Summer heat

Never say never

2017 F/W fashion show has began. SungKyung was fully booked by almost all the top brands of Korea. Togther with her consist of the models turned actors too. The line up consist of Beyond Closet, Leyii, Resurrection, 87MM, General Idea, J KOO, JUUN.J with to go pieces for everyday casual wear brands like BLANKOF and Gentlemonster all in that week long. As it wasnt busy enough for her, SungKyung caught a cold due to the hectic filming of her new movie Broker. Being the professional her, not once did she show her weak state. To her, its like a comeback to the runway world. The first job that gave her a paycheck and opened her eyes to the media circle.

"Here, drink this. I heard it helps although it doesnt work on me.",HyukSoo came up from behind her when she's doing her hair anf makeup for the first show of the week. Into the years of his runway career, she caught his attention when she made her first. From a amature to a professional, she matured perfectly into a charaismatic model on the runway. She heeds advice to tone up her body and let herself go while walking. Head turns to her and followed as she goes. From a meeky shy girl to one down to earth woman. He concluded that when he met her again when YoungKwang brought her to their hangout place. So happen he was there at the time and he's glad he was. As they all are, switching from a model to a actor wasnt easy. The critics they all had to overcome, only they know. Casually he asked for her number. Not because he's interested in her but he felt she will be a nice friend to hang around. Not many are able to get into his phone list anyway.

Recognising his deep gothic voice, she glared at him for his un-useful herbal drink. "Is this given to you by some screaming fans who worries your deep voice go girlie? Thats why it didnt work on you?" That was how they usually converse. They bicker like enemy but both know its a facade of a concern. He is not used to showing people his emotions. She managed to see him through and not expose him about it. Many were misunderstood by his cool exterior. He's in-fact wamer than most guys who acted as if they care. A genuine man. She gave him that title when he helped her through the rough months of getting back into shape after gaining weight for the last drama. Known for his killer body, she asked for his advice on losing the fats that was starting to get into her depressing side. In less than a month of intense workout, she managed to shed off and gained back her toned physiq. All thanks to his encouraging push.

"You two... stop it. People see it as fighting but i see something else. Dont make me jealous. HyukSoo, dont you have to prepare? You are opening for tonight. Shoo. I will ensure she drinks that. Now, go away." Famous MUA and good friend to them both, RiSae chased him away. Its not long ago that news of them both surfaced in the net. Pictures of them exercising together in the gym located near SungKyung's apartment. Aside of that, they do not live in the same neighbouthood to fend off those dating news. "Its obvious he likes you. So why are you two not together? Unni knows both of you are not those kind who date in secret. Do you not like him? Or you have other concern in mind? Take your time to make a decision. Thats what you are good in. No false hope." Risae asked while fixing her up. The Lee SungKyung she come to love like a younger sister does not flirt around when men shower affection on her. She kept her mind straight all these while, not leading anyone on, drawing the line clearly. Towards SungKung, HyukSoo protray the real him when he likes a woman. But towards any men, SungKyung jokes with no underlying meaning of interest. It was clear cut. That was how HyukSoo fall for her over the time he got to know her. A woman worth to have around and be loved.

"Unni, i am at a crossroad. I am not gonna deny that i have no feelings for HyukSoo oppa. But somehow, something else is stopping me from walking towards him. So, before i get my thoughts through, i will not hurt anyone dear to me. I cant be selfish. We all deserve happiness." SungKyung said with a coarse voice as she picked up the flask HyukSoo left for her.

At the other end of the studio, JooHyuk was getting ready too. His schedule allowed him to take up the week's fashion show. Being nearby to one particular woman enhanced his anticipation for the fashion week but looking over at the main model of tonight's show, Lee SooHyuk Lee HyukSoo whatever his name is, made him crease his brow slightly. It brought back bitter flashes when news reported both SungKyung and him are dating. If there wasnt the pictures, he would have not bothered. Heard from many, he definitely likes her to not mind being in a dating rumor. Everyone is guessing what's her decision was since YGE as usual commented they do not interfere on their actors' personal matters. While she has been asked on their dating status during recent interviews. All she replied was 'We are not dating. If we are, i will admit it. The same for him too.' JooHyuk know thats the truth. SungKyung does not like to date in secret nor will she purposely date openly. She only wanted to be herself when dating the man she love without putting on a mask. 'Isnt that more obvious that you are someone and you want them to guess who you are?' Her words when they had this conversation long ago. JooHyuk cant contain his frustration when he saw HyukSoo walking over to the girls' area with a thermoflask in hand. He overhead his friends teasing him on the overflowing care he has for SungKyung. JooHyuk know what was that for. He knows she hasnt been feeling well. Lee SooHyuk isnt the only one in contact with her. His fist clenched tight.

She would not have fallen sick if its not because of the long hours filming under the rain. A rookie actor could not get into his character and had to retake the scene for the entire day. Not wanting to pressure him, she gave him support and finally everyone's perserverance paid off. With medication, her flu still got worse due to insufficient rest. On the rest day she had, she was asked to YGE for a meeting. It was the once a year roundtable with all the actors under the company. Not saying a word, JooHyuk noticed her frail state immediately. He did not attract unnecessary attention but silently supporting her weak body with his at a corner. That day, she was thankful that the senior actors took the stage so no one noticed JooHyuk's attentiveness on her. All managers were given a off day so the young man insisted on getting her home when everything ended. The ride back was quiet. She fell asleep to the soothing music that was coming out from his car's audio system. On and off, he has been looking at her serene face at every other possible chances or when the traffic light was red.

Letting out a breath, he parked his car and looked at the sleeping one. Its the first time he has ever been to a apartment of a lady who lives alone. The security guard gave him a look but he didnt cared much. Quietly opening the side of her door, he unbuckle her seatbelt as lightly as possible. Her hot breaths were breathing against his cheeks. Turning his head, their faces were only centimeters apart. Placing his hand on her forehead, he checked her temperature. Letting out a sigh of worry, he lifted her off the seat and carried her towards the lift number where her apartment is. Inwardly, he praised himself for asking the necessary information on the unit of her place before she dozed off earlier on. Yet the next second he cursed himself for not asking the access pin code to her door. Softly, he gave her body a shake and whispered asking for the code. All the while, SungKyung has been drifting in and out of her tiredness. She felt secure, very much.

Laying her on the bed, he went off to the kitchen. Preparing a bucket of ice water and a hand towel to cool her head down a little, JooHyuk stayed by her side throughout. The only time he looked around her comfy pad was when he needed the restroom. Frame of pictures at every corner. Her family. Like him, she's also the only child. There's her playing the piano. Friends she has. The one pic that captured his attention most was the before and after surgury of her eyes. On it wrote "always remember who you are." he smiled unknowingly at her principle in life. Walking back to her bedside, he carassed her cheeks. In seconds, he too fallen asleep. Holding her hand in his, near to his lips.

"JooHyuk ah.." SungKyung spoke softly. She didnt know she had been sleeping for hours. The sun has already set. Trying to get off bed, she was held onto by a hand doubled her size. His presence surprised her. He should have gone home long ago. Looking at his sleeping face, she smiled. He's really a charmer. Sometimes boyish, sometimes manly. He stayed to nurse her back. She felt touched. The JooHyuk she know isnt one who treat a noona to this extend. Awkwardness surrounded them when he took a sudden move and opened his eyes. Immediately letting go of her hand, he apologized and stammered asking if she's feeling better. Breaking the silence, SungKyung asked if he wants to grab dinner before making his move. Walking to the convenience store opposite her place, they both seat next to one another waiting for the instant noodle to soften.

"Any news about the fashion week? I spoke to some of the designers. Their concept for their runway is pretty interesting. I'm glad im part of the team." SungKyung started the comversation.

"Yes. I was going to tell you this morning but i doubt you are in the state to remember even if i did. I saw your name in every slot i am in. So, we will be seeing one another Ms.Lee." JooHyuk shared his. He decided not to call her noona since she didnt prefer that naming. But calling her name straight made his heart race. So he settled for a professional title. She chocked, he laughed.

"What did you just call me? For god sake! If its not noona, then SungKung is fine. And whats with the sudden change? Its alwasy noona, hasnt it?" She inquired with a suspision look on her face.

He took the plunge and confessed. "I like you Ms. Lee SungKyung."

Laying on his bed at night, he couldnt help but snigger at the look of hers when he made his confession. Her noodles were hanging from . She's so comically cute when she's all embaraassed.