Chapter 3

Listen to my Heart Beat

A/N: Happy New Year everyone!!! Oh, I'm so excited! How about you? I hope that 2017 will be the luckiest year to all my readers and also to our GFRIEND. Let's just give our biggest and greatest support to them this year and pray for their health. BUDDY, hwaiting!

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

CHAPTER 3

 

Two weeks later…

 

     “Waa… I can’t believe it that we arrive here!” A guy with chestnut colored hair screamed in excitement.

     “Taehyung-ah, can you slow down your voice? You’re embarrassing us!” Hissed the other guy, wearing a nice trench coat. His name is Jimin.

     “As expected, this kid get hype up very easily…” Dahyun shook her head. “Right, Umji?”

The two girls shared a Hi-5.

     “Yah, who do you to call me kid, huh?” Taehyung went to Dahyun and looked down on the short girl. “I’m an adult. A.D.U.L.T! You know what is adult? Adult is—“

     “Yeah yeah, she knew it Taehyung-ah… Can you shut up your mouth for a while?” Jimin dragged the hyped up kid far from Dahyun who is smirking at the latter.

     “Yah, Jimin-ah, do you see her smirking at me? Waa… this girl—“

While the other already start bickering, Umji somehow felt something strange about SinB. She didn’t talk since they arrived in front of the hospital building. Umji went to approach the latter.

     “SinB-ah, neo gwenchana?” She asked while putting a hand on SinB’s shoulder.

SinB seemed to startle by the sudden touch and flinched to Umji.

     “Are you sick? You’re quiet since we arrive here.” Umji stated. The other has stop bickering and turn their attention to SinB.

     “Wha—did I heard SinB is sick?” Taehyung asked.

“I’m okay. I’m just lack of sleep, that’s all.” She said before give her stare back to the hospital’s sign board.

 

Myungwoo Medical Centre.

 

     “Pretty doctor is working here.” SinB thought. Just then, a voice interrupted them.
 

“Ah, you must be the practical team from KAIST, right? Please follow me. We’ve to get you registered first.” A woman in a nurse uniform guide them to a big room.

     There were so many group from other university as well. Too many. They finally got to register themselves and managed to hear a few words from the superior. After that, they will be given to each doctor from Myungwoo General Hospital to be guided.

     “Team KAIST?” A woman called. All of them turned to the voice.

     “Your team will be under Choi songsaengnim but she is undergoing a surgery right now. So, you will meet with her later. If you have any question, just ask me.” The woman said. They nodded as a respect.

 

SinB’s POV

 

Choi songsaengnim?

It can be that Choi Yuna songsaengnim, right?

      Andwae! This hospital is big, it can’t be her. Moreover, she looked like around Yerin unnie’s age, how could she will be our superior, right? The other group are receiving quite old superior. Oh, except that three group.

Haish… No way.

No way that I can meet that pretty doctor again. Hmm!

     “Yah, who will be that Choi songsaengnim? You think?” Taehyung asked the other as the woman walked away from us. “I bet she is a pretty young doctor.”

     SinB scoffed. “Wae? It could be an old and creepy woman.”

“Yah SinB, you’re so paranoid.” The latter replied. What? I just state the possibility.

     “However, we should go to our room first.” Umji said. We all are looking at her.

     “What room?” I asked.

     “Yah, are you daydreaming again? The earlier woman said we should go visit our office-to-be.” Umji explained.

     “Ah, the one that like on the drama?” Dahyun excitedly asked.

     “Maybe, we should take a look.” Umji said. “Let’s go.”

 

#

 

     I gasped as soon I stepped into a big room.

“Wah, it is the same like on the drama!” Dahyun exclaimed. She excitedly run randomly.

     “Dahyun-ah, control your hormone.” Umji said.

     “It’s big.” Jimin finally voiced out as he place his bag on one of the table. “What’s that door for?” He asked. Suddenly…

     “It’s your room from now on.” A voice interrupted. Everyone was shocked. Wait, this voice seems familiar to me. No way…

     “I’m your superior, Choi Yuna songsaengnim. Nice to meet you.” The person greeted as her lips curve into a sweet smile.

     I couldn’t take off my eyes from her until I realised that she was staring at me back.

“I will be in charge of your team.” She said. Somehow, I felt a nudge on my waist. I turned my face and saw Taehyung was smirking at me. “Old creepy woman, my .” He whispered.

     “Nice to meet you too, Choi songsaengnim. My name is Kim Yewon.” Umji said as she slightly bowed to the pretty doctor.

     “Nice to meet you too, Yewon-ssi.” She greet back.

     “But you can call me Umji instead. They also call me that.”

     “Ah, okay Umji-ssi. How about the others?”

“Oh, I’m Park Jimin.”

“I’m Kim Taehyung.”

“Kim Dahyun imnida.”

     Everyone introduce themselves nicely. It’s my turn. “My name is—“

 

“Hwang Eunbi. People call you SinB, right?”

 

     Oh my, she remember me? I glanced to the other and they are looking at me in shock.

“Choi songsaengnim, you know her?” Taehyung asked in disbelief. He was strucked when the latter gives a nod.

     “Of course, we’ve met before. Right, SinB-ssi?”

“O-Oh? Ah, y-ye.” Now you look stupid. Ugh! My cheeks are burning!

     “Okay, I’ve something to do now. But after lunch time, I’ll take you guys around this hospital, okay?”

“Ne!”

     My mind is blank. I don’t care what the pretty doctor was saying and I was staring into the thin air. I snapped back to the reality when a hand pat my shoulder.

     “Yah, SinB-ah. You don’t tell us that you had met Choi songsaengnim? Waa… Chinca.” Dahyun said frustratedly.

     “Wae? Why I need to tell you everything about my life?” I said, trying hard to cover up my blushing face. I made my way through them and opened the sliding door behind them. There was a room that provided with two double decker bed and one single bed.

     “This is my bed.” I said as I sit on the only single bed. The four of them enter the room.

“Yah, it’s not fair!” Taehyung said. “I was going to own this bed.” He exclaimed. I saw that he stomped toward me and trying to get me off the bed.

Hahahaha! It’s too late. I quickly lying myself on the bed and dodging his hand away.

     Take that, alien!

 

#

 

     It’s lunch time. SinB and her friends are walking to the cafeteria to grab their very first lunch. After taking around 15 minutes to queue up, they finally find an empty spot to sit.

     “Ah, finally!” Dahyun said as she took a sit beside Taehyung. While SinB and Umji are sitting side by side in front of them. Jimin is taking the centre spot.

     “These food look so delicious. Let’s dig in!” Jimin exclaims. Soon, the table are silent since all of them are focusing on their food tray. Well, the noisy friends are the most silent when they are eating. Nothing much to talk though.

     Suddenly, someone put a food tray on the table, grabbing the attention to the person.

“Oh, Choi songsaengnim!” Taehyung call out. They are all shock especially SinB since the pretty doctor is standing just beside her.

     “Ne. Are the food taste delicious?” Yuju asks smilingly. “Yes, it is. Are you not going to eat too?” Umji said.

     “Hmm. I was about to when I saw you guys here. Just want to remind that I will take you guys around the hospital after lunch. I’ll be eating at that table.” Yuju answers as her finger point at a table that place near the corner. “See you later.”

     SinB could barely breathing normally. She seems to be spacing out even after the doctor has walk away. Umji who notices that nudge the latter. “Yah, SinB, neo gwenchana?”

     SinB is startle by the sudden nudge but she try her very best to cover herself. She had found her cheeks are burning. Yuju was standing so close to her just now at the point that the blushing girl could smell her sweet scent. Her heart had skipped a beat.

 

“She smell so sweet…”

    

#

 

     Yuju was walking toward the two figure that are probably waiting for her. It’s none other than the newly official couple, Sowon and Eunha.

     “I assume that they are your team, right Yuju?” Sowon asks as soon as the second tallest girl took a sit in front of her.

     “Hmm, they are. I guess this year won’t be any problem to me.” Yuju said as she shove a spoonful of rice in .

     “Oh, is that mean a sarcasm or what?” Eunha lift her left eye brow, fixing her gaze on the latter.

Yuju look up and said, “It’s for real. They’re from KAIST University.”

     “Oh, daebak! Mine from EWHA.” Sowon beams a bright smile as she mention of the woman university. Upon hearing the university, Eunha look up to Sowon.

     “Woman university?” She asks but her tone is no joke.

“So, unnie’s team would be all girls? Wah, unnie is in heaven!” Yuju exclaims.

 

CLING!

 

     The sound of spoon slamming on the table caught the two tall girls off guard. Yuju flinched by Eunha’s fierce glare in her eyes. She was trying to kill Yuju with that look.

     “What do you mean she is in heaven? It’s nothing like that.” Eunha said coldly. Being the most alert person among those three, Yuju could sense that Eunha is jealous. Of course! Sowon is one of the hottest neurosurgeon in the hospital! Her long legs and her model-like figure could get any boys and girls melt just in front of her.

     But one thing Sowon is lacking is, she is a slow-witted person. She may be a hot neurosurgeon, but her brain is not as hot as her body. She barely notice the feeling of people. When everybody is laughing at a joke, she would take time to process all the words and later laugh alone. She is sure a weird one. Well, beside Yuju.

     “What do you mean? It’s a heaven Eunha-yah. They are so pretty and tall!” Sowon said as if she don’t understand what is going on. Yuju is mentally face-palmed when she heard Sowon’s unwitty answer just now. She also kicks Sowon’s legs under the table to make the taller girl realise.

 

But Sowon is being Sowon.

 

     “Ouch!”  Sowon winces. Eunha look at her frustratedly and quickly stand up. “Ugh, I don’t believe this!” She hiss and take her tray and leave the table.

     “Eh, Eunha-yah! Where are you going?” Sowon asks. Uh, it’s more like a shout.

Yuju face-palmed herself again and sigh. She is also frustrated with Sowon.

     “Unnie, why are you slow-witted?”

     “What do you mean by slow-witted? I’m just okay! But why Eunha is leaving us?” Sowon is soooooo clueless of what is happening.

Another face-palmed.

     “Unnie, you just risk your relationship with Eunha! Go chase her before she break up with you!”

     “WHAT?! Eunha-yah!” With her long legs, Sowon finally run after her love of life before it’s too late.

 

“What a dumb,” Yuju mumbles before proceed eating her lunch.

 

#

 

     Jimin was eating when he feel that someone is running behind him. He stop eating and turn behind, only his face to hit by the wind.

     He look to the others and said, “Did something just pass in front of my face?”

SinB look at him and replies, “I don’t know. Forget that and eat.”

 

#

 

     The five friends are standing in front of a ward while waiting for the certain someone. Others were talking among them but SinB is nervously fidgeting her finger. She could feel that her cheeks are burning and she somehow feel hot.

     It doesn’t take more than 10 minutes when that certain doctor is jogging towards them and panting hard after reaching the friends.

     “Omo, I’m so sorry to keep you waiting. I just got a work just now.” She explains while trying to catch her breath. “Can we proceed now?”

     Just like that, Yuju is bringing her newly team around the hospital building and explain some things that they should know. They’re newbies, so Yuju thought that they should know all the way and rooms in the hospital just in case they will get lost in this big hospital.

     But during the whole time, SinB never get to focus. She was the most front in line but her thoughts were never with them. While Yuju is explaining, SinB had her eyes fix on that pretty doctor and barely describing the doctor’s figure roughly.

     SinB thoughts that Yuju is tall, but not so tall and just perfect with her body proportion. Her hair was dyed in a not-so-light brown colour—she’s a brunette. Her bang was perfectly curls on her forehead, just nice to SinB’s eyes. She also could remember the time when their eyes met for the first time, she was melting in Yuju’s dark brown orbs. How she wish to look at it again.

     “So, I guess that’s all for me to show. You could know more if you work here in future. Anyone would like to do so?” Yuju’s question finally makes SinB snapped to the reality.

     “If there is a pretty doctor like you, I would.” Taehyung said, halfly joking. Yuju chuckles at Taehyung’s antic.

Oh, even her chuckles sound like an angel’s voice to SinB.

     “You’re so funny, Taehyung-ssi. Anyway, I think that we should feel comfortable with each other. You guys could call me Yuju unnie.”

     “Me too?” Taehyung asks. Yuju chuckles again.

“Oh, sorry. Since there are more girls I forget about you. Both of you could call me Yuju noona.” Yuju said halfly chuckles while pointing at Jimin and Taehyung.

     “Yeah, it is a great idea, Yuju unnie.” Dahyun said, she is friendly after all. While Umji was nodding at Dahyun’s words, SinB is totally lost in her world, until Yuju announce something.

     “Oh, one more thing. I think we should pick a leader for this team.”

“Noona, aren’t you the leader?” Jimin asks as he was curious.

     Yuju smiles and said, “I mean, among you. I’m just going to guide you.”

“Ahh…”

     “And I already have someone in my mind.” Yuju said.

“Who is it, unnie?” Umji asks.

 

Yuju smiles as she turns to the right, looking at that one person. “It’s SinB.”

 

     Upon hearing her name being called, she looks up to the doctor. “N-Ne?”

“I thought of you could be this team leader. Can you?”

     SinB widen her eyes. Out of the five people, why her? “Eh, why me? I think Jimin is better.”

“I don’t know. My heart just said so. So, would you take the responsibility?” Yuju asks again. SinB seems to be uncomfortable.

     “I-I…”

     “SinB-ah, I believe in you.” SinB felt a hand on her shoulder and it is Yuju’s.

“I’ll try.” She said as she let out a sigh. She couldn’t believe this. She just start her practical in this hospital like for 4 hours and now she was selected to be the team leader without her realising this! But she couldn’t say no. Yuju was asking her after all. How could she say no?

      The hand pat on her shoulder softly. “Don’t worry. Just be natural, okay?”

      Yuju’s question get a reply by a simple nod from the latter. “Okay, that’s all for today. See you when I see you.” Yuju said as she smiles at the other. She was about to leave the team before she take a quick glance to the still froze SinB. She leans in and whisper to SinB’s ear, “We will see each other more often now.”

      SinB was caught off guard when the angelic voice just went through her ears. Her legs were shaking. She could melt anytime if this keep going. She don’t even realise when that certain doctor is already leaving the scene. She only snapped back to the reality when a hand shake her body lightly.

 

     “Yah! SinB, what she just whispered to you?!”

 

TBC...

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Here! It's a new year gift from me to my readers. Thank you for those who are subscribing my story and also to my new reader. Hey, don't just be a silent reader! You can drop any comment regarding my story and also tell me if there are many flaws. I'm sorry, I'm being rush when I wrote this chapter. However, I'm not trying to make our cute WonHa couple to break up after two weeks of dating! Haha~