Chapter 7

Listen to my Heart Beat

A/N: Sorry guys... I got busy lately. I had to attend a class to get my driving license. Finally, I'm at the legal age to drive! Yeay!!! ^^ By the way, I may get some problems to upload this story since I need to study for the license exam. Pray for me, guys! Ah. I'm so nervous...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

CHAPTER 7

  

Eunha’s POV

     I told Yuju that Sowon are feeling not well so that I need to take her to home. We’re not living together and it has been a long time since I got there. Since we’re starting to date, I never had an opportunity to visit her apartment or otherwise as we’re very busy with the hospital matters.

     During the whole ride, none of us bother to talk. The atmosphere inside the car is so awkward that I couldn’t take it anymore. It is very torturing. I glance to her who is sitting on the passenger seat as she looking out of the window.

     I clear my throat to grab her attention. “So, you aren’t going to tell me?”

Silent.

     It’s okay. This is not the first time I asking her that question. I’ll just let her alone this time. Ugh, why this ride took so long?

     We spend around 40 minutes until we arrive her apartment building. Ugh, the traffic is . We could get arrive earlier though. I park my car at the basement parking area. It’s still silent.

     “We’re here.” I said as I pull the car key off from it’s socket. “I’m going to take you up.” I sigh as I receive no respond from her. I get out from the car and went to the other side. I open the door, taking off the seat belt on her. She finally went out of the car with still shut.

     Sighing for the ninth time, I hold her hand and take her to the elevator. A few minutes later, we arrive in front of her apartment unit. I punch the password code. 3007. It’s a relieved that she never change the door password. But I’m curious about the meaning behind the number. I never ask her. 

     Another awkward moment as we step into her comfy apartment. Sowon’s apartment was decorated with a modern contemporary concept with a little bit of Rome feeling. It’s suit with my taste. I drag her to her bedroom.

     Her bedroom walls were nicely paint with the blue sky colour. It have this calm vibe but I don’t know if I calm or not in this situation.

     “You need a rest.” I said as make her lay on her bed before cover her with her duvet. “I think I should go now.” I said. I notice that now she is staring at me. I was about walk away when I felt a hand was holding onto mine, pulling me to face the person.

     “Don’t go.” She said. “Just don’t go.” Her eyes become teary as she pull me again, make me to sit on her bed. It’s hurt to heard her voice cracked.

     “I won’t go.” I said as I put my hand on her cheek and caress it lovingly.

“I’m sorry.” She said. “Don’t leave me.”

     “Fine.” I whisper. Then, I felt a tug on my shirt as she pull me into her warm embrace. Somehow, I felt secure and safe.

     “Sleep here. Beside me.” She whispers. “Keep me company.”

I look into her eyes and smile. “Okay.” I slide under her duvet and we sleep in each other’s arms.

 

#

 

Yuju’s POV 

 

Ah, it’s already 8.15 pm.

     Just now, I bumped into Eunha and Sowon unnie. Eunha said that Sowon unnie are not feeling well and excused to bring her home. Yeah, I can see it by the expression on Sowon unnie’s face. I thought they were fighting.

     Huh, not that I care much about their love life. I walk towards the ER. Somehow, I felt nervous with each step I take. What’s wrong with you, Yuju? It’s just another schedule and you need to focus. A night shift had always been the busiest especially when you’re in ER.

     Now my heart is beating so furiously when a thought of SinB pass my mind. Right, she is on-duty tonight. Oh no, I’m dutying with her!

 

Oh my God, Yuju, grab yourself a sense!

 

THUD!

 

“Ouch!” I wince. My head is spinning. I think I just bump into something.

Wait,

I’m not bumping into something. I bumped into someone!

     My mind is shouting at me as I being such a clumsy girl today. Although my head is still hurt, I’m more worried for the person that I’m bumping into. She also release a soft groan as she rub her head. The moment she look up to me, I gasp.

     “Omo, SinB-ah!”

It’s her!

     “Are you alright? I’m sorry!” I said, panicked. She also got startled when she saw me.

“It’s okay, unnie.” She said. “It’s my fault too.”

     “I’m sorry again.” I said, hanging my head low. I couldn’t lay my eyes on her. I’m afraid to make an eye contact with her.

“I said—“

 

BEEP BEEP!

 

“CODE BLACK, CODE BLACK!”

     Omo! There’s an emergency! I look to SinB.

“There’s an emergency! Let’s go!” SinB and I are running wildly through the hall, carefully so we don’t bump into other patient. As we arrive the front door, there are three ambulance awaiting for us. A person was taking out by the nurse and rescue team and carefully place them on the bed.

     “Choi songsaengnim, there are three people got shot on their chest!”

A nurse inform the real situation as I went to the patient. I put my hand on top of his chest, pushing the wound as blood is oozing. “Bring him to the surgery room. Ppali!”

     “You’re going with me.” I said to SinB. She nods and we run to the surgery room.

 

#

 

SinB’s POV

 

      3 damn hours trapping in the surgery room is torturing me enough. We finally get to take out all 4 bullets from the patient’s chest, to be exact, his heart. The first time I look at his condition, I thought that he wouldn’t make it. Damn, it was impossible to take out all of it before his heart stop beating.

     But miracle did happen. In front of my eyes, Yuju unnie took out 4 bullets and make all people in the room gasp and awe with her skill. I think that she is great. She is young, yet she has a skill like she had did it for 100 times.

     I took off the mask, leaning my back on the chair, sighing. My both hands are stiff. The tiredness still engulfing me but then, I felt someone is claiming a seat beside me. It’s her.

     “Tired?” I ask. She nods in reply, while holding on the mask. “I’m honoured that I can see you perform a surgery right in front of my eyes.” I pause before continuing, “You’re no joke.”

     She turns and face me. “You think I’m a joke?”

“No. What I mean is, your skills are so great. I haven’t seen any young doctor could perform a surgery like she is a 50 years old doctor with many experience.”

     I saw she smiles. “Is that a compliment?”

     “You think?”

     “Ah, chincha.” She scoffs.

I suddenly remember my chocolate that I always bring with me. I take it out and show it in front of her face. She was startled.

     “Where did you get this?” She asks. I know, she is shock because how I have this chocolate with me when we’re just get out of the surgery room.

     “Here.” I said while patting my stomach. Actually, I always slide my snack in my pants or skirt. It’s my secret pocket. I saw she scrunch up her face.

     “Eww.”

I frown. “Are you going to take it or not?”

     She look at my face and then to the chocolate in my hand, and back to my face. “Yes. I’m hungry.” She said and take the chocolate.

I smile.

 

#

 

     Actually, Yuju is still hungry even after she finishing the chocolate that SinB gave to her and not to mention, she didn’t even offer a bite for the latter. SinB is watching at her silently, judging the beauty of the angel. Without knowing, she is smiling like an idiot and that doesn’t go unnoticed by Yuju who already finish her finger.

     “Why are you smiling?” She asks, and that’s make SinB snapped to the reality.

     “N-Ne?”

     Yuju frowns. “I asked, why are you smiling?”

“I-It’s my mouth. I can smile whenever I want.” SinB said, trying to be sarcastic but fail because she’s stuttering. “Why are you looking at me like that?” SinB asks as she notice that Yuju has been look at her for quite sometimes.

     “It’s my eyes. I can look at you whenever I want.” Yuju said and that slaps SinB on her face. She is blushing madly.

     “Your face is red, are you alright?” Yuju asks as she leans closer to SinB’s face. SinB is indeed was taken aback by the gap between them and that’s make her face redder and hot. Unknowingly, she put a hand on Yuju’s shoulder, slowly pushing the latter to make her stop.

     Yuju is startle too, but she is more worried with Sinb’s condition. She too, put a hand on SinB’s right cheek.

     ‘Damn it. Her face is too close!’ SinB is mentally screaming in her head. She is slowly wishing that her heart beat would not beat too loud or Yuju would hear it.

     “I think because you’re tired. Let’s go eat something.” Yuju said as she stand up. SinB release a faint sigh, she had hold her breath for quite a long time. She got clueless when the doctor is offering her hand.

     “Let’s go?” Yuju asks. SinB finally got the hint and reach for her hand. She somehow felt an electrical feeling as her skin touch the latter’s. Even this is not the first time, SinB is nervous as hell. She afraid that her hand would feel cold and sweaty.

     Later, they walk together to the cafeteria, side by side. SinB couldn’t even lift her head. But then, she heard a loud footstep from behind, sound like someone has been running along the hall. She turns her face to look behind and shocked to see that someone in black suit is running into their direction.

     SinB’s got panic. They would bumped into each other and would hurt badly. As the footstep getting nearer, SinB tighten the hold on Yuju’s grip and somehow alert the latter. When Yuju is about to look at SinB, she was shock when the latter push her to the wall and her body also fell on her due to the impact.

     The man in black suit already ran pass them and a few men also run after him. It was a panic situation when the other people also got shocked. Meanwhile Yuju, she is blushing madly as SinB’s body is pressing against her. She know that the latter don’t have any intention, but it’s not like she doesn’t like it too.

     Slowly, SinB who is watching the men that ran pass them, turns her face to the front. Their eyes met. Both faces are red and hot, but none of them move. It’s only after a voice interrupting them.

     “Choi songsaengnim,”

     Yuju got retract and turns her face to look at the person. Her eyes widen and she quickly push SinB as the latter also snapped to the reality. SinB had notice that Yuju is looking at something, no, it’s someone actually. SinB also diverts her eyes to see who is it.

     In front of them, a tall man is wearing the same white coat as them, looking weirdly. From what SinB’s judge, he must be a doctor in this hospital too.

     “Lee songsaengnim, what are you doing here?” Yuju asks.

The man frowns. “I think I should be the one who asking you. What are you doing here and who is she?”

     SinB doesn’t like the way he talks. She don’t know why too. It is their first encounter with him and she already dislike this man. She has a bad feeling about him.

     “She is an intern under my team.” Yuju said. Seokmin turns to look at SinB and he is looking at her up and down, judging the latter in his mind. SinB become uncomfortable so suddenly.

     “May I know your name?” He asks.

     “My name is Hwang Eunbi but people is calling me SinB. Nice to meet you.”

Seokmin smirks. “Ah, intern SinB. I’m Lee Seokmin, a neurosurgeon and this hospital president’s son.”

     SinB’s eyes went wide Seokmin’s words. She doesn’t expect this man to be the hospital president’s child. But it’s not that she care.

     “Ah, I see.” SinB said and it makes Seokmin to frown again. He doesn’t like the latter too.

     Yuju could feel the tense that built between them and decide to break the silence. “Ah, Lee songsaengnim, what’s make you to come here?”

     It’s a relieved that Seokmin now stop glaring at SinB and pay his attention to Yuju. “I was looking for you.” He smiles. “Can we talk for a while?”

     Yuju looks to SinB. SinB smiles and mouth “It’s okay,” to her. She leans in and whispers, “Can you wait me at the cafeteria? I’ll be there in no long.” SinB nods and left the both of them.

     “What is it?” Yuju asks, to make the time shorter.

     “Let’s talk in my office.”

 

#

 

     “Can you say something? We’ve been silent for 5 minutes.” Yuju said as she felt uneasy with the situation between them. They are currently sitting in Seokmin’s office to talk, but the man still doesn’t say anything.

     “Wae? Worried that the intern would wait for you too long?” Seokmin asks with a hint of sarcastic, but Yuju didn’t buy it. She remain silent.

     “She is just an intern. I’m here to talk to you about a really serious matter.” He said again. Yuju is pissed off with him but she couldn’t show it.

     To be honest, Yuju don’t like the way Seokmin is talking about SinB. Hey, she had a name and her name is SinB. Yuju is feeling offended.

     “So, what is the serious matter? Say it fast.”

     “Whoa, relax girl.” Seokmin said and let a soft giggle. “I was about to.”

Yuju looks at him with an interest eyes. “Make it fast.”

 

“The matter is…”

 

Yuju is waiting.

 

“…my father suggest that…”

 

Still waiting.

 

“…we should get engage.”

.

.

“WHAT?!”

 

TBC...