Chapter 8

Listen to my Heart Beat

CHAPTER 8

 

     SinB is sipping on her coffee while letting out an audible sigh. She glance at her wrist watch, indicating that it has been 20 minutes since Yuju gone. She is getting bored and worried in the same time. Nothing could happen to Yuju, right?

     Her cup is almost empty and Yuju is nowhere to be seen. SinB thought that maybe Yuju will not come over so she get up from the chair. She was about to walk away when she felt at tap on her shoulder. In reflex, she turns and met with Yuju’s face.

     “I told you to wait for me.” Yuju said. “Sit.”

     SinB couldn’t say much, she sit. “I thought that something might happen to you.” She said.

‘It is.’ Yuju thought.

     “Aww, now you’re worried about me?” Yuju asks playfully, trying to lift up the mood. SinB scrunch up her face.

     “What?” Yuju said. Hearing nothing from the latter, Yuju continue the talk. “You’re really something.”

     SinB frowns as she look at the latter. “What do you mean?”

Yuju smiles. “What I mean is, you’re different.” SinB is confused.

     “Wae? I’m a human too.” SinB’s answer is too innocent and natural, making the older one to crack a small laugh. “Tsk. By the way, what took you so long?”

     Yuju’s smile faded away. Seeing that, SinB starts to sense something. “Did that doctor make you feel uncomfortable?”

‘How did she know?’

     “No. Why do you think so?” Yuju asks back.

“He makes me feel uncomfortable. Does he always that annoying?” SinB said, feeling annoyed when she remember the look on Seokmin’s face.

     Hearing that, Yuju giggles. “Wae?”

“I don’t know but I feel annoyed with his presence even it was our first time meeting each other.” SinB replies.

‘Me too.’

    

#

 

     Sowon slowly open her eyes as the sun light is piercing into the bedroom through the curtain. Somehow, her left arm feel numb and she is sure that something is lying on it. Slowly, she turns her face to her left, meeting with another beautiful face. A smile crept on her face.

     Her other hand went to caress the latter’s cheek, softly so the girl would not wake up. She leans in and give a lovely kiss on her hair. Eunha felt something on her face and finally open her eyes only to see Sowon’s face that just an inch from her.

     She is startled and shocked, but Sowon is fast enough to hold on her. Maybe because she is taller, she manages to make Eunha to face her properly. Eunha’s heart is beating so fast, that she wish she couldn’t get heart attack.

     Sowon give a peck on her lips, which make her to blush madly. Sowon notices that and decide to tease the girl.

     “Look at you. You’re so cute.” Sowon whispers as she pinch both of Eunha’s face. Eunha is annoyed by that and try to push Sowon away, but fail to do so. Sowon quickly hold onto Eunha’s both hands and lose her balance. She fell on top of her.

     Sowon felt her heart pounding so fast. This position is uncomfortable and yet none of them decide to move first. Eunha’s lips suddenly become so addicting that makes Sowon lose control. She slowly leans in and captures the latter’s lips, kissing her passionately.

     Eunha too don’t know what happen to herself. She replies Sowon’s kiss. She even let the latter on top of her, as the kiss become more passionate. She keep pulling Sowon’s body on her, feeling the warmth.

     After an intense make out session, Sowon pulls away from the kiss. Both of them gasp as they lack of oxygen. Eunha’s lips curve into a smile, pulling Sowon to hug her waist.

     “I love you…” She whispers.

 

     “I love you too… Please don’t leave me.”

 

     “I promise.”

 

#

 

     It’s another typical busy day for the interns, including SinB herself. Her team is leading on the first place and it’s keep them busy all the time. But one thing for sure is, tomorrow is holiday. SinB wish that the time would running faster so she could go home and meet her Yerin unnie.

     It has been a long time since the last call with her. SinB don’t have a time to make a contact and being an understanding unnie Yerin is, she knows SinB’s condition. Although they always fighting every time they meet, Yerin just loves her sister so much. She don’t know what will happen if she’s not there with SinB.

     One day, Yerin is working at her restaurant like another day. But that day had been so busy as customers always come in and out that she got no time to rest. Her employees also told her to take a rest but she refused to do so. One of her employees notice that Yerin looked pale.

     At the end of the day, Yerin entered her office to check on some files. Suddenly, she felt a pain on her left chest that she fell on the floor near her desk. It was fortunate that Chaeyoung, her employee heard a loud thud from her office so she decided to enter.

     Chaeyoung went panic when she felt Yerin collapsed on the floor, so she rushed to her and make her lay on her laps.

     “Unnie, unnie! Can you hear me? Unnie!” Chaeyoung called.

     “My pills… Please…” Yerin said as she pants heavily. Her face became so white. Hearing that, Chaeyoung went to Yerin’s desk and search for her pills. She later came back with the pills and water.

     With the energy that still left in her body, she made herself sit and quickly swallowed the pill. Chaeyoung helped her to lean on the couch. She was still panic. When Yerin looked a bit relax, Chaeyoung started to talk.

     “Unnie, until when you want to hide this from SinB unnie?”

Yerin shook her head.

     “No, Chaengie. She shouldn’t know about this.” She said, half whispering. “Can you promise me something?”

Chaeyoung nodded.

    “Please don’t tell this too SinB. Can you?”

     “But—“

     “Please, Chaengie. SinB would be worried about me. Can you promise me?”

It’s not that Chaeyoung didn’t have a choice. With a heavy heart, she said “Yes.”

 

#

 

SinB’s POV

 

     Yeay! Finally! It’s holiday! I’m so excited to go home today. Well, I can say that it has been 3 weeks since I last saw Yerin unnie. Yeah, I don’t want to admit but I’m serious when I say I kinda miss her. She can be annoying sometimes, yes, but she is still my sister, right?

     Actually, I feel guilty to her. Even though she is not my real sister, she has taken care of me well. I got attached to her since we lived in the orphanage and it was nice to have her until now. I like to , yeah, cause she could be stupid sometimes. Hey, don’t blame me.

     The biggest sacrifice that she made I think is when she decided to stop studying. She did that because she want to support me and our life. I don’t want to hurt her feeling. That’s why I promise myself that I will always be a cheerful sister to her. I would never show my sadness.

     On my desk, there is a photo frame of me and Yerin unnie. I smile as I hold the picture and take a close look on it.

Thank you, unnie.

   

KNOCK KNOCK!

 

     Suddenly, I heard a knock on the door. I look up and saw Yuju unnie is leaning on the door, looking at me with arms crossed. I give her a ‘what’ look. I hope she understand.

     “Going home?” She asks. I nod as I zip my backpack.

“I was about to go home too. Want a ride?”

I look at her curiously. “Seriously?”

     “Yeah, why not? I want to meet Yerin unnie too.”

I think for a second time before saying, “Sure.”

.

.

     The ride to my house is comfortable. We talk about a few things and I like being with her around. Oops, what am I saying?

     Ignore that. I was about to say that I like that we’re becoming closer each day. Yeah, who would know that you could become closer to a pretty doctor. Our first meeting had a reason behind this. Around 30 minutes later, we arrive my house.

     “Yerin unnie! I’m home~” I enter the house as Yuju unnie follows behind.

     “SinB-ah!” Yerin unnie finally pops up from the kitchen and shock to see me. Wait, I have a bad feeling about this. “Omo, Yuju-ah!”

Just what I thought.

     Yerin unnie practically runs pass me and hug…. Yuju unnie? What the heck?!

“Omo, Yuju-ah. It has been a long time. How are you?”

     I grit my teeth as I turn behind to smack Yerin unnie’s head. “Yah, your sister is here.” I said sarcastically. “Haish… This stupid unnie… tsk..tsk..tsk..” I continue talking while shaking my head.

“Yah. Do you want to die that much?” She said.

“Merong~~~” I said and run away to my bedroom, not forgetting to lock the door. I rest for a while before I decide to come out as I think the situation has calm down.

     I walk to the living room, only to see both of them are talking with each other. I join them.

“What are you talking about?” I ask as I sit at the other couch. I glance at Yerin unnie and she seems to hold something in her hand. Somehow, it felt familiar to me. Too familiar.

     “Yah, isn’t that my photo album? Unnie!”

SMACK!

     “Ouch! Yerin unnie!”

     “Rude.”

I glare at her.

     “What? I just want to show it to Yuju.” She said innocent.

Wow. So innocent.

     “Nice try, unnie. Nice try.”

     It’s too late. Yuju unnie must be seen it already. Ah, this is embarrassing.

 

#

 

Yuju’s POV

 

Omo! SinB is so cute! I would like to pinch her cheeks! Yerin unnie shows me another picture of SinB. I could feel that SinB is glaring at us.

     “You’re cute, SinB.” I said and as she heard that, she quickly divert her attention to the TV.

     “What are you talking about?” She mumbles but I can clearly hear it. She doesn’t blush, right?

I stay for another 30 minutes before decide to excuse myself. It’s nice talking to Yerin unnie.

     “You can come here whenever you want, Yuju-ah.” Yerin unnie said before I drive away.

.

.

     “Ah, so tired.” I said as I slump myself onto my bed. Finally, home. I could stay on bed forever today. As long as I want to sleep, I suddenly remember what Seokmin had said that day.

 

[Flashback]

“WHAT?!”

     Seokmin smirked as he heard Yuju’s reaction.

“Why are you so shock? I thought you got the hint when we had dinner a long time ago.” He said, still wearing a face that Yuju wish not to see. This time, Yuju felt so annoyed by his presence.

     “I don’t get it. Why?” Yuju asked. She knew that something is wrong. She could smell it.

Seokmin leaned in to Yuju and made Yuju to lean back. “Don’t you get it? I like you.”

     Yuju gritted her teeth. “So, this is your work?”

“Who else?”

     Her blood was boiling. “One should not control another human’s life.” She said while trying hard to not let her anger out.

“But I can.” Seokmin said, smirking. “My father can.”

     Yuju could not hold it any longer. She better get out before she do something that she don’t even want to think about it. Giving a last glare to the man, Yuju walked away. She was about to leave the room before Seokmin said one last sentence.

 

“Think carefully, Yuju. Don’t forget who is my father.”

 

[End of Flashback]

    

 “Lee Joo Hyun.” I grit my teeth.

 

“You’re TRAITOR!”    

 

TBC...

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Oops.

Yuju's past is slowly revealing.

Why Seokmin's father is a traitor?

Yerin is sick?

 

What's your opinion readers?