Meeting + Greeting.

Check In (For The Summer)

Seungcheol was a person who always had something to say, but there were a few moments in his life that he felt completely tongue-tied, and right now was one of them.

As he quickly ended his call with Wonwoo, he looked up to meet the eyes of Jeonghan who was staring at him with inquisitive eyes.

Oh .

 

--

 

It was soon time for Hansol to go home, as the sky was turning an orangish hue that definitely looked picture-worthy. Too bad he didn't have a camera. 

People were starting to disperse too, still talking about their encounter with the Tigers, who'd left after their leader, Junhui, had given them his proposition

Hansol wondered if the guy was even Korean, even though his Korean was good. It must be his name, he thought.

As he finished with packing his stuff, he looked around for a familiar face, but felt slightly disappointed when the person he was looking for was nowhere to be seen.

Hansol had to admit that he enjoyed the short time that he had spent with Seungkwan, and he certainly looked forward to meeting the other again. He didn't know where Seungkwan had went, and he figured that the latter was probably at home.

He started to walk home, only to hear his name being called by someone. Hansol turned around and met a breathless Seungkwan. "Hey...are you alright there?"

"Yeah...um...can I get your number? I mean, we are friends after all," Seungkwan said a little bit too fast, but the younger could still make out what he was saying.

Hansol raised an eyebrow. "Well...okay." They quickly exchanged numbers.

"Thanks. I'll text you later, Hansol," Seungkwan grinned, causing Hansol to smile. 

"Okay." 

 

--

 

To say that Seungcheol never expected this would have been the understatement of the year. He was currently sitting across from Jeonghan in a café called ADORE U, which was a very cliche name. The café smelled like a mixture of lattes, frappuccinos, combined with the sweet aroma of freshly baked goods. The soft chatter heard from various customers at different tables contributed even more to the lively and simple atmosphere.

Nonetheless, Seungcheol was still very nervous. He'd barely spoken a word to Jeonghan, who had asked if he could eat with him at the ADORE U café so he won't look alone, and all he could think about was the time he'd mistaken Jeonghan for a girl and what Jeonghan's reaction would've been like if he found out that Seungcheol and his friends were the ones who pranked him.

Jeonghan had ordered for them, asking Seungcheol what he wanted to have. The older couldn't look Jeonghan in the eye as he told him what he wanted.

Now, as what they ordered were placed before them, Seungcheol did not feel like eating anything. 

"Dude, you've been acting weird since we came into this café," Jeonghan started, his voice startling Seungcheol.

"Uh..." the older started. Jesus Seungcheol, get a grip. "I'm just a little tired, that's all."

"Well, we all have those days. Hey, can I rant for a second?" Jeonghan asked. The older nodded. "So basically, when Summer started, I had to move to my grandma's place, as I usually do, and everything was great, as it was every Summer. Then I notice that my grandma's acting kinda weird, like she's keeping something from me, but I didn't pay any attention to it. I mean, she's weird."

Seungcheol's eyes stayed on the latte that he was holding.

"So, in the morning, like two days ago, grandma said that she had to go shopping. She left a note and everything. All of a sudden, a group of exterminators show up at her house. I knew something was up with them, but I didn't say anything because I didn't want to be rude. Then one of them assumed that I was a girl. I was so pissed off. I saw some bugs in the living room and I thought that our house was infested with bugs. Suddenly, a large beetle just popped our of the vent, scaring the out of me! I really hate bugs. I ran out, only to see that I'd been pranked and some hose freaking sprayed me. I got so angry and ran inside the house to look for those idiots, but they were gone! I told grandma about it and she just freaking laughed. Can you believe that?"

Seungcheol shook his head. "I'm sorry about that, Jeonghan."

"How did you know my name was Jeonghan?"

.

"Um, t-the waiter called your name, so..." the older answered.

"Woah...you are so jittery..."

"Seungcheol. That's my name."

"...Seungcheol. Well, Seungcheol, you have girly eyes," Jeonghan remarked, surprising the older. 

"Uh...thanks?"

"You're welcome. I feel like I've seen you before--"

"Nope, nope. You haven't," Seungcheol quickly added. He quickly on the straw attached to his latte. (Like this)

 

--

 

Journal Entry No. 4 (Summer Edition):

Date: July 1st 2017

I'm really anticipating this prank. Let's just hope that Taeyong isn't too angry. Who cares? We're gonna do it anyway!

 

--

 

Today was Lee Taeyong's birthday, a dance majoring student who was in Wonwoo's IT class. He was a chill and nice dude. Too bad his birthday fell on the date when the pranksters were doing their next prank.

Wonwoo was acquainted with the guy, and naturally, he was invited to his party. And it just so happened that Mingyu, Seungcheol and Hansol were also invited to the party.

The party officially started at 10, so the pranksters arrived a little earlier around 9, when there were a few people littering the grounds. Taeyong welcomed them, and went to check on some other people who were responsible for different aspects of the party.

"Do you have the playlist?" Hansol asked the apparent lord of playlists, Mingyu. The taller grinned.

"Of course. The people are in for one hell of a party."

"Don't curse, fetus," Hansol quickly said, shutting Mingyu's mouth. It resulted in the taller almost pushing him to the ground in surprise. This caught the attention of some of the people. Wonwoo and Seungcheol snickered.

"Ow," Hansol muttered, rubbing his arms.

"Never do that again, fetus," Mingyu answered, repeating Hansol's words. The younger just rolled his eyes.

"Okay guys," Seungcheol started, getting the others' attention. "The party starts at ten, so we need to switch the playlists, and if the DJ catches us, we need to convince him to play the playlist, okay?"

"Okay," everyone answered. Seungcheol smiled. Tonight was really going to be a night of laughs. At least that's what he hopes.

 

--

 

Wonwoo pulled down the cap the he had on his head, making sure that it covered most of his features. The dim lighting of the rooms helped in camouflaging him even more. 

The rest of his friends made sure that no one suspected them and were responsible for setting up their signature move at the end.

He heard that the DJ stayed in one of the rooms at the back and was setting up the equipment for the party. 

At the back, Wonwoo was faced with three doors, so he opened the first door to be met with a couple passionately making out. He widened his eyes, muttered a 'sorry' and quickly closed the door before they noticed him. The party hasn't even started yet, and they're already all over each other, he thought.

He looked through the second door and saw that the lighting was dim. I hope no one's doing something explicit in there. Wonwoo walked in, sighing in relief as he saw what looked to be equipment belonging to a DJ.

He didn't see anyone, so he tip-toed towards the table where it held the original playlist. He quickly took it, and replaced it with what Mingyu made. As soon as he was about to walk out, the door burst open and someone walked in, seeming to be talking to someone. 

Wonwoo quickly hid under the wide table, becoming as silent as possible. He hoped that none of his friends would try to call or text him.

"I already told you already, mom! I'm gonna achieve my dream of becoming a world class DJ, staring in Korea. I'm not going back to America! Not yet!" A male exclaimed. A pause, then a faint sound of a woman talking. "Mooom!" Silence. "Mom, my name's Joshua, not Jisoo. But mom--"

Wonwoo quickly turned off his phone, trying to see if there was a way to get out the room without being caught. 

 

--

 

"Guys. Wonwoo hyung's not picking up," Mingyu groaned for the nth time. The party had just started, and he, Hansol and Seungcheol had finished setting up. Wonwoo was nowhere to be seen. " I knew we shouldn't have made him switch the playlists. I should've done that instead. What if something bad happened to him?"

Seungcheol sighed. "Mingyu, Wonwoo's not a child, and he's very reliable. So stop worrying."

"Yeah," the youngest added. "I predict that he'll come right about--"

"Guys, you won't believe what just happened," Wonwoo gasped breathlessly as he suddenly showed up.

"--now. Wow, I'm good," Hansol grinned. Seungcheol then put him in a 'playful' headlock. "Ow!"

Wonwoo then told them about first meeting the couple who were really making out, receiving an 'eww' from Hansol, and then told them about how he was almost caught by the DJ who was too busy arguing with his mother to notice Wonwoo running out of the door. Thank god the door was slightly open.

 

--

 

The pranksters watched as the DJ, who Wonwoo named as 'Joshua' took his place on the stage. "How are you guys?!" He shouted, earning shouts from the people that crowded the dance floor.

He then proceeded to play the playlist, the first song, 'Ooh Aah' by TWICE, taking everyone by surprise. Well, mostly everyone. 

Taeyong looked shocked, and Joshua mirrored the birthday boy's reaction. "Umm, there seems to be some, uh, technical difficulties." 

Joshua then played the next song, which turned out to be 'Me Gustas Tu' by GFRIEND. More murmurs.

"Oh my god, I feel bad," Seungcheol says.

Joshua put it to the next song: 'Up and Down' by EXID. 

"Are the only songs on this playlist girl group songs?" Wonwoo asked Mingyu, bewildered. 

"Nope."

"This is so funny, right Seungcheol?" Hansol commented, purposely not adding 'hyung' to hear the eldest's reaction. There was none. "Seungcheol?"

Hansol, Wonwoo, Mingyu, as well as other people looked at the middle of the dance floor to see Seungcheol dancing to the song. (Link here)

Mingyu grinned as Seungcheol continued to dance. Soon enough, more and more people joined him, and soon, the dance floor was filled up. Joshua was happy, as song after song played and people responded positively to it.

Seungcheol then made his way to his friends. "I had to do that because I was feeling bad for that DJ."

Hansol laughed. "You did good, Seungcheol."

"Umm, excuse me. But where is the 'hyung', if I may ask?" Seungcheol requested, earning a laugh from all of them. 

Everything was going great.

 

--

 

As Seungcheol drove them home, Hansol used the opportunity to talk about what he had encountered at the Jam Jam skate park. He left out the part about Soonyoung and Minghao, as he figured that it was private information.

"Jun, as in Junhui? And he's the leader of the Tigers?" Mingyu asked. Hansol nodded. "I've seen him around school before."

"And I know him," Wonwoo said. "He's a friend of mine."

 

 

---

 

A/n: Jun and Wonwoo are buddies!

tumblr_o69ewcUwDc1qg5nyao1_r1_540.gif

And all hail DJ Joshua!

 tumblr_inline_ohkrvgABt11salc9e_500.gif