Chilly Spring

Never say never

The season was changing. Spring is approaching although the wind are still slightly chilly in the month of March. Both JooHyuk and SungKyung did not cross path with one another at their individual projects since the last. But both their names has been frequently brought up in news due to the great chemistry they had in the recent drama. Many mentioned the rates lost out not because they are not experience actors. But the popularity of the other drama of the same time slot was overwelming. In fact, many were raving how well they have acted. Both actors continue to receive offers for dramas, movies and commercial deals.

JooHyuk has been taking break here and there with his family and close friends. He could not find peace with the lingering feelings he has for SungKyung after all these while. He had been very curious when he saw reports of her sharing her love life. Knowing that she's a late bloomer comforts him; that not many guys made moves on her. On one of his day off, he met up with his model friends from YGKplus. In fact, SungKyung was also from the same family. Be it YGKplus to YGE. Both elvolved from model to actor. They have a common dream. Excel to where it may bring them to. Her passion was well known and a handful of younger models look upon her as role model. Her versality was her attraction.

"JooHyuk ah, have you seen SungKyung recently? That woman has become even more alluring! I had a magazine shoot with her yesterday. I mean, she is still fun like hell but somehow.. different. Her tom-boyish seems to have lessen. Will it be because she has got herself a boyfriend already?"

He didnt like the bitter feeling. Her name made him curious but the ending turned his eyes cold. "SungKyung noona? What concept was the shoot about? Mature? Why didnt you ask her out since you see her as a woman now?",he tried to get more answers.

"We did a lovey dovy concept since spring is around the corner. Hey! Thats rude. I've always see her as a woman. Its her who dosent see us as men! So we all had to make the pathetic reason saying she's too brother-ish to be our love interest. Only you had totally no interest in such a beautiful ecentic girl. You only wanted to hang around Ha-Eun. Admit it you rascal! You cant accept older woman, thats why she was long out of sight. You dont know what you are missing boy."

The revealation shocked him. 'Its her who doesnt see us as men? Does that mean those who claimed her as brother liked her before?' He did not realise that his prefrence in girls was so obvious that he was talking more to Ha-Eun than SungKyung. "Since most of you liked her, why didnt any of you tried harder? Is she those type who play hard to get? Noona dont give me that feeling though. Yah! Ha-Eun is like a younger sister than i wished i had!" But he knows Ha-Eun has a crush on him when she joined the company. Even til now, she still habour the same feelings but he had turned her down when she asked to try again. She's sweet and pretty, his type of girl next door. They could click very well but she does not stay on his mind when they are not together. They had been together for a while, until he realise what he felt for her was siblings and not lovers.

"Thats right. She's not even playing around with us. Some of us tried. Even she herself tried but this woman knows what she wants. She's not into simple love that only last a few months. Her frankness in what she's looking for in a relationship make us puppy over her even more eventhough she rejected us. But where we are now, its still great to have a friend like her around. Hey, we all know Ha-Eun loves you as a man up to today! But you ruthlessly continue to mislead her by treating her like a precious gem after breaking up. How can that poor cutie move on or admit to herself that you dont feel anything towards her? Eh.. you are afterall still a young kid."

JooHyuk's mind was all about SungKyung. He didnt know she was such a deep person when it comes to love. She was always playing around with everyone. Somehow he's glad that the woman that has been appearing in his mind is a good natured one. Yet he felt frustrated when the way he dealed with his personal matters are still considered a teenager. He's upset that he was leading on a woman he had no feelings for because he has not been clear to her. Taking out his phone, he texted Ha-Eun. "Ha-Eun arh.. are you free to  have a meal at YG Cafeteria tomorrow?" The reply was instant. "Oppa! I have no schedule tomorrow but why at YG? Im fine with it anyway. So, see you at 12pm? Miss you!" He didnt bother to reply anymore.

Following some of the YGKplus models, Ha-Eun too wanted to be a actor. She was secretly jealous of SungKyung but very supportive towards JooHyuk. They say woman's competiveness are scary. She felt it within herself when she saw how her senior breakthough effortlessly into the acting world with a good drama to begin with. Morever, the cast was her role model Gong HyoJin. She hates to admit that she's pretty even if she had undergone surgery on her eyes. Every male model in the company adores her. She even had female model singing her praises. They barely had any chances to communicate because she would walk away when she's around. Her aura was too much for her to handle. She couldnt take her brightness. The only thing she was happy about was no one wanted to date her eventhough they find her attractive. Yet as a rookie, she had been in a relationship with the cutest model in YGKplus.

"Oppa! Im here!",Ha-Eun called out to JooHyuk when she saw him walking in. She made appearance in his last drama. Seeing him again set flutters in her tummy all over again. Even though they have broken up, he still treats her like a girlfriend. She has been waiting patiently for him to come back to her. Keeping a distance from her, he took his seat opposite her. "What would you like to have? Have you seen today's menu Ha-Eun? Shall we order at the counter together?" Ha-Eun stared at him weirdly. All along, he would ask her what she wants and get it for her. Now, he's asking her to get her own food. She didnt like it one bit but seeing how he's not giving in, they went to order they food seperately. They chatted casually like usual until he spoke up with a firm tone.

"Ha-Eun ah. I dont want there to be anymore misunderstanding between us. I will not repeat myself again so hear it well this time. I like you as a younger sister. There wont be any future or further progress from that. I am sorry for leading you on thinking we could get back together. No. It wont happen. So i am going to be harsh now. I will draw the line deep so you can let our history go. We can still hang out but you have to be independant from now on. Do you get what i am saying?"

Tears welled up in Ha-Eun eyes. She is afterall only 20. Deep inside her, she knows she has to move on. She knows JooHyuk clearly meant what he said. Just as she was about to speak up, she caught JooHyuk's sight at another direction. Turning around, she saw the woman that evokes the child in her. The way JooHyuk looks at her further made her acted rashly. Catching him offguard, Ha-Eun hugged JooHyuk infront of SungKyung when she saw her waving to JooHyuk so happily. Her immense jealousy took over her sane mind.

Giving Ha-Eun some time to think what he had said, JooHyuk looked elsewhere, away from her sorrowful eyes. Out of the corner, he saw the faces whose voices was heard nearing them. It was the woman he missed badly together with JiSoo? His mind was lost. JiSoo is not from their company but why is he allowed to enter? Both of them were talking and laughing like some long time friend. The only perk he got was when she saw him and waved at him enthusiatically. In that one second, his world crashed. The woman he missed is looking at him getting hugged. JiSoo knew about Ha-Eun and kiddingly told SungKyung whether should they turn back their direction to give the young couple some space. One step back plus her laugh made him pry Ha-Eun off him before calling out, "Noona!".