First Day

Summer Job

“Ahh. Hyung! I really need this job!”

 

“Wae?! Aren’t you already a singer? You definitely will earn more money singing than working here.”

 

“Ahh hyung! Please! Let me try out for a day then you can rate me on my work and then see whether to employ me or not.”

 

“Ani Ani. This job is not suitable for you. What happens if you get into trouble with your President? No No.”

 

“Hyung… I really want this job. I REALLY LOVE MEAT!!!! I can even differentiate between the different types of meat and the different parts of meat. I REALLY WANT THIS JOB!”

 

“AISH! Fine! i’ll test-run you for a day and if anything goes wrong, that’s it. YOU HEAR ME?!?!?!”

 

“Ne hyung! I’ll definitely do my best!”

 ---

 

As he turned around to go to the employees’ area, DooJoon had a wide smile plastered over his face.

“Assa! Finally. I can finally not depend on my talents and looks to get money.  Maybe I’ll call my BEAST members over for a celebration tonight.” He said to himself.

 

“You do know that employees don’t have discounts right?”

 

DooJoon jumped and immediately turned around, to be met with a girl with a face that matched with the angels in heaven.

 

“Yah! You gave me a shock. Don’t do that!” DooJoon hesitated and said softly, “Are there really no discounts?”

 

“Haha. Yeah there are no discounts.” signaling for him to come closer, she whispered into his ear,” The boss is a miser. Don’t ever let him catch you taking breaks or he’ll terminate you.”

 

DooJoon was shocked at how close her lips were to his face and he can’t help but to feel awkward and shy.

 

“Uhh? Oppa? Are you okay? You look kinda red. Ehh? Oppa?” DooJoon did not hear her calls and continued to think of how close she was to him.

 

“OPPA!!!!!”

 

“Mwo? Mwo?”

 

“HAHA! You look cute when you’re shy. I’m Mi Eun by the way. Park Mi Eun.”

 

“Ohh. Annyeong. I’m…”

 

“Yoon Doo Joon. Ne. I know you. But here, I’m your senior so don’t mess around or I’ll have to report you to the boss.” Mi Eun said jokingly with a smile that made DooJoon’s heart had an erratic jump.

 

Mi Eun turned and left the room, with DooJoon left alone.

 

He took in her features -  Eyes that are shining and clear with energy. Lips that tempted him. Cheeks that were pink and that made her look like a doll from a fairytale come true. Long and beautiful hair that were drawn up into a casual ponytail. A figure that can make all eyes turn towards her. Most importantly, he was drawn in by  her character.

 

DooJoon was surrounded by superficial people who wanted to be his friends because of his fame and money. They all had a hidden agenda. But her? Wow. She was the first that approached him without a hidden motive or purpose. He could sense that she was pure and sincere like a crystal. That was what attracted him to her.

 

“This cannot be the case. I just met her 15 minutes ago. Dude! Focus focus focus or you’re gonna lose this job. Alright? You can’t like her anyway. Even though she is the most beautiful girl you’ve seen? Andwae. No matter how her personality outshined the others? NO WAY!!! Focus Yoon Doo!” it was like there’s an internal war going inside him. Oh man…. Guess it’ll be another single summer…