Chapter 7

The Faith of the Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Something had shifted. Siwon stir fried the beans and meat in a sizzling pan. He glanced over to the bed where Kyuhyun was lounging long out on his bed. Something had definitely changed ever since Kyuhyun revealed his not so human nature, in probably the most roundabout way. The brunette frowned at the ceiling where Tactics Fantasia was displayed, upside down for Kyuhyun to see.

 

‘’Grisane, five forward, three left. Slay the Crimson Knight.’’ The hologram ran through the grass field and swung her great sword through the air against the red hologram that screamed in agony. Siwon smiled and turned back on his veggies. Not a lot had changed since that day, only a week had passed but there were subtle changes Siwon had noticed as he went through his day. He saw Kyuhyun more and more often at his apartment, usually during the evening right before dinner. Like a street cat coming for his food, the Apeiron would sit on the doorstep of the building playing or humming the song of the day. By the time he saw Siwon he simply followed him inside and he would play with whatever he found in his apartment until dinner was ready. On his social days they would talk, others were spent in comfortable silence.

 

At first, it surprised him that Kyuhyun visited him so often. By the time that he started to buy ingredients for two, he got used to his evening companion. Even when Kyuhyun didn’t visit, he would pop up from somewhere and eat all the leftovers like he hadn’t eaten for weeks. Once during dinner he tried to ask more about Kyuhyun, the Apeiron would either ignore his attempts or answer him in cryptic messages if he had a bad day. That day had been a good one;

 

 

 

 

‘’Do you actually need food?’’ Siwon asked after he was presenting the several side dishes on his humble table. Usually he wouldn’t even cook side dishes, he was only one person but Kyuhyun gave him a reason to prepare full fledged meals. It was actually nice to eat with someone and share the food he made.

 

Kyuhyun snorted, his chopsticks already dug into the kimchi and dukkbokkie. ‘’Of course not, food gives energy. I am energy.’’ Apparently that solved the issue for Kyuhyun, as the self-proclaimed energy blob started to eat like the average human glutton.

 

Siwon picked some of his bulgogi and chewed slowly on the tender meat. He observed Kyuhyun, the man’s flawless pale skin and the mob of brown hair that hadn’t grown an inch longer since he met him. The pure black eyes shone brightly, reflecting the light of his kitchen. He had a feeling Kyuhyun was deliberately running around with those seal eyes to get him immune to the look. ‘’Do you have a digesting system? Organs?’’ Siwon asked as he quickly picked some rice cakes into his bowl, before they would disappear in the abyss of Kyuhyun’s mouth.

 

‘’If I want to.’’ Kyuhyun replied drily. It was a typical Kyuhyun answer, it told him nothing. Siwon gave a deep frown and stared at the other. It worked as Kyuhyun stopped inhaling his noodles with a shrug. Without a warning a cold hand wrapped around his. Siwon felt a shiver run through his spine. He couldn’t tell if it was because of the cold long fingers that turned his hand around or if it was because of the rare skinship between the two. Siwon held Kyuhyun’s hand, looked at the flawless ivory nails and the fragile fist. ‘’Look.’’ Kyuhyun said and it snapped him out of his admiration. Just as Kyuhyun said, the skin that Siwon held was turning transparent. Like he watched a river in a double glassed tube, Siwon saw Kyuhyun’s arms and fingers pulse in gold and silver light. His fingers tightened around the cold transparent skin; the change hadn’t affected the texture. Siwon could still identified the transparent layer as skin, even if his eyes mocked his brain that it truly was not the case.

 

‘’How?’’ He uttered, amazed and shocked at the same time. Kyuhyun gave a mysterious half smile and his arm returned back to a solid looking human arm.

 

‘’Simple, everything of this world is made out of atoms. Atoms are energy and most of this world is made out of energy.’’ Siwon frowned at Kyuhyun’s explanation. it wasn’t exactly a new or shocking theory.

 

‘’That doesn’t explain us biological entities. We are made of mass, more than just energy. You are an independent entity, you don’t need food, sleep or any substance to exist. I mean, you did say you didn’t eat the energy,’’ Siwon hesitated, ‘’or souls of the death.’’

 

‘’Naturally.’’ Kyuhyun cocked his head slightly to the side. He had noticed the other had the habit to do that whenever a topic was interesting to him. ‘’What you forget is that energy is the building stone of everything. While I am originally a separate entity without real flesh, I can manipulate the the energy atoms to mimic other life forms.’’ The causality of his tone made Siwon snort. Let it over to Kyuhyun to make the essence of life sound like the bad weather man.

 

 

‘’You’re burning the vegetables.’’ Kyuhyun’s voice shattered his reminiscing. Cursing softly under his breath he killed the stove. Fortunately, the damage wasn’t too big. Sighing he washed his hands and looked at Kyuhyun’s game. The characters were making cute animations, apparently the Apeiron had won. He hadn’t thought the other would have enjoyed games as much as he did. Kyuhyun was rarely frustrated or impatient but when he showed the emotions he would become quite obnoxious about it. Siwon had introduced him to this new game because he had actually bought it for himself, to relax after work hours but never found the time to do so. Now Kyuhyun was ruling the game and clearing achievements and trophies every time he felt like playing.

 

‘’Kyuhyun.’’ Siwon said as he put the plates and bowls down. The other closed the game with a swipe of his hands and crawled nimbly over the bed to the table. ‘’I won’t be here for a month.’’ He quickly grabbed a few pork stripes and put it over his rice bowl. Kyuhyun was an avid meat eater.

 

‘’Why?’’ Kyuhyun’s nose scrunched slightly. Siwon smiled at the undisturbed gaze that rested on him. There was something of displeasure in Kyuhyun’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter