The Promise.

Summer Job

 “WAHH! I’ve missed this place! Hurry! Let’s go.” Mi Eun exclaimed, as she breathed in the familiar smell of the court. This place was second home to her, and she could remember her training everyday in the courts, training her fitness, agility, defense and attack.

 

DooJoon was caught off guard on how pretty she looked when the sunlight shone onto her face, surrounding her like a blanket of gold. She really looked like an angel descended from the skies. His personal angel.

 

“Yah! Wait up for me.” DooJoon yelled after her.

 

---

 

“Wanna play? Even though it’s different from soccer. You get to use your hands.” Mi Eun said, with an anticipating heart. She cannot wait to hit the court and play the game she have been familiar with since young.

 

“Why not? But what are the rules?”

 

“Well… since there’re only two of us here, then maybe we can play defending and shooting? One of us will try to shoot but the other will try to prevent the shot from getting in. How’s that sound? Ohh. You can’t run with the ball.” Mi Eun suggested.

 

“You start first. I’ll defend.” DooJoon replied, as he took off his sweater.

 

Mi Eun began shooting. First few shots were always off, but as she began to warm up, her shots became more accurate. DooJoon have to admit. She was good.

 

“Yah! This is no fun. You always get the ball in.” DooJoon whined.

 

“Then try to get the ball, oppa!” Mi Eun mused.

 

Then when she was about to put in the next shot, she was tackled by DooJoon. His hands on her waist, pulling her towards the ground. Mi Eun was not fast enough to react and in the next instant, she fell on DooJoon, with his arms still around her waist. She struggled to turn around, to be met with DooJoon’s gaze. Both of them were breathing hard because of the workout. DooJoon’s gaze sent tingles all over her body, making her feel warm all over. It seemed like an eternity have passed before she finally wired her brain correctly and managed.

 

“Oppa! That was a foul. No contact.” Mi Eun said, as felt a light blush rising to her cheeks.

 

“Hmm? I like contact sports.” DooJoon said, not joking, eyes serious.

 

“Then it must hurt.” Mi Eun began standing up, and changing the topic. “Okay. Your turn. I’ll defend.”

 

They spent the whole afternoon playing and working out, and it was soon dark.

“Oppa. Do you wanna go have dinner now? It’s dark already and I’m kinda tired. We’ve been playing since 2. Let’s go. I know of a really good café around here.”

 

“Yeah okay. Let’s go. I’m starving.” DooJoon replied, grinning.

 

They walked next to each other, quietly, but the silence was not awkward at all. Then suddenly by an I-don’t-know-what driving force, DooJoon grabbed Mi Eun’s hands and twined his fingers into hers. Mi Eun was slightly surprised and tried to withdraw her hand but DooJoon held it tight.

 

“Your hands are cold. Oppa will warm it for you.” DooJoon said, without meeting her eyes. Since when did I had such courage. I didn’t know I could do such things. Amazing.

 

Mi Eun did not say anything then and they continued to walk like this, hand in hand, till they reach the café.

 

But inside Mi Eun was another ongoing war. She was a mix of emotions – elated, frightened, tempted, angry and excited. She didn’t feel like this when that jerk touched her. It was a whole new feeling and she couldn’t differentiate whether it is a good or bad feeling. Was skinship good or bad?

 

---

 

 

“Annyeonghaseyo. Table for 2?”

 

“Ne. Can we have a seat that is more private? Away from the windows and entrance. Thanks.” Mi Eun said, afraid that DooJoon would be seen and afraid of attracting fans.

 

When they settled into their seats, the employee gave them the menus, and asked. “Are you two a couple? Because we have a special promotion now. You can get a free drink if you two are a couple, and you can prove it by doing something really easy.”

 

“Which is?” DooJoon asked curiously.

 

“You have to give your girlfriend here a kiss on her cheek and take a picture for us to hang on our hall of lovers.” The staff replied politely.

 

?! “Ani. We’re not dating. So we’re not a couple. Thanks.” Mi Eun said to the waitress.

 

After they finished ordering their food, they sat across each other, DooJoon looking at Mi Eun, but Mi Eun looking away at somewhere else, refusing to make eye contact.

 

-DooJoon’s POV-

 

. We’re not dating. So we’re not a couple. Thanks.” Mi Eun said to the waitress. Aishh…

 

DooJoon was a little upset by Mi Eun’s comments. Why is she so hot and cold. We’re not dating? Was I a little too much just now? Holding her hands? She wouldn’t even look at me now. Was she angry? Offended? Ahh…… Did I scare her off? Shucks….

-End of POV-

 

The night continued, with each other saying little. DooJoon was feeling more and more worried and frustrated as time passes.

 

---

 

“Mi Eunnie-ah. Do you wanna follow me back to the dorm? It’s already late and I’ll be worried if you go home alone.” DooJoon offered.

 

“No.” was her reply.

 

“Ah…ahhhh. Okay. Then. Do you want me to send you home?”

 

“No.”

 

“Okayyy…… Then I’ll go back now I guess.”

 

“No.”

 

WHAT DO SHE WANT? NO NO NO?!!?!?! DooJoon thought.

 

“Then….. what do you wanna do?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

“Let’s go to the park then.” DooJoon searched hard for a place to go but that was all he can come up with.

 

She nodded, and they went to the park. They sat on one of the benches, and even though it was cold, DooJoon didn’t mind. It was already 10 at night. It was getting colder. Just when DooJoon was about to suggest for them to go home, he felt Mi Eun’s head on his shoulder.

 

Hmm. She fell asleep. Was I that boring? But on closer look, Doojoon was once again attracted into her beauty. He admired her long eyelashes and her rosy cheeks.

 

“Oppa. Gajima. Don’t leave me please. I need you. Don’t leave me hanging.” Mi Eun sleep talked.

“Oppa…..” DooJoon’s eyes widened in surprise as he saw Mi Eun’s tears fall.

 

Oppa? Ex-boyfriend? what did that guy do to her? DooJoon thought as an outraging rage filled him. Nobody should be treating a girl like this. Not any girl, especially HIS girl. His heart broke for her as each tear fell. He pulled her closer into him, and yearning to give him all his love and take away all her pain. When he brought her home, and when he reached home, his heart was heavy all throughout.

 

---

 

“Hyung! Why are you so late?” DongWoon said as the leader returns home.

 

“I was busy.”

 

“Till so late?! I thought the shop closes at 9?” YoSeob asked with a concerned voice.

 

“Yeah it closes at 9. I’m tired. I’ll go shower.”

 

“Mwo?” YoSeob asked but DooJoon did not reply.

 

YoSeob knew something was wrong with his best friend. DooJoon wasn’t his old cheery self. He wanted to know what happened, but was blocked out by DooJoon. He was worried for his buddy.

 

---

 

The hot water hit DooJoon like a refreshing drink of water. It lifted some of the heaviness off DooJoon’s heart and it relaxed his muscles. He was still worried about Mi Eun and whether she was still crying or not. She was quiet throughout their whole ride home.

He turned off the tap and walked to the mirror. Looking at his refelction, he said.

 

“Yah. You. Yes. You, Yoon Doo Joon. You’ll swear to protect Mi Eun from any other harms from now on you hear me? See her cry another time and it’ll be 200 push-ups for you. You got it?”

 

Mi Eunnie-ah. Oppa will protect you from now on. Trust me. Alright? Hope you have sweet dreams and saranghae.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

There. Another chapter. Okay. That’s my limit for today. My shoulders are already aching from typing so much. Anticipate for the next chappieee readers(:  Oh! I repeat the question from the chapter. Was skinship good or bad? HEEHEE!!!