Chapter 6

The Faith of the Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

’Frozen by fear’ was what he often read in his books. Siwon never understood the saying. He was a controlled one, he hardly got angry and if he did he was conscious enough to push the person away before he would do any harm. When he was scared, well that didn’t happen a lot. First time with his parents, then his sister. Blood chilling fear, but he had a purpose. But now, Siwon looked at Kyuhyun’s face. At someone that was not Kyuhyun.

‘’Demon!’’ He gasped as he pushed Kyuhyun away from him. The man was surprisingly light, Siwon thought when Kyuhyun roughly hit the headboard of the bed. He wiped his sweaty hands on the blankets. The air burned in his nose as he forced himself to take deep breathes. The man, no it was not a man, he had to remind himself that that thing in front of him was not human. Kyuhyun smirked he pushed the long wavy locks out of his face and stared at him with those demon eyes. Siwon swallowed, Kyuhyun was still so wickedly beautiful even with those eyes. He shook his head, no this beauty was to allure him. He shouldn't give in.

‘’Your faith is astonishing but so wrong.’’ Kyuhyun's voice drawled. Siwon crawled back, he didn’t want to do anything rash. He wasn’t sure what Kyuhyun was capable of. Kyuhyun’s identity had always been vague, but now he didn’t know if anything he thought of Kyuhyun was reliable. ‘’You don't truly think I'm a demon?’’ Siwon grimaced, Kyuhyun's monotone voice and staring felt so familiar. It was aggravating.

‘’Stop playing! If not a demon, then what are you?!’’ He yelled, his hands sought for something to throw. He found nothing. His hand shook as he choked on air. He was so done with Kyuhyun’s attitude, it wasn’t a game. Not to him. His nails dug painfully into his palms. This man was somewhat of a friend, an odd bird with a blunt tongue but never evil.

‘’Samsara, Apeiron, Vita, is what I am. That's how you called us. I prefer Kyuhyun above all.’’ The creature, Kyuhyun, whatever he was, sighed as he stared at him. Siwon saw how the black of his eyes slowly drained away, back to the human eyes he had become so familiar with. It was just an illusion, though, he would never be able to see Kyuhyun in the same way.

‘’Apeiron, Kyuhyun, I don’t get- What does that mean!" He shook his head, he stood up and started to pace the room. "Are you good or evil? You asked me if I cared. Yes, I do- did, I don’t know.’’ He leaned on the kitchen counter, his knuckles turned white as he grasped the cold stone.

‘’Good or evil, it’s a human concept. So, you tell me.’’ Siwon froze he looked up, Kyuhyun gave a cocky smile but it reminded him somewhat of their earlier conversations. "I'm not out here for you, for your information. You’re ever the surprising Siwon, you never bore me. It reminds me of old times, even I can appreciate nostalgia.’’

‘’I don’t get it.’’ Siwon gave a heavy sigh as the man cradled his head in his hands. Everything was too much to comprehend, to believe. He didn’t want to believe what he had seen. ‘’I want to believe, you're good. But I need to understand what you are.’’ He felt drained. From where Kyuhyun was sitting nothing seemed to be wrong. He was pale and perfectly fine, normal. Kyuhyun stayed patiently silent, watching him with a weird look in his eyes, it almost seemed dreamy.

‘’Why did you do it? Why would you show me? I could tell it to the world. That you’re not- ‘’ He waved defeatedly at Kyuhyun. ‘’-you’re not human. Whatever you may be, that can’t be good. We’ve burned witches in the past, why do you think we won’t do it again?'’ Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, he must be sounding completely dramatical right now.

Kyuhyun shrugged, he leaned his elbow on his knee. ‘’Why not? You saw me, you have a decent intellect. You would’ve suspected something once you stopped running away from every sign. I just gave you a push in the right direction.’’ He inspected his nails. "Besides, they would never believe you."

Siwon gave an empty chuckle. ‘’They would think I'm overworked or something. Well played." He wiped his face with his hand and stared at the ceiling. "So, what can you do? What are you?" He needed to clear his head.

‘’You really want to know?’ Kyuhyun jumped off the bed. Siwon hesitated for a moment, he still wasn’t sure about the other coming near him. It was true that Kyuhyun had never wronged him, he was never hurt, he only had a few mild heart attacks from the crazy stunts he pulled. ‘’I’m going, would you like to accompany me?’’ Kyuhyun stopped before him, close enough for Siwon to see every pore on his skin.

Siwon looked him in the eye for the first time, he shouldn’t go, the most logical choice would be rejection. But he wanted to know, he wanted to know who Kyuhyun really was. He hadn’t been hurt so far. ‘’I think so, what are we going to do?’’ Siwon reluctantly replied he moved a bit away from Kyuhyun. He took one of the spare coats and threw them at Kyuhyun. The man fumbled with the piece of fabric when it was thrown at him. Kyuhyun looked at the soft long coat but grimaced, Siwon rose his eyebrow into his fringe.

‘’Just what I usually do, but what you somehow never saw me doing.’’ Kyuhyun didn’t seem like he wanted to make a fuss about something little. He casually zipped the coat closed. The coat was way too long for the other, it looked a bit stupid but it would be warm enough. Siwon doubted that Kyuhyun would care.

‘’I should have known you weren’t human. Nobody is this cryptic in real life.’’ Siwon shook his head and took his coat to follow Kyuhyun who was already leaving the house.

Siwon followed Kyuhyun from behind with a little distance. His head was still throbbing as he watched the small back of the other. From here Kyuhyun looked so normal, so human. He frowned, the image of those eyes were engraved in his mind. He had googled the names that Kyuhyun had told him quickly on his way out, but it didn’t clear any questions on what the man in front of him was.
They had been walking for a while, but on the roads Siwon rarely took. It led them outside the inner city. The buildings looked less maintained, build close to one another. Kyuhyun seemed awfully familiar as he led them into alleyways, weird turns and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter