Chapter 1

Listen to my Heart Beat

A\N: So, this is my first attempt to write Gfriend's story. Well, English is not my first language so I'm apologise in the first place. I've been keeping my eyes on them since the glass bead era because I've seen SNSD in themselves. Yup, I'm a SONE and also a BUDDY! Please show support to my story and feel relax to comment. It will encourage me a lot. Kamsahamnida!!! ^^

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

CHAPTER 1 

     “Nae, unnie….Arasso…” SinB pushed the lift button as her other hand was holding onto the phone near her left ear.

DING!

     “Yeah, I’m entering the lift now…” Without hesitation, she entered the empty lift as she pushed the 8th floor button. Just as the lift door was about to shut, a hand stop it and suddenly a group of people wearing white and blue uniform entered the lift.

     “OMO!” SinB was shocked, she even left open, without knowing to close it. She was startled by the scene that was playing in front of her eyes.

     A bed was pulled inside the elevator. On top of it, it seemed like the patient was in a very critical state as the doctor was sitting on the patient’s stomach, giving some pushes on his chest. While the other were busy on saving the patient’s life, SinB was still mesmerized by the scene. She couldn’t take her eyes off from the doctor.

     “We cannot wait anymore! He need an emergency surgery! Prepare it as soon as possible!” The doctor shouted.

      No matter how crazy the situation in the lift right now, SinB still could focusing on one particular person. Somehow, maybe because she was staring a lot at the doctor, their eyes met for the first time.

     But it doesn’t seem to last even for three second. The latter was back to her job. SinB was gasping for a moment before she heard a loud noise coming from her phone. Yeah, she was still on the phone.

DING!

     It was the 6th floor. Not her destination but it were the doctors’. As soon as they run off leaving the lift, SinB put back the phone near to her ear.

     “Nae, unnie?”

A moment passed.

     “YAH! SINB-AH! What happened? What with the loud noise over there? Are you alright?” Hence, she was getting an attack from the other line.

     “It were the doctors, Yerin unnie. Don’t worry too much. I’m alright.” She answered. “Haish…You hurt my ear, you know?”

     “Yah, I’m worried if something happened to you. Look, I’ve to go now. Send my regards to Halmeoni, okay?”

     “Hmm…See you at home. Bye.”

 

#
 

     The call ended. Haish…That unnie. SinB thought. Yerin is her foster sibling. The only one she could depend on. Yerin is two years older than her and that’s make her to be responsible towards SinB. Both of them were orphans back then but when Yerin turned 6 and SinB was 4, a couple had adopted them together as their daughters.

     They went together very well. They lived as a real family. Yerin had submit her study at Myungseong University while SinB was in her last year in high school. But, on the day she took her SAT exam result, their foster parent had involved in an accident. Luck was not on their side. They were left alone.

     Since they were not that wealthy, Yerin had to do everything to support her study and SinB too. It was hard for both of them. Yerin had decided to give up on her study and using the little money they had to open a fried chicken restaurant. Her business was a success, she got quite a lot of money to support both of them. She used it to support SinB study. And now, SinB is studying at KAIST in medical field.

    

Okay, enough about the background. Let’s get back to the story.

 

     “Where is room 806?” SinB mumbled to herself. She was visiting her neighbour, a granny who lives alone. She had helped them for years. Yerin and SinB already think her as their own Halmeoni.

     A few steps later, she found the room. It was a relief to see that Halmeoni doing well. They had  a few talks about 45 minutes before SinB excused herself to go home.

     “Halmeoni, I will visit you again. Next time, I’ll make sure to drag Yerin unnie with me.” SinB said.

     “It’s okay, SinB-ah. I know she is very busy lately.” Halmeoni replied with a smile. She really understands the two siblings.

     “But still, Halmeoni…”

     “Enough, SinB…You need to go home now. It’s getting late.”

     SinB looked down. “Okay, Halmeoni. Don’t forget to eat the medicines. I’ll take my leave now. Anyeong…”

 

     After the short visit, SinB made her way towards the elevator. DING! The elevator door went open and no one in there.

“Huh, it’s like a déjà vu.” She mumbled as she enter the empty lift. The lift went down but it suddenly stopped, much to her knowing. “Oh oh, wae? What’s happening?”

     The elevator door opened and a familiar person with white coat entered the lift. The door closed. Till then, SinB was froze on her spot. She didn’t even dare to blink an eye.

 

OMO! That’s the doctor again!

      

     Her heart screams. Slowly, she turned her head to the side, looking at the figure who was standing a meter away from her. The latter was too immersed with her phone. SinB was relieved.

     But it doesn’t last long. For the second time, their eyes met again. SinB could felt her heart had skipped a beat when the other was smiling at her. Oh my… SinB could swear it was the sweetest smile ever that she had seen. She dare to cut her finger!

 

But then, the latter frowned which made SinB confused. She lifted her eye brows at the latter.

 

     “Omo! It’s you!” The person claimed.

 

     “Dae?”

 

     “Aigoo… Is this a coincidence? It’s you! The one who was in the same lift with me that time!”

 

SinB’s mouth left agape. “You recognises me?”

 

      “Of course. Nice meeting you here.” The latter said while smiling. “By the way, I’m Choi Yuna songsaengnim. I work here.” She said as she extended her hand for a shake.

     SinB seemed to startle by it but however, she managed to do a hand shake with her, even she was trembled a lot. “I’m Hwang Eunbi. Nice to meet you.”

 

DING!

 

     “Oh, I need to go. See you when I see you, okay?” Yuna bid a good bye and disappeared behind the closing door.

     “Omo, what was that? Did I just touch her hand?” SinB mumbled under her breath while looking at her own hand which was sweating a lot. “Wah, daebak!”

 

#

 

CLICK!

 

     It’s the sound of the front door close. Yerin who was preparing dinner at the kitchen left her cooking to see the one who just got back.

     “SinB, is that you?” She asked.

 

     SinB who just got back slumped herself on the couch. “Hmm. I’m so tired, unnie. Did you finish cooking?”

     “It will be ready in 5 minutes. Go bath, stinky human being.” Yerin pushed her younger sister into her room before closing the door.

     “Yah, unnie! How dare you! Unnie!”

     “Suit yourself! Come out later after you finish!”

 

#

 

     “Wow…It’s meat!” SinB said as she sat on the chair while Yerin sat in the opposite of her. “What’s the occasion?”

     Yerin looked at her frowning. “What occasion? I just thought to cook some meat today.” She answered and shove a spoonful rice in . “And you, you look different.”

     SinB stopped picking the meat and looked up to Yerin. “Wae?”

 

     “How was your study?” Yerin asked.

 

     “I’m doing well. Wae?”

 

     “Just because.” Yerin shrugged. “You look extra cheerful today. Wae? Something happy happened? Did Taehyung confess to you?”

 

     SinB widen her eyes. “Unnie!” She hit the latter. “I’ve nothing to do with him.” She said then shoved a piece of meat in . “We’re friends. Nothing more or nothing less. Plus, he is an alien.”

     Yerin smirked. “Whatever. Then, why are you being extra happy today?”

 

     “Unnie. You don’t know me? I’m SinB!” SinB exclaimed like she is the worldwide trending.

 

     “Yeah, you are SinB and you are sooooo mystery.” Yerin scoffed.

 

     “Whatever, unnie… I’m quit.” SinB lifted her bowl up and walked to the living room, leaving Yerin alone at the table.

 

     “SinB? YAH! Don’t you dare to leave this table! SINB-ah!” Yerin shouted but when SinB is trolling, she don’t care the surrounding anymore.

 

Heol, our SinB.

 

#

 

     It has been two days since the last encounter with that pretty doctor. Yeah, SinB just decided to call the latter as pretty doctor instead of calling her as Choi songsaengnim. It’s not that she gonna talk to her again. The percentage to meet her again in this big hospital is totally less than 5%. However, she would be grateful if she happen to meet that pretty doctor again.

     This time, SinB came to visit Halmeoni with Yerin. Yerin closed the restaurant early today so they could go there together. It was 9.05 pm when they arrived the room.

     “Omo, Halmeoni! We’re here!” Yerin said as soon as they saw the old woman lying on the bed.

 

     “Aigoo, you came. You must be tired.” She said.

 

     “It’s okay, Halmeoni. We’re fine.” The chat went well but it just happen between Yerin and Halmeoni. SinB was already passed out on the comfy couch in the room.

     “Haish… this kid. Excuse me, Halmeoni. Can you take care of SinB for a while? I’m going to get her some coffee.”

     “Leave her to me. Now go.” Yerin stepped out from the room just like she said. Meanwhile SinB, she stirred a bit before open her eyes.

     “Oh, where is Yerin unnie?” Groggily, she get up from the couch and walked near the bed.

“Your unnie is getting you a coffee. Sit here.” Just like she being commanded, she sat on a chair that provided near the bed while stifle a yawn.

     “Aigoo…you look so tired lately.” Halmeoni said while caressing her head. SinB’s lips curved upward. “Yeah… Lately, we received more assignment and thesis to finish. Moreover, it’s near to my practical. I must work harder in order to be choose.” She confessed.

     “It must be hard on you. It’s okay, sleep here.” SinB finally put her head on the bed before driving off to the dreamland less than a minute.

     But later, there was a knocking sound on the door, the door was opened and there were three people entered the room. SinB was still sleeping and didn’t realise that people came.

     The doctor and the two nurses glanced at SinB who was sleeping. The doctor smiled.

 

“Anyeong, Halmeoni. We came to check on you.” She said. “Is this your grandchild?” The doctor asked.

 

“Yes, you can say that. She is someone close to me. More like my grandchild.” Halmeoni said while caressing SinB’s head.

 

     The door clicked open. A figure entered and shocked to see the doctor. “Omo, songsaengnim! Do you come to check on Halmeoni?”

It was Yerin.

     “Nae. We just came.” The doctor said.

 

     “Ah…” Yerin replied. But then, her eyes caught a figure that still sleeping, not knowing what is happening around her.

     “Yah!” She hissed at the latter as her hand hit her shoulder lightly. “SinB, wake up! The doctor is here!” Yerin’s face was as red as tomato. She sure was embarrassed by this. But SinB is a heavy sleeper when she is tired.

     “Yah!” Yerin tried again. She looked at the other who seemed so interest by the scene. Yerin grinned at the doctor. “This will take a while.”

Lastly, after a huge embarrassment hit Yerin’s face, she finally hit the latter’s head, loudly.

     “Aww!” Finally. The said person woke up. Her vision was yet blurry but she could sense that someone is looking at her. After a few seconds, her vision came clear and her eyes went wide when her eyes made a contact with certain eyes.

 

     “Anyeong,” The person smiled, “Hwang Eunbi-ssi.”

 

TBC...

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Chapter 1 done! Sorry for lacking a lot. 

How was it?

Leave your comment below. I will appreciate it a lot.