Tracks

Black or Red and White [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook and Yein blink at the same time—Jungkook frozen from getting caught and Yein more than surprised to see that Yoongi knows Jungkook. And by his name too. As if time was put on pause, no one moved for the next few seconds until Yoongi turn his whole body toward Jungkook’s direction, “I’m surprised to see that you’re still enrolled in school,” were Yoongi’s first words after what felt like a lifetime. His statement had Yein by the ear, she was curious to see what kind of relationship were they in. And the interesting fact that they knew each other still linger in her head.

Slowly Jungkook relaxes his shoulders and breathing before answering, “Yeah, me too,” though Jungkook appears calm and compose, something in his voice screams annoyed.

It took a moment before Yoongi switch the subject on him, “You know everyone at the track is waiting for your comeback,”

Track? Yein thought to herself. Briefly, she felt like she knew what Yoongi was referring to but she wasn’t positive. So she waited and listen for further confirmation.

“You know, the tracks are more beautiful at night,”

Yoongi smiles a little, “you think so? Cause I disagree,”

Yein waits to see what Jungkook response would be, but instead the first bell ring to inform students that lunch was over and they must head back to their classes. Yein glances around as students begin to gather in the hall, friends saying their goodbyes until they meet again after class, and couples hugging and expressing their affection before parting ways. When she finally turns to the other two again, she notices that Yoongi has left her alone and walked up to Jungkook. She could tell that in all chaos, Yoongi was whispering something only for Jungkook to hear.

Back in class Yein decided not to ask Jungkook what earlier was about, though she was dying to know the truth behind the tension. After finding out what Yoongi had done to Hanbin, she assumed she wouldn’t be surprised if Yoongi has also done Jungkook wrong. But then that could mean Yein really didn’t know Yoongi when she thought she did. So instead she sat leaning back and out of Jungkook’s view as she watches his every move. During the lecture, she saw him spinning a pencil on his thumb with the power of his index finger—he was bored, like some students in the classroom.

As lecture drag on, Yein could see that Jungkook has been sketching cars onto his supposed notepaper. However, instead of paying him too much attention she diverted her eyes toward the front, only to see that Kei has been peeping over to her. Unexpectedly Kei smiled at Yein. Then slowly Kei points to Jungkook with her fluffy pink pen in hand, Yein scan Jungkook momentarily before turning back to Kei. Once again the lass reveals another smile. Just what was she trying to say?

Yein’s curiosity was answered after school has ended. Kei and Mijoo had spotted her moving with the crowd of leaving students and succeeded in kidnapping her into a less occupied road. Uncertain of what they were planning to do, Yein kept herself prepared for any kind of retaliation. She knows she did not keep her end of the deal as she never made the time for Yoongi and Kei, but she thought their sad and disappointed expressions the other day meant they understood there wasn’t going to be any meeting.

In front of her, Kei has the same grin from earlier, her arms were also folded in a playful manner. Meanwhile, Mijoo had her hands wrapped around her backpack’s shoulder straps. “So, is it true?”

Yein could feel her breathing pick up, afraid of where they were getting at. “W-what is?”

Kei giggle a little, “Aw your cheeks are red,” she says as she reaches up and tries to poke Yein’s cheek, but the taller lass dodges out of her range. Quickly Kei pulls back her finger before adding, “should we help you?”

“H-help me with what?” Yein asks when neither Kei or Mijoo care to elaborate. In fact, it didn’t look like either of the two girls care if Yein was on the same page as them or not.

At this Kei’s tone change, it almost sounded like she pitied Yein, “You’ve probably never dated before huh? So let me and Mijoo help you,”

Yein thought she would go crazy and die of confusion until a familiar voice came to her rescue. “Yein,” the three gals turn to a lad standing just some feet away, in one hand was a bag of groceries while the other waved to Yein. O

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter