerous people agreed, causing Soonyoung to nod, his eyes still glaring at the Minghao guy.

Hansol wondered what was up between Soonyoung and the red head, and asked Seungkwan about it.

"They used to date. Minghao broke his heart," the older answered, clenching his fists.

Hansol immediately felt anger at the behaviour of Minghao. Not only were the Tigers douchebags, but they were players as well. The Tigers couldn't get this skate park. Not now. Not ever.

 

 

---

 

A/n: Hoshi and the8 have history!