000

Black or Red and White [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yein falls back against her seat to rest her eyes a little, meanwhile the dull words GAME OVER blinks and flashes on her screen in large, bright colors. Is the summer heat getting to her? Oddly she feels suffocated. As she ponders on her temporary problems with the starting of high school and getting fired from work, she fails to notice a someone slipping into the game next to hers. Her growing annoyed state faltered when she heard music starting up beside her.

Briefly peeking, Yein notices that a boy her age had joined her corner of the arcade. While studying him, she watches how he effortlessly dance his pale, bony fingers around the buttons as if he owned the thing. Together they sat in a corner where auto games have been relocated to. Despite his excellent moves, Yein could only think of how much they reminded her of her brothers, Jiwon and Hanbin. With a heavy sigh, Yein threw herself back into her troubled state.

Unlike Yein’s depressed mood, the boy grew louder and louder as his game progresses. Sometimes he was heard cheering and laughing evilly to himself, other times he grunts in frustration and even told the game to die. Somehow his mood swings pulled Yein out of her misery state and allowed her to watch him more closely. At certain times she had hoped he would have lost, but when he lost she felt bad for him and wished he would win the next round.

The boy remained unaware of her presence and was not knowing of her feeding his game. Because after his third lost he had run out of money and was ready to quit until magically his game restarted for him.

Finally after the second hour both he and Yein had run out of coins. Or almost. As Yein reached over to slip her last coin in, she slipped off her seat a little and accidentally bumped into the lad’s thigh. Yein froze in embarrassment meanwhile the boy traced her out-reached hand to the top of her head near his side. Though Yein had hoped he wouldn’t ask her anything and just keep silent, he instantly broke the ice when she budged, “What are you?”

She clenched her teeth thinking she should dumbly smile at him to avoid further contact. But once she flipped her hair back to look up at him, she noticed he was in horror. His wide eyes and jaw dropped clearly showed he was in some kind of shock. The confidence and fun energy he once had vanished in the blink of an eye. “Oh, um I—” once their gaze met Yein immediately lost her train of thoughts. With a long pause, Yein cocked her head to the side a little. He looks familiar. “You..,” as she trailed off she began cycling through her memories, wondering where she had seen him before.

The startled, surprise and shock did not leave the boy’s expression. Instead, he had started to sweat as Yein leaned in closer to him.

“Haven’t we met before..?” she questioned.

The boy gulped but did not answer.

There and then she clapped and hollered, “Oh! Jungkook!?” her big, round eyes flustered the boy.

“W-what?” He finally uttered.

“You’re Jungkook of BTS right!?” she asked, this time louder and capturing the attention from those around them. Thinking she had hit a jackpot the boy’s next move caused her confusion.

With a breathy scoffed he said, “Ah I thought I got caught. No, but I do get that a lot. Unfortunately, he and I share the same name and look but I’m not him,” the boy said folding his arms across his chest as he leaned all the way back into his chair. “Did you think I was him? Was that why you were inserting money into my game?” he asked with the same confidence Yein recalled seeing when he was winning races at a time. Unsure of what to said Yein kept silent for him to continue, “What you just did there, did you think it was fan service?”

“What?” Yein raised a brow.

Thinking she had missed his point, the latter explained, “Why else would you be putting coins into my game if you didn’t think I was some idol. Was it fanservice?”

Yein blinked, “Fanservice is when the idols pleased the fans though..,”

The boy paused to check himself, “Oh is that what it means..?” he asked quietly. Yein bobbed her head innocently. The lad cleared his throat before proceeding, “Anyway,” he sings, “I should get going,” without waiting for Yein’s response he turned away and quickly got out of his chair. Without another minute he was standing outside and inhaling a deep breath of fresh air. “Oh, I thought I was going to die! I guess she forgot about me,” he commented with a hand presse

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter