Prologue

The Faith of the Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What are you looking at?” Kyuhyun’s arms were wrapped around the slender frame, pressing himself closer to the warmth from the other. Underneath them, a city was spread out. Towers of stone, houses of wood with wide gardens, street covered with dirt and walked by the damned. To him, it was a disgraceful sight. “Look-” Sungmin pointed down to the streets. Kyuhyun laid his head on Sungmin’s shoulder and looked at the couple he was pointing at. “Yesterday, he finally dared to propose after he got a job. Her looks didn't change at all, but she somehow looks more radiant. How is that even possible?” Kyuhyun hummed, as he looked the man and woman. Sungmin always chose to watch over the common man. Average nobodies, but Sungmin's eyes brightened as he updated Kyuhyun about his intriguing new findings about love.

 

“I don't know Min, from what I see she looks just like she always did. You, on the other hand, seem to glow just a bit warmer.” He nuzzled his nose into the other's neck, gaining a chuckle and a light tap on his head. “Greasy.” “I thought you wanted something alike to your human entertainment.” Kyuhyun stood up, his fingers lingered over the slender shoulders before he looked up at the clear blue sky. “Hey, Kyu?” Sungmin had turned around, looking at him with a foreign expression. “What is it Min?” His eyebrows lowered, he tried to figure out the weird expression, what was going on behind those bright doe eyes. For all the time, they spent together, Sungmin started to make new expressions, foreign gestures and intonations. No doubt, the live drama was influencing him, negatively in his opinion but it was not his place to reprimand the other. Even if he was sure, Sungmin would stop looking down, only if he would ask. Kyuhyun wasn't selfish, he knew that Sungmin was more content when he could look down and gushed over some anonymous couple. It meant no harm, he was capable to adjust to the changing Sungmin.

“Do you think, we could love as well?” Sungmin didn't meet his unwavering eyes. He simply casted his gaze down, once more, as if the people beneath them held the answers to his question. Kyuhyun doubt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter