Chapter 3

Chasing a Shadow

“I gave you a chance Lee Seunghyun but you threw it away for a date. Don’t blame me. It’s all your fault in the first place.”

Seungri waited for Jiyong under his block. Everything will come to an end tonight. Everything. He was lost in thought until a honk snapped him out. Kwon Jiyong, the man that he can never forgive…and forget. But his traitorous heart fluttered when Jiyong approached him. This man who he longed for dearly. How long has it been since he last saw him?

“What’s wrong?” Jiyong asked gently as he caressed his face. The warmth from his hand burnt into Seungri’s face.

 

“I missed you.” Seungri blurted out without thinking. He underestimated how much his soul needed him. Jiyong was obviously amused at the answer.

“You really can’t live without me huh? Want to come to my place?”

Seungri nodded hesitantly. He was conflicted. His brain was telling him that everything was going according to his plan but his heart was begging him to stop before it was too late. He almost laughed at his illogical heart. It was already too late. There was no turning back.

 

Throughout the drive home, Seungri stared at Jiyong’s face, burning every minute detail into his heart and soul. He needed to remember so that he can meet this man again in their next lives. In that lifetime, they will love each other and live happily ever after. In that life there will be no Lee Sunghyun. Only Jiyong and Seungri.

 

That night, Seungri gave his body to Jiyong. Their first and last night. He looked vacantly at Jiyong’s peaceful face throughout the night, treasuring every second out of his limited time. Dawn broke and it was finally time. He placed his hand on Jiyong’s fragile neck, feeling the pulse underneath his fingers. He just need to exert a bit of force to break the windpipe. Come on Seungri! You are running out of time! Do it!  

                                                

Seungri clenched his teeth as his hand tensed bit his finghers refused to budge. Just then, Jiyong’s eyes snapped opened and looked into his eyes. Seungri froze as the scene of their first meeting flashed through his mind.

“I love your eyes. These eyes that devoid of superficial emotions. These eyes that are tainted by reality. I love your eyes, these eyes that reflect mine.”

He shakily removed his hand from Jiyong’s throat.

“Seunghyun?”

Seungri looked out of the window at the brightening sky. He turned back and smiled bitterly at Jiyong’s worried and confused face.

“I lost.”

Seungri slumped onto Jiyong as the first ray on sunshine hit on him.

 

“Hey what do you mean? You are acting all weird since last night. Seunghyun?” Jiyong shook Seunghyun lightly, rousing him up. Seunghyun woke up to Jiyong underneath him. He winced at the pain that shot up his spine as he pushed himself up. He looked around confused at his location. He accessed the situation before memories of the previous night flooded his pounding head. Seungri!

He recoiled from Jiyong as waves of panic crashed into him and fear gripped onto his heart in a tight fist. There was no trick in this. Seunghyun was Seungri. He was Seungri. He killed them all!

He started to hyperventilate as Seungri’s voice echoed in the surrounding out of nowhere.

“Do you know I terrified I was when your mom strangled me? How painful it was when my lungs burn for air. How close to death I was. Feel my pain. Feel my despair. They are all yours in the first place. But Jiyong is mine.”

 

Seunghyun was losing consciousness. He tried to focus on Jiyong but darkness was creeping in from the corners of his eyes.

Jiyong…run.