Jimin

Single Dads

Our daughter was barely born when she decided that I was no longer what she wanted. The marriage kept us legally bound, but her heart was with her ex. 

She came to me 3 months after our daughter had been born and let me know she was pregnant again...and that it obviously wasn't mine.

She wanted me to pretend it was mine and try to fix our broken family... apparently her ex was still the noncommital type.

I answered her plea to fix our broken marriage with divorce papers. 

She ran away and the last time I saw her was when she dropped off our daughter's half brother on my doorstep and ran away.

So now I have 2 kids... and as much as I wish I could hate her son, I know that he needs more more than I ever needed her, and I can't leave him alone the way she left me...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 years later

Dragging both of my kids around the store wasn't exactly the wayI would liked to have spent my Sunday afternoon, but life isn't fair. Watching TV or a movie would have been more relaxing, a nice way to spend the waning hours of the weekend before the turmoil of work began again. Instead, I was pushing a half-empty shopping cart up and down aisles like any other week, Jinah kicking violently ever few minutes. Already she'd tried to grab a toy \off one of the shelves and when I put it back, the flood gates opened. She wanted a big chocolate-chip cookie...I said no...she screamed. Jinwoo joined in and they both faught against me. All children were prone to tears and tantrums, but the sheer frequency of their episodes had me seriously wondering if they would turn out to be just like their mother.

Jinah and Jinwoo were my life, even if they were crying and kicking and wailing through the store.

I was zoned out for most of the time, mechanically picking items off the shelves and placing them in the cart. 

This was my life now. It had been since she walked away.

I only knew one thing since that day.

My happiness didn't matter, only theirs did.

With a sigh I turned around and grabbed both of them a chocolate chip cookie and the toys they wanted. 

Even if I was miserable...my children would never be...