Relations + Reunions?

Check In (For The Summer)

Mingyu was really tired. He usually wasn't a person who got tired easily, since he had a lot of energy. But now, all the orange haired male wanted to do was to sleep.

After their prank on the DJ, which Seungcheol saved with his 'Awesome' dancing techniques, Mingyu had been feeling nothing short of sleepy. Then he had learned about Wonwoo's unexpected friendship with Junhui. He'd seen the Chinese male around the school grounds before, and they'd never talked unless they were put in groups together, and then again, Junhui never really talked in group projects. Also, Mingyu never saw Wonwoo talk to Junhui either, which meant that they probably hung out when he wasn't around.

Mingyu sighed as he his bed. He was still thinking about this. Mingyu then wondered about the possibility of Wonwoo dating Junhui. Wow, the orange haired male thought, I'm really thinking about this. But he couldn't stop thinking about it.

Mingyu remembered that around last year, Wonwoo had confidentially told him about his ual orientation. That he was biual. Mingyu promised to never tell anyone about it until his friend was ready, and to never judge him because of that. Mingyu himself wondered if even he himself was actually straight sometimes. He never questioned his uality until a few months ago.

He had been invited to come over at Wonwoo's home, which was huge for him since he'd never been in the older's house before, as he and his friends were always at his house. After he'd entered Wonwoo's big house, he headed straight to what seemed like Wonwoo's room, since Mingyu had like no sense of privacy whatsoever, leading him to see his friend in the process of taking out his shirt.

It shouldn't have been a big deal, since it wasn't the first time that Mingyu had seen Wonwoo shirtless, and he always teased the other about his 'small frame' before. Mingyu was joking, of course, but Wonwoo always took it personally, so the taller stopped saying those words.

But at that moment, all Mingyu could do was just stare like a creep. The older had his back turned to him, so Mingyu had a view of Wonwoo's broad back. Mingyu couldn't believe that hadn't noticed before, but his friend's body was toned, like really toned. He wondered if Wonwoo had been working out. He then remembered when Wonwoo had told him that he needed a change of clothes because the ones he had were getting too small, and the times when he saw that Wonwoo's arms were becoming more defined, and were starting to compete with Seungcheol's. He couldn't believe that he didn't notice before.

Wonwoo had then seen him and became startled. "Holy , Mingyu. You freaking scared me."

If there was a time that Mingyu had no words to say, that would have been it. Mingyu just started to blush, giving an awkward smile. "Uh, h-hey W-Wonwoo..."

Wonwoo then grinned, his face lighting up, and at that moment, Mingyu felt his heart beat faster than ever before.

Mingyu sighed again as he thought of that memory. Ever since that day, Mingyu had been feeling...weird whenever Wonwoo made physical contact with him, or smiled directly at him. Mingyu usually ignored that feeling, but now, all he could think about was Wonwoo. Wonwoo smiling. Wonwoo's weirdness. Wonwoo laughing. Wonwoo in glasses. Wonwoo looking low key embarrassed because of Mingyu's, Seungcheol's and Hansol's stupid moments. Wonwoo lying right next to him. Wonwoo holding his hands. Wonwoo taking care of him. Wonwoo's everything.

Mingyu immediately sat up from his bed. He had to make sure that Wonwoo and Junhui were not dating.

He grabbed his phone, and quickly called the older, pressing the phone to his ears. After a few rings, Wonwoo finally picked up.

"Hello? Mingyu, is that you?" Wonwoo asked. He sounded tired.

"Hey. Are you asleep?"

"Dude. It's freaking 11 pm."

The orange haired boy looked at the time on his phone, and it indeed was 11 pm. "Oh."

He could hear Wonwoo sigh. "Do you need something? Are you bored again?"

"N-No, I'm not," Mingyu started, nervously. "Uh, can I ask you about something?"

"Sure. What is it?"

"Uh...I huh...a few hours ago, you...uh, said that you were friends with Junhui, and you seem close with him. And I was wondering...maybe...if you guys were...uh...dating?" Mingyu then quickly added, "And I just want to let you know that it's okay, if you guys are, cause I don't mind. And if you guys aren't dating, that's also fine! You don't have to tell me or anything...no pressure..." 

It was clear that Mingyu was feeling incredibly nervous, and he knew that Wonwoo could probably tell.

The older was silent, then he chuckled. "Yeah, we are. It's okay with you, right?"

Mingyu felt his chest constrict and his heart sink. He didn't know why he was feeling so disappointed. "Uh, okay. Good for you hyung, I guess."

"Mingyu, I was only kidding," Wonwoo answered, already noting the change in Mingyu's tone. 

The younger felt as if a weight had been lifted off his chest, and he grinned. "Really? Why'd you do that? If you were here I would have hit you with my pillow!"

"You wouldn't. I'd freaking beat you with it if you tried!" Wonwoo laughed along with his friend. They were then enveloped in a comfortable silence. "Okay, Mingyu. It's time to go to sleep now. I'm tired."

"But hyung--"

"No buts. I need my beauty sleep."

"What beauty sleep?" Mingyu joked.

"Yah!"

"Yeah, whatever. Get your beauty sleep so that you can keep on looking beautiful." The orange haired male quickly realized what he just said. "Gotta go. Bye," he added, hanging up on a confused Wonwoo.

Gosh, the younger thought, what is wrong with me today?

 

--

 

Hansol was back at the Jam Jam skate park, this time with his friends. As soon as he got there, he immediately went over to Seungkwan's side, where they started to take turns skating boarding.

Seungcheol was challenged to a skate boarding competition by Soonyoung, and the former agreed, eager to show off his skills. Mingyu, Wonwoo, Jooheon and Jihoon had bets on who was going to win, even bringing money on the line.

"I bet fifty bucks that Seungcheol's gonna lose," Jooheon snickered.

"No way, Seungcheol's going to crush him!" exclaimed Mingyu. "I even bet a hundred buc--"

Wonwoo quickly covered the taller's mouth and whispered in his ear. "Mingyu, what the heck! You can't bet a hundred dollars!"

The orange haired male just rolled his eyes. "Stop being lame, hyung! Obviously, Seungcheol's gonna win and I won't have to pay a hundred dollars. It's called science!"

"No it's not," Wonwoo answered, but Mingyu was not listening.

"I bet a hundred bucks that Soonyoung's going to lose!" Mingyu exclaimed.

Jihoon grinned mischievously while Jooheon's eyes glistened. "Are you sure?" the shorter asks. "Because when Soonyoung wins, you have to pay it."

"Oh I'm sure, Jihoon. A 100% sure that Seungcheol's going to win, and he will win," Mingyu sneered. 

Wonwoo could only hope that Seungcheol won.

 

--

 

An overconfident Mingyu was reduced to an anxious Mingyu as the scores of Seungcheol and Soonyoung's matches were very close to each other's.

Hansol knew that this would happen, as he knew that they were both great skate boarders. Most of the people had stopped skating along time ago, now concentrated on the intense match happening in front of them.

Wonwoo saw that Mingyu was getting incredibly nervous, and boy, was he loud when he was nervous. Anytime Soonyoung beat Seungcheol, or Seungcheol won, the orange haired male would cup his hands around his lips, shouting either, "SEUNGCHEOL! YOU CAN DO IT, NOW ING WIN!" , "CONCENTRATE SEUNGCHEOL, BECAUSE I HAVE FREAKING MONEY ON THE LINE HERE!", or, "IF YOU WIN, I'LL CALL YOU HYUNG FOREVER, THAT'S HOW FREAKING SERIOUS I AM!" and clap his already large hands really loudly.

Wonwoo didn't know how Seungcheol was able to focus through all that.

Finally, the competition was done, and no one ended up winning, which was a relief to Wonwoo, but not to Mingyu, as the latter slumped to his knees in an overdramatic way, prompting Wonwoo to roll his eyes.

"I almost freaking destroyed my vocal chords, and no one ended up winning. Life has no meaning now," Mingyu mumbled. Wonwoo knelt down to face Mingyu as the other watched him with sad eyes, and flicked the taller on his forehead, getting an 'Ow!' in response.

"Stop being so dramatic," said Wonwoo, as Hansol made his way over to them, bringing Seungkwan along.

"Guys, this is Seungkwan. I met him here a few days ago. Seungkwan, this is Wonwoo and Mingyu," Hansol introduced. He asked Wonwoo with his eyes why Mingyu was currently kneeling down, to which Wonwoo just shrugged.

"Hello, Seungkwan. Sorry I can't talk more, I'm just sad right now," Mingyu pouted. Seungkwan nodded.

"Hey, as you know my name's Wonwoo and this is my overdramatic friend--stop whining, Mingyu, and stand up!"

"Should we intervene?" asked Seungkwan as he and Hansol watched as Wonwoo was trying to pull Mingyu up into a standing position, while the taller was trying to crawl away from the shorter.

"Nope. You won't believe how normal this is," Hansol commented, walking away with his friend.

 

--

 

As the pranksters went into a book store called 'Boom Boom' because the Literature of the store 'will blow you out of this world' , Mingyu started complaining about the fact that he had to give half his money because Seungcheol nor Soonyoung won, to which Hansol replied that he also got fifty bucks from Jooheon, shutting Mingyu up. Only for the taller to start complaining about why they have to be in a library and why did 'Wonwoo had to drag me into a boring place like this???'.

Wonwoo ignored him, however, and told the others to get a seat while he looked for the book that he wanted. As the other friends sat, two people came into the library.

Seungcheol's eyes widened and narrowed when he spotted Seokmin, who was walking next to Chan.

"What are they doing here?" Hansol asked. Mingyu shrugged, freezing up when Chan spotted them.

Chan smiled, and walked closer to them. "Hey, guys. We meet again. This is my cousin, Lee Seokmin."

Seokmin's grin was wiped off his face when he saw Seungcheol. "What is he doing here?"

"I think I should be asking you that," Seungcheol snapped back.

"This is so going to be a long day," Hansol muttered.

 

 

---

 

 

A/n: Seungcheol and Seokmin's relationship can be summarized like this:

 242638-seventeen-dk-gif.gif