Her House

Summer Job

“Oh. DooJoon oppa! Good Morning. Have you eaten?” Mi Eun asked with a radiant smile spread over her face.

 

 She didn’t know how this was possible, but she was looking forward to work since yesterday night. Perhaps it was DooJoon, or maybe it was to escape the loneliness of being home alone. But it definitely was not because of the boss. Nope. Today was a smiling day for her. She smiled to everyone on her way to work, earning back a few smiles herself.

 

“Oh! Mi Eunnie! Annyeong! Did you miss me? I missed you.” DooJoon replied. “You look better today.”

 

“Yup! I’m in a good mood today oppa! I can’t wait for work to begin. Can’t wait to be watching the nice customers. WHOOPEEE!!!” Mi Eun said.

 

“Ehh??? You’re in a good mood today eh? You sure it’s not sugar rush? You’ve ate more than half of the ice cream yesterday.” DooJoon joked.

 

As Mi Eun was about to reply, their boss, Mr. Choi, called for them.

 

“Mi Eun-ah! DooJoon gun!”

 

---

 

 

“I’m sorry for you guys to come here for nothing today. I have to go for this wedding celebration of a friend and I’m not going to open the shop today. Sorry. I got to ask you guys to leave. Oh. And because you are not working today I won’t be giving you pay for today. Alright? It’s an order. So, I guess I’ll see you tomorrow, same time. Don’t you dare be late or I’ll deduct your pay.” Boss said, while giving DooJoon a warning look.

 

“Ne.” both employees chirped, and their excitement and content all printed over their faces.

 

---

 

“YAYYYYYYY!!! This makes the day so much better. WOOOHOOOO!” Mi Eun shouted as they reached the employees area.

 

“Yeah. This is the best.” DooJoon agreed, amazed by the smile on Mi Eun’s face, that made him feel warmth and sparks all over his body.

 

“so… where are you going? Back to practice I guess?”

 

“Hmmm…. The day’s so nice and the weather is great… Uhh… I feel like crooking…. Where are you going?” DooJoon asked.

 

“I was thinking to the netball centre today. To put in some shots and do some exercise. I’ve not played for a really long time, so yeah. Besides. The weather is really good. It’s an exercise-kind-of-day today.”

 

“Really? Do you mind if I go with you? I mean… I really don’t feel like going back for practice today. And… We can spend more time together and learn more about each other to……….” DooJoon thought hard, but his mind was coming up with things like date in future, fall in love… “Bond better to improve quality of work.” He finally said. *God…. Why let this happen to me…..*

 

“Sure I don’t mind. But I gotta go home to grab some stuff first. Do you wanna follow me? Or do you wanna go back to your dorm to get your stuff before we meet?”

 

“Go to your house!” DooJoon said excitedly. “I always have an extra set of clothes in my bag.” As he pointed to his large bag pack.

 

“Okay. Let’s go! Go Go Go!!!!” Mi Eun replied with another smile that was beginning to melt DooJoon.

 

---

 

“Yah~ your house is so pretty. Are you sure your parents won’t mind me coming without their permission?” DooJoon asked, his eyes still wondering around the pretty house.

 

Mi Eun’s house was simple, with a small kitchen, where DooJoon could imagine her cooking, and baking cookies there. Her living room was simple, with a flat-screened TV, hanged onto the wall. A small love-seat and a small coffee table. The house was really clean, not a dust in sight. A small balcony, with a view that was breath-taking. The balcony had a small white swing attached to the balcony, and he could just picture Mi Eun sitting in there, reading her favourite novel. He was so deep in thought that he did not hear her.

 

“Ani… I live here alone. Oppa. Oppa? OPPA!!!!”

 

“Mwo mwo?”

 

“Aigoo. This is the second time I gotta yell at you like that. Do you really like my house so much?”

 

“Yes. It’s so amazing. It’s my first time to a girl’s house by the way. I guess that’s why it’s so amazing to me.” DooJoon replied, as he was once again taken over by the house again, imagining Mi Eun at every corner of the house, be it reading, dazing or just simply sleeping.

 

“Yeah. This is the first time a guy have came to my house actually.” First time anyone even came into my house before. Mi Eun added. “Okay. I’m gonna go get my stuff now. Give me a minute.”

 

“Oh. Mi Eun-ah. Is it ok if I see your room?” See your personal belongings, those that you’ve touched, smelled, looked at.

 

“Wh what? My room? I…..” Mi Eun was slightly taken aback by DooJoon’s request. Nobody has even been in her house before. Not to say her room. The most private room in her house. The place where she’ve cried in and laughed in.

 

“Please? Please.”

 

“I… I guess…… so.” Mi Eun replied.

 

“Really? Let’s go. Hurry!” DooJoon exclaimed, placing his hands on Mi Eun’s shoulders unknowingly, driving her to her room.

 

---

 

“This is it.” Mi Eun said nervously. What will he think of it? Will he dislike it? What should I do if he hates it? Is the room clean? Will there be any clothes on the floor? Is my bed made up? AHHH!

 

WOW.” Was all he can say. “WOW.” He said again.

 

Her room was the same as the rest of her house. Clean, simple, painted in white. Except that this room is huge and everything is exposed. One half of the room was her bedroom and the other was her studying area, divided by a glass panel. Her bedroom side has a huge bed it the middle of it, with a large framed picture of her hanged above the bed frame. She had 2 closets leaning onto the wall of her room. There was a make-up table nearer to the glass divider. On the studying area side, she had a work desk, with an Apple Macintosh laptop on it, with a work lamp. Shelves and shelves of books filled up the empty spaces of the wall, and the smell of books was soothing to DooJoon. The most important thing was that the whole room as so exposed. Even the toilet door was made of glass and everything can be seen.

 

“Well. This is it. It’s not really well decorated, but yeah. I’ve been thinking of redecorating everything…” Mi Eun said, but was cut-off by DooJoon.

 

“Are you serious? This is the nicest room I’ve ever seen! Really! But… What about your parents’ room? Are they so big as well?”

 

“Ehmm… I live alone. I guess you didn’t hear me just now. They…….”

 

“Mi Eunnie-ah.  Mianhe.  I shouldn’t have talked about the sad memories. I’m sure they are looking over you in heaven.” DooJoon said, hoping that he have not upset her.

 

“Heaven? No they’re not dead. They just…… left.” Mi Eun said, and when she felt that she was starting to tear up she changed the topic.” Ehmm oppa? I gotta go change. Do you wanna wait for me outside?”

 

“Ahh. Sure.” DooJoon replied, afraid to ask any further. Mi Eun had a weird expression when she mentioned her parents. And what do she mean that they just left? DooJoon thought over and over in his head.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

CHAPTER 4(: I’m quite happy with this chappieeee! Heehee. Hope that you all liked it as well. Inspirations are flowing especially well today. I may update again later. 2 chapters in a day. How great! Haha!(: Love all you readers! Ohh! Thoughts of the characters will be in italics from now on.