Jealousy and Happiness

Summer Job

“Yah! DooJoon-gun! Mi Eun-ah!”

 

“Ne?” Both of them echoed with a bored voice.

 

“Here is your salary for the month. There are no extra bonuses so don’t expect anything much.” The boss said.

 

“Kamsahamida!” DooJoon said first.

 

“Oh. DooJoon-gun, you have been more efficient than I have expected you to be. How’s the sale of your new album? The one with the… what’s the name? Lights turn off again?”

 

“Ahh. The sales are good. And it’s called “Lights Go On Again” not lights turn off again.”

 

“Really? I was kind of thinking. Since you’ve came the business of our store have became better. There have been a lot more ah… ahem… teenage girls coming to eat. So. I was thinking maybe you can call your members and manager over and we’ll have a congratulatory party for you all.”

 

“NE?!?!?!” DooJoon exclaimed in surprise? Is the boss okay? He’s offering a FREE celebration?! Maybe this is not the boss. Do the boss have a twin?

 

“Sure. I appreciate that. Thanks hyung!” DooJoon said with a goofy grin.

 

---

“Yah! YoSoebbie! Gather all the guys tonight and meet at my workplace. The boss offered a free celebration for the success of our new album.” DooJoon said into his phone enthusiastically.

 

As he hung up, he caught Mi Eun peeking at him. “What?”

 

“Aniyo. You look happy. It’s funny though. The boss don’t actually give out free stuff like this. Wanna bet? He has a motive.” Mi Eun replied jokingly.

 

“Motive? Yah. I think you watch too much CSI. You gonna join us tonight?”

 

“Of Course. It’s dinner, and it’s free.” Mi Eun replied with a crooked smile.

 

Things have been rather awkward with Mi Eun since that night after they played Netball. Mi Eun was hot and cold, and it seemed that their relationship have not developed at all. When DooJoon will think that they are taking steps forward, the next day mi Eun makes sure they take two steps back. DooJoon feels hopeless and helpless, but is unable to break free from Mi Eun’s attraction. Her voice, her smile, her face lures him in. *I must be sick. VERY SICK!* DooJoon thought.

 

“Oppa. Are all the B2ST members coming here tonight?”

 

“Oh. Yeah. Why?”

“Ani. Nothing. I just thought that… well… DongWoonie oppa’s hot.”

 

“Mwo?!?!” DooJoon exclaimed, surprised.

 

“I’ll go out first. See you later.” Mi Eun said with a shy smile.

 

*Why haven’t I thought of this before? Crap. I’m such an idiot. Should I cancel? Ahh. DongWoonie?!?!?! Seriously? Mi Eunnie likes DongWoonie? What if they end up dating? What about me? Andwaeyo!!!!* DooJoon thought as he tried to not freak out.

 

---

 

“HYUNG!!! YAH! WE’RE HERE!!!” DongWoon said as he saw his hyung.

 

*Uhh… they’re here. Where’s Mi Eunnie. I gotta get to her before DongWoonie does! Where? Where?*

 

“Oh! You boys came. Enjoy yourselves tonight eh?” Boss said.

 

“Ahh…. Let me introduce. This is my boss. Boss, these are my members.” DooJoon introduced awkwardly.

 

“So BEAST! Annyeonghaseyo Hyung-nim! B2ST imnida!” Members of B2ST echoed in unison.

 

“Hmmm? DooJoon ah. Where are the other employees? Where’s the girl you told us that you thought was hot?” JunHyung said. Rather loudly actually.

 

“YAHH! Shut up!” DooJoon interrupted, Embarrassed.

 

“Ahh. You must be talking about Mi Eunnie. She went on an errand for me. Wae? DooJoon likes her?” the Boss said, shooting DooJoon a look while raising his eyebrows.

 

“Ani! I don’t like her. I mean. Not like like but like. It’s just. She’s a nice girl and she looks nice. I mean. Pretty.” DooJoon said, while sentence structuring and coherence flowed out of his mind.

 

“Boss! I’m back!” Mi Eun said, but she caught sight of B2ST members “Oh! Annyeonghaseyo! I’m Mi Eun. I’m working with DooJoon here. Hi.”

 

“Annyeong Mi Eun-shii! I’m Yo-“

 

“YoSeob. I know. I mean… You’re B2ST.” Mi Eun replied.

 

“Oh? Are you a fan?” HyunSeung asked curiously.

 

“Uhhh… yeah…” Mi Eun replied shyly.

 

“REALLY?! Then who do you like most? I mean. Who’s your biased or something like that? HyunSeung continued.

 

“Ehh…… I…”

 

DOOJOON TO THE RESCUE!!! DooJoon thought as he said “Aigoo. HyunSeunggie-ah. Don’t stress her out.”

 

“Then who do you think is the best looking?” HyunSeung asked, determined to get an answer from Mi Eun.

 

“Ehmmm….. Actually I think that-“

 

“Same! We’re all the same!” DooJoon cut in, afraid to hear things that he doesn’t want to.

 

As the group walked further into the store, DooJoon caught Mi Eun’s glance as she looked over at DongWoon. Then, DooJoon walked up straight to Mi Eun, and wedged himself between DongWoon and Mi Eun.

 

*She’s mine. She can only have eyes for Me.* DooJoon thought.

 

---

 

“YAH! This is the best! You can eat meat till you’re full!! YOONDOO! You’re so lucky; you get to eat meat everyday!” YoSeob said in delight and envy.

 

“Sure YoSeob-gun! You can eat to your fill tonight. Take it as a celebration on the success of your album.”

 

“Kamsahamnida!” YoSeob said as he dug in.

 

“Mi Eun-ah! Eat more. You’re too thin.” DooJoon said as he placed a piece of meat into Mi Eun’s bowl.

 

“I’m not thin. And you should eat too.” Mi Eun said as she also placed a piece of meat into DooJoon’s bowl.

 

“OHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DooJoon ayyyy!!!!!!!!!!” the B2ST members teased, but DooJoon couldn’t be bothered.

 

The night carried on with joy and laughter, and DooJoon’s continued interference of interaction between DongWoon and Mi Eun. (LOL!)

 

“Yah! Boys look here!” the B2ST members turned, as they were greeted by a flash.

 

“What was that?!” JunHyung complained.

 

“I was thinking if I placed your pictures here I’ll have more business. Show me your best meat face boys!” the boss said, as he pressed on the camera’s buttons furiously. The restaurant turned into a photoshoot area.

 

---

 

“See? I told you. The boss has a motive.” Mi Eun said to DooJoon in the employees’ area, after the B2ST members left and Boss was counting their earnings for the day.

 

“Guess you were right. I lost the bet. Tell me what you want.” DooJoon said.

 

“You.” Mi Eun said simply.

 

One word, but hell a lot of impacts. It got DooJoon’s heart beating twice as fast, breathing thrice as fast and caused him to blush. At a time like this, he felt like singing - i can't take my breath breath breath~ - which definitely applied here.

 

“Ahaha! I was just joking oppa. You look like a small boy when you blush. CUTE!!!” Mi Eun mused. “Actually, I haven’t thought of that. I’ll let you know once I’ve thought of it.”

 

“Ehh….” Was all DooJoon could manage.

 

“Guess I’ll be going now. See you tomorrow.” Mi Eun said.

 

“Sure. See You!” DooJoon replied, as he tried to slow down his breathing and tame his heart.

 

As Mi Eun almost reached the exit, she said to DooJoon “Oppa. About what Hyunseung oppa was asking just now….”

 

“What about it?” DooJoon asked nervously. This was a make or break situation. She is either going to say something that makes him happy and dance crazily or something that will make him upset and smash things at home.

 

“You…” Mi Eun said in a shy voice, thankful that she could hide her blush from DooJoon.

 

“Mwo?”

 

“Bye oppa! See you tomorrow.” Mi Eun said, as she rushed out of the store.

 

---

 

You… You… YOU!!!!! The word keep repeating in his head. Be it when Mi Eun said that she wanted him, or when she said when she’s about to exit. When she exited, she said you. You as in her biased is you or you are the most good looking? DooJoon asked himself in his brain.

 

“Yah. You ok?” *You! JunHyung said a YOU!* DooJoon thought.

 

“YAH! If you did not realize, you’ve been sitting at the same spot and laughing to yourself. You got hit by a car on your way home or something? YAHH! DooJoon-ah!” JunHyung said, as the leader is making him more and more worried.

 

“JunHyung!” the leader shouted loudly ,making all the members run out to them, as he sprang to his feet. “SARANGHAE!!!!”

 

“MWO!!!!!” JunHyung stood rooted to the ground, trying to shake the gross feeling that is crawling all over him.

 

As DooJoon bounced in front of YoSeob, he shouted. “YOSEOBBIE!!!!! SARANGHAE!!!”

 

“MWO?!?!?! YAHH! DooJoon-ah. Are you okay?!”

 

“GiKWANG!!!! SARANGHAE!!!”

 

GiKwang stood there staring, stunned.

 

“HyunSeung! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!” DooJoon yelled, as he pinched HyunSeunggie’s cheeks.

 

“Aigoo! Let go of me!  Are you drunk? What’s with that? Oh My Gosh.”

 

Last but not least…

 

“DONGWOONIE!!!!! SARANGHAE! Here!” DooJoon exclaimed as he planted a kiss on DongWoon’s cheek.

 

“HYUNG!!!!! EWWWWW!” DongWoon yelled after his love-struck hyung, as he wiped his hand over his cheek. “ I’m going to wash my face. Or I’ll have pimples tomorrow!”

 

---

 

“Mi Eun! Saranghae!” DooJoon muttered, as he went back to lie on his bed, waiting for the next time he can hear her voice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sorry readers for not updating for so long. I’ve been rather busy this week. SORRY!!!! This chapter is slightly longer, and I may add in another chapter today. So… STAY TUNED!!! I LOVE YOU READERS! LOL! today’s been an “ILY day” for me. I don’t know why. HAHAHA! Be nice and add comments(: