One Never Truly Dies

A Shadow of Snow

It’s autumn again
Light starts to journey away
Our beauty grows weak
Covered in frost we fade

..........................................................

A/n: Omygawwwwwwwwwwwwd the day is over!!! what angst.

^^image is of Yeunja

..............................................................

Jae-yup POV:

It’s finally silent. But…is that even a good thing? I look at the couch where Minho lies passed out in the arms of my sister. Her cheeks are still drenched in tears, but she’s no longer sobbing.

“Yeun-ja.” I whisper. Drawing her gaze from the window, she looks toward me. Her hand comes up to wipe her face and she curves her lips in what’s supposed to be an encouraging smile. “It doesn’t feel real. It feels like some stupid twist in a drama where all the other characters think someone’s dead but then they ride in and save the day at the end.” She pushed a lock of hair from Minho's face. “No one knows if there will even be a tomorrow, you won’t know if you will wake up in the morning, but you won’t know if anyone else will wake up either. So what’s the use in fighting it? What’s the use in being upset? At least he’s okay now. He’s okay. His body doesn’t hurt, his heart isn’t aching, and his mind is in peace. He’s in paradise. We'll grieve… it’s natural to do that. But this too shall pass… it won’t hurt forever, right?. There will come a moment where we’ll accept this, and see nothing but the good in it… guarding the precious memories in our hearts, for one never truly dies.”

A tear escaped from my eyes.

“Thank you.” Minho whispered.

She smiled down at him. “Go back to sleep.”

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

 

Taemin POV:

How much time had passed since I, for lack of a better term, died? Night had long since fallen over the world. Hovering in the inky sky a full moon gazed down on the silent land below, bathing it in silver, ethereal light. The trees were alive with noise, and two more vampires had joined us.

Vampire. Oh, the irony. How my “family” would love to hear the news. Guys guess what? I found a cave in the forest where vampires hide out during the day! Wanna know why? Because I’m a vampire!! What a joy.

“So..if your name’s Kibum, why the hell do you go by ‘Key’?”

“Because I do, why the hell do you wanna know?” The blonde asked Jonghyun. Wait, his name was Key..err…Kibum.

“Names aren’t really the problem right now you guys. I’m hungry, just as I’m sure the rest of you are…and we have a newbie who’s probably hungry enough to go mad right now and murder us all. How much time do we have before daylight?” The white-over-black haired one was saying. His name was…Kyou?

And, now that it was mentioned, I really was hungry.

“About three hours.” Jonghyun sighed. “But, unless you plan on killing someone (in which case, I’m out), there isn’t a way we can come up with a suitable meal.”

“Unless…” Key suddenly smiled. “Kyou…do you remember the phone number of that half-vamp we met?”

“What!?” I shrieked the question, giving everyone a shock. “There are really such things!?!?!?!?!? Ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod!!!! I gotta go…tell someone...or do something…How!? Does that mean humans and vampires can really..ummm..”

“Yeah. They can.” Key confirmed. “Now calm your and shut up.” He turned back to Kyou. “What was his name? On-you?”

“Lee Jinki…but he goes by ‘Onew’.”

“Aish! What is with you guys and your weird nicknames. That makes absolutely no sense!” Jonghyun complained.

“Shut it, flower boy.” Key barked. “Kyou, call him. He’s a doctor so he’ll have blood bags and stuff like that.”

“If he’s only half…then what does the sun do to him?” I wondered aloud.

Kyou answered as he dialed. “It has no effect..and he still gets to live forever… Lucky bastard.” He chuckled. “Hey, Onew….Yeah, I need your help…Uh-huh…No, I can come pick it up if you’re quick...Okay...…But we have a newborn……Yup. Okay, bye.”

“Where is he?” Jonghyun asked.

“A house not too far from here. Just across the river. If we run, we can make it…but I’ll go by myself.”

“Ta-dah! Problem solved.” Key sang. I smiled at the goofy look on his face. He grabbed Kyou by the arm and pulled him to the door of the cave. “Buh-bye!!! Hurry up.” And, like a blurry shadow blending back into the night, Kyou was gone.

There was a long silence as we all just stood there, having met each other today for the first time.

“So…” I started. “Vampires.”

Key snorted loudly. “So…a vampire hunter? I’ll say, that’s a new one.”

“Yeah…I have a talent for screwing things up.” Jonghyun explained.

......................................................

A/N: Good chapter? I thought it was a little boring but...ah well