Chapter 2

Listen to my Heart Beat

A/N: Uh um, well, actually I should post this chapter yesterday but my laptop was boycott of me so it won't open yesterday. Luckily, it went well today ^^. Enjoy this chapter of mine!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

CHAPTER 2

SinB’s POV

   

     “Anyeong, Hwang Eunbi-ssi.”

 

OMO! Is she…..the pretty doctor?

 

     Haish… No way. It can be, right? Remember SinB, this hospital is big, there’s no way that I can bump into her again, right? Hey, I must be sleeping a lot. Yeah…

 

“SinB?” A voice called. Oh, it’s Yerin unnie. I turned to her and she widen her eyes at me, as if I had done something wrong. “Nae?”

     “The doctor greeted you, why are you stoning like this?”

 

     “Mwo?” No way this is real…

 

     “I said, the doctor greeted you!” Yerin unnie hissed in my ear. “I’m sorry, my sister could be out sometimes.” She said to the pretty doctor before looking at me again.

     I looked up to the doctor. “Anyeong, pret—No! C-Choi s-songsaengnim.” Ahh… What’s wrong with me?

     Geez, I could felt my cheek is burning. It must be as red as tomato right now. Ah, eotteohke? The pretty doctor must be thinking that I’m crazy!

     “Ye, we’ve met before, right?” The doctor said. Yerin unnie tugged on my arm.

 

“You two have met before?” Yerin unnie asked. I don’t know why but my tongue is kinda froze right now. But I could manage to nod.

     “Yes, we met in the elevator twice. It’s a good thing to see you again.” The pretty doctor said as she smiling to me. Are you kidding me? She is really smiling at me! At me!

     “Ah… Is that so? This kid never told me.” Ah, what with this unnie? Suddenly pinching on my waist. It’s hurt, you know!

     “Yeah… Ah, as long as I want to chat with you, I must check on Halmeoni’s condition right now. Excuse me for a while.”

Phew!

     I glared at Yerin unnie. This unnie is really! Ugh, what with that look that she gave on me right now? It’s incredibly disgusting! I saw Yerin unnie is moving closer to me and whispered, “You owe me an explaination.”

     “What?”

 

     “At home. Later.”

 

Ugh, this unnie.

 

#

 

     “It’s all done.” Yuna said as she smiled to the old woman that lying on the bed. Halmeoni had a high fever back then. Well, she is old and her immunination was not that great anymore. The two siblings could tell that this is the third time she was admitted to the hospital in 6 months.

     “Is she okay? Nothing serious?” Yerin voiced out. Meanwhile SinB, she better locked up from uttering anything that will embarrassing her again.

     “Well, Halmeoni is doing great by time but still, she need to take care of her health.” Yuna said. Her eyes somehow saw SinB that continuously hanging her head down. Yuna silently chuckled by the latter cute action.

     While Yerin, she was alert by the soft chuckles by Yuna and little that she know that the young doctor was chuckled because of her younger sister. She looked at SinB and her lips curved up.

 

#

 

     After Yuna and the nurses left the room, Yerin and SinB also excuse themselves to go home. As soon as they entered the taxi, Yerin nudge the unusually silent SinB. “Yah,”

     SinB didn’t ever budge by Yerin’s little action. She kept playing with her finger and later threw her gaze outside of the window. Yerin scoffed.

     “You owe me an explanation, don’t you remember?” Yerin kept budging SinB with that topic. It’s not that she didn’t know her sister well, but SinB is unusually different after that encounter with Yuna.

     Hence, she even got to know a little bit about that pretty doctor. Just now, before Yuna continue to her work, yerin was the one in charge to send off the latter. She also had a little chat with her. Yerin acknowledge that the doctor is a year younger than her which mean, a year older than SinB.

     Yuna is 24 years old this year and yet, she already had a good job as one of the hospital’s cardiologist team. Yerin admitted that the younger girl must be a genius, yet so far away from herself. And for sure, SinB didn’t know about this. She was too shy to look into Yuna’s eyes.

     “Yah, I’m asking you!” Yerin hit the latter’s right arm. Finally, SinB turned to face her, but her expression was far from good. It was somehow an empty look.

     “Fine. What do you wanna know?” SinB asked lazily. Yerin beamed her infamous eye smile.

     “You were far from yourself the moment we met with that doctor. Waeyo?” Yerin asked. “Don’t say…”

     “Stop it, unnie. We just met twice before and it was happened coincidentally. What’s so wrong with that?” Oh no. SinB was getting annoying.

     “Huh, there’s nothing wrong with that. What I’m curious about is, what happened to you? You seemed to out of your mind just now.” Yerin stated.

     SinB looked down while letting out a sigh. “I don’t know.”

     “But—“

     “Unnie, can we stop talking about it? I’m tired.” SinB cut off Yerin’s words before she could say anything. She threw her gaze out of the window again while letting her mind went blank. Yerin tried to understand her exhausted sister and give up.

     “Fine.”

But for sure, this is not the end of the conversation.

 

#

 

     Yuna was looking on some patients’ health document before she heard a knock on the door. “Yes, come in.”

     Then, a figure opened the glass door before entering Yuna’s office. It was a woman in a white coat, maybe in the same age as Yuna. “Hi, Yuju.” The latter made herself sat on a couch that provided in the office.

     She took a glance at a clock that was hung up on the wall. “Still working at this hour?”

The said girl finally look up to the latter and let out a sigh. “No, Eunha. I had a few case that need to be taken care of.”

     Eunha smirked. “You and your workaholic habit. Yah, you’re still a human you know that?”

The words from the midget caught up in Yuju’s ear.

     “Yeah, I acknowledged that.” Yuju looked back at the document in her hand. “By the way, what makes you to come here?”

     “Good that you remind me that. Actually, me and Sowon unnie are going to grab a late dinner at the cafeteria. Want to tag along?”

     “Hmm, no.” Yuju said without looking at the later. “Sorry.”

     Eunha sighed looking at the girl. She finally get up from the couch and walked up to the busy doctor. “Come on, Yuju-ah… You are no fun. It had been a long time since we eat together. Sowon unnie will sure kill me if you are not coming.” Eunha pleaded with her puppy eyes. If it were Sowon, she would give up right away. For Sowon, Eunha’s cuteness is too hard to bear.

     Yuju glanced at the wall clock. “It’s 11.15 pm.” She said. She gave a stare to Eunha but the latter won’t give up. “Please?”

     “Fine.”

 

     “Yeay!”

 

#

 

     “Oh, Eunha yah, Yuju yah! I’m here!” Sowon get up and waved her hand at the two figure who were about to walk into her direction. “Waa… You manage to drag her here.” She said. Yuju took a sit in front of Sowon while Eunha sat beside Sowon.

     Well, Sowon and Eunha are the people who are close to Yuju especially Eunha. The shortest girl among them had being Yuju’s friend since high school and they somehow entered the same university later. And that’s how they met Sowon. Sowon was in her third year back then and she was the head of student council in the university. Since they were in the same field, they happened to be close with each other. It’s a good thing when they were transferred in the same hospital.

     “This shorty was begging me with her cuteness again. How could I push her?” Yuju said. Sowon smiled upon hearing the answer but the other girl was whining.

     “Yah! I’m not that short!” Eunha said.

 

     “Yes, you are. You are the shortest among us.” Yuju replied with a merong.

    

     Sowon could only laugh at their antics. “Well, you guys better cut it off cause the food are ready. I’ll take it.”

     “You need a help?” Eunha asked.

“Sure.” Sowon smiled. With that, they left Yuju alone at the table while she eyeing the two clingy people walking away from her.

     “There are something weird about this two. They’ve been extra clingy these days…” Yuju mumbled.

     It doesn’t take much time when the two people finally come and put the foods on the table.

“Waa… It’s a good thing that Yuju came because I ordered it for three person.” Sowon said as she sat on the chair. She took the chopsticks and hand it over to Yuju and Eunha.

     “Well, sorry. It’s late so they only can serve Jjajangmyeon. It’s that okay?” She said again.

“It’s more than okay, unnie.” Yuju replied as she split the chopstick into two. “I’ll eat this well.”

     They started to dig in as soon as they mixed the noodle well. Yuju was silent while eating and the same goes to the other two.

     “Here, eat this.” Yuju looked up to Sowon who put a boiled egg in Eunha’s bowl. Eunha looked to Sowon and smiled sweetly.

 

     “Something happened between this two…” Yuju thought in her mind. She put down her chopstick and it successfully grabbed the other two attention.

     “Oh, waeyo Yuju yah? Are you finish eating already?” Eunha asked.

 But Yuju won’t answer and instead, she squinted her eyes at the two while leaning on the table.

     “I’ve been watching the two of you. And... I smell something fishy.” Yuju said.

Sowon and Eunha looked to each other before gulping.

      “W-What do you mean?” Sowon asked. She stuttered.

      “You guys are being extra clingy. Is there something happen between the two of you?” Yuju asked again. “Are you guys dating?”

     Sowon and Eunha gasped upon Yuju’s last word.

“D-Dating?” Sowon looked to Eunha. “W-Well…” Sowon was too hesitated to continue her word. But suddenly…

 

“Ne, we’re dating.” Eunha voiced out. Sowon widen her eyes upon hearing Eunha’s statement. She didn’t expect that.

 

     Yuju smirked. She grabbed her chopstick back and continue dig in. The couple was confused with the latter’s action.

     “Aren’t you going to say something?” Eunha asked. “Yeah, anything?” Sowon too.

Yuju looked up.

     “Well, you guys look good together. What I want to say? So, when was it?” Yuju smiled.

     “It had been three days. I confessed to her.” Sowon said.

     “Sowonie was worried that Kookie would make me as his girlfriend.” Eunha stated.

“What?”

     “Yah, how many times I told you don’t call him that name. I don’t like it.” Sowon said to Eunha.

     “Yeah yeah, you’re jealous?” Eunha asked Sowon.

     “Of course!”

     “Then I will call him that name.”

     “Yah!”

Meanwhile Yuju, she doesn’t think that she should join them having dinner again. She rather eat ramyun by herself in the office. Noted.

 

#

 

     Yuju was washing her hand after 4 hours being trapped in the surgery room. She saved another life again. While she was on her way back to her office, a voice that she recognise called her.

“Choi songsaengnim!”

     Yuju turned her body in reflex and her eyes saw a guy in the same white coat as her smiling at her. The latter was walking towards her.

“Oh, Lee songsaengnim. What’s the matter?” Yuju asked out of curiosity.

     It was Lee Seokmin. Every staffs in the hospital know him. Well, he is the son of the hospital president. Plus, he have quite a handsome face and all nurses were going crazy about him.

     “Ah, the president is looking for you.” He said. Yuju wore her confused face and Seokmin chuckled upon seeing her face. “Don’t worry. It’s nothing serious. I think.”

     With that, Yuju followed the guy to the president’s office.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

     “Come in,” when she heard a voice from behind the door, she twisted the knob slowly before slide her body into the big office.

     “Oh, Yuju-ssi, you came.” A man in his middle-aged greet her as she bow to him. “Come, sit.” The older man gesture her to sit on the couch provided. While Seokmin, he sit on the other couch.

     “How was today?” The older man asked.

     “Same as always. I just finish a surgery 15 minutes ago.” She said.

The older man frowned. “Ah, sorry. You must be tired. Well, I would like to ask you a favour. If you don’t mind.”

     Yuju frowned as she heard the man’s words. “Pardon?”

“Actually, I want to invite you for a dinner tonight. With me and Seokmin. Would you have the time?”

     “Tonight?” Yuju asked.

“Hmm, I will clear out your schedule.” He said. “So, what do you say?”

     Yuju didn’t know how to react. This is too sudden. She only close to the president because she is one of the best cardiologist in the hospital in her young age. Well, she is 24 and yet she is better than her superior. President Lee acknowledged about her and they somehow click very well through his son.

     Seokmin is a doctor too but he is a neurosurgeon. But still, they are good to each other. Seokmin always talk to her whenever they encounter to each other in the hospital. The other staffs assume that they are dating each other but it is far from that. Yuju never think Seokmin more than friend. Little did she know, the other person wasn’t thinking the same way.

     “I think… I will make it.”

 

#

 

     “Okay, enough for today. I think if I talk anymore, you guys won’t be hearing about it.” Prof. Han said as he shut down his laptop. “You guys are dismiss, except Kim Yewon-ssi and Hwang Eunbi-ssi. That’s all.”

     The other students already left the study hall except the said two girls. They look to each other.

“Umji-ah, did we make any mistake?” SinB asked her best friend. Umji could only shrug as an answer.

     “Kim Yewon-ssi and Hwang Eunbi-ssi? Please come here for a while.” This is the moment when your professor’s voice came out like the sound of the door. SinB was still confused for what is happening. She was sure that she didn’t sleep in his class today nor yesterday.

     SinB and Umji walked down the stairs and went to the waiting professor. One thing that the students like about him is, he is young and handsome. He is just 32, yet he became one of the university’s dean.

     “Did we do anything wrong?” Umji was the first one to break the silent atmosphere. Prof. Han looked at the two girls.

     “I’ve looked into your thesis,” Ah, this is the answer that the two best friend never want to hear. “And…”

     The two were anticipating the professor’s next word. “I hope there’s nothing wrong with it.” They thought.

     Out of the blue, the young professor slumped something that look like a thick dictionary on the table.

 

“Omo! It’s mine!”

 

“Is that mine? Oh no!”

 

     Silent. None of them were dare to talk. They were froze to death when Prof. Han threw a fierce glare to them.

     “What is this?” He asked.

Silent.

     “I said, what is this?!” He shouted.

Both of the two girls were flinched when their professor slammed his hand on the table.

     “I have been teaching medic for 5 years, and I never have seen something like this!” He raised his voice that sound like a mess storm.

 

“My life was end. Daebak.”

 

“Yerin unnie must be disappointed with me… Heol~ ”

    

       “I have never seen an incredible job like this! Chukahae!” The professor exclaimed.

“Dae?” Umji and SinB were confused with the sudden change in the professor’s emotion.

       “What I mean is, your thesis is the best that I have seen! As expected, I know you two would do it nice especially you, Ms. Hwang.”

 

“Eh, me?” SinB pointed her finger to herself.

 

     “Yeah, lately, I never see you sleep in my class. You tried very hard. Chukahae~ “  Prof. Han stretch out his hand and SinB confusedly receive it with an unclear smile.

Yeoksi, uri SinB.

 

     “Hence, please wait for a letter to reach your home.” Prof. Han said to Umji and SinB.

“Eh, what letter?” They asked.

 

     “Your name were listed in Team A group. The group will doing their practical in two weeks from now if I’m not mistaken. Please wait for it.” Prof. Han explained it to the ‘dumb and dumber’ duo.

     “Okay, I’m late. I gotta go. Excuse me,” With that, Prof. Han left them together in the hall. “Ah, if you have any question, ask for Mrs. Ahn later. She is in charge of these thingy.”

 

Umji looked to SinB.

 

SinB looked to Umji.

.

.

.

“WE DID IT!!!”

 

TBC...

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

So, how's Wonha?