I Still Love You;

Summer Job

“So, do we all agree that we should go look for SaJangNim tomorrow?” YoSeob confirmed with the rest of his 4 group members.

 

“Ne.” the B2ST members chorused in unison.

 

“Okay. So…. Anyone’s got any idea what to say?”

 

“Hmm… We should use aegyo! Hyung! You can show your aegyo since you look the cutest in the group!” DongWoon said to YoSeob, earning an ‘I’ll-Kill-You’ look from YoSeob

 

“Aniya… Yah. How about – ‘I’ll kill you if you don’t allow DooJoon and MiEun to date!’?” JunHyung suggested, an evil grin plastered over his face.

 

“JunHyung-ah…. We don’t want to attract attention or let B2UTY know about MiEun. They’ll eat her alive.” HyunSeung reminded.

 

“Oh yeah…” JunHyung’s diabolical plan was aborted. “Guess I’ll just stick with playing boxing on Wii then…..”

 

“How about….. We make SaJangNim drunk, and try to convince him when he’s in that state? We can videotape it for evidence.” GiKwang said.

 

“Aishh…. Fool will be a fool. How can the boss still remain conscious when he’s drunk? Besides, SajangNim can hold his liquor well. It might be us that end up KO-ed.” JunHyung rejected.

 

“MWO?! WHO DID YOU CALL A FOOL! YAHH!” GiKwang shouted, earning shushes from the group.

 

“Stop it. Both of you… I was thinking… maybe we can use the most simple plan of all.” YoSeob said.

 

“Which is?” The rest of the members asked, leaning in towards YoSeob.

 

“Beg and plead.”

 

---

 

MiEun turns on the light to her bathroom, as the entire cubicle light up instantly. Staring into the mirror, she saw a familiar-looking girl, with cheeks that are pale, eyes that were empty and hollow, red and slightly swollen. Her hair stuck to her face, lifeless and dull. Her breathing was ragged because every breath she took in was like a stab straight to the heart. She changed into shorts and a baggy t-shirt before heading to bed.

 

As she walks out of the toilet, her eyes caught on something. Two smiling faces grinned back at her, without any worries or sadness. Another one showed her being piggybacked, the goofy grin on his face that could chase away all the dark clouds in the sky. She continued, silently observing every single detail in the photographs, as each piece of their memory rip her heart open. She carried on, reliving every single moment as her tears fell. She reached the last photo, which showed them lying on the grass, with DooJoon planting a light kiss on her forehead. DooJoon… DooJoon.. She couldn’t handle her emotions anymore as she crouched into a small ball, and cried for everything. For letting another guy into her heart. For allowing him to break her heart once again. For believing that this time will be different. For giving in her all in their relationship.  For messing things up with him. For being so weak.

 

 

---

 

“But Sir! You didn’t see how upset hyung was the other night!” DongWoon argued.

 

“He’ll get over it. He’s a man.”

 

“Hyung! Please please please let DooJoon get back with MiEunnie, please!” YoSeob pleaded, channeling some of his aegyo in as well, hoping to gain approval from his boss.

 

“Hyung. I have never ever seen DooJoon so upset before. The fluctuating moods, the tears and the alcohol! When have you ever seen DooJoon drink beer?” JunHyung offered, trying to brainwash Mr Hong.

 

“Hyung! We…” HyunSeung said, but he was interrupted.

 

“YAH! WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING?!”

 

The five guys whipped their head around in surprise, only to discover a fuming (understatement) Yoon Leader at the door.

 

“Ahh. Hyung! We were just……. Asking for a pay raise?” KiKwang replied.

 

The rest of the members stared at the fool, mouth wide-open.

 

“All of you. Get out of that office. I will handle my problems on my own. I don’t need all of you to help me.” DooJoon snapped.

 

“Mwo? SO WE’RE OUTSIDERS TO YOU HUH.” JunHyung yelled.

 

“So what? I have my own privacy. You guys have no rights in it.” DooJoon shouted, glaring at JunHyung.

 

“Oh yeah? HOW ARE YOU GONNA SETTLE IT THEN?!” JunHyung taunted further.

 

DooJoon walked forward to Mr Hong’s table and pulled out an envelope.

 

“Simple. I quit.” DooJoon said peacefully. “I quit the group, I quit this company, I QUIT!”

 

---

 

“MiEun-ah!” YoSeob screamed into the phone.

“MWO?!” MiEun replied, irritated by the loud noise over at the other end.

“DOOJOON.. DOOJOON!: YoSeob exclaimed, unable to put his thoughts into words.

“I told you to not mention that name to me anymore. If there’s nothing else, I’ll-“

“HE’S QUITTING BEAST!” YoSeob finally spat out.

“What?”

“DooJoon, he’s quitting the group. Just to be together with you. Please stop him. We cannot carry on without a leader. Please I beg of you.” YoSeob begged over the phone.

“I…” MiEun hesitated.

--

She rushes out of the door, but the photo caught her eye again. She walked over to it, and traced her finger over his face.

“I still love you.”